Awesome Art Picks: Galactus, Storm, Zatanna, and More

  • 46 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for gmanfromheck
gmanfromheck

42524

Forum Posts

259238

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we search for the coolest comic book art that you won't actually see in comics. The reason you won't is because artists often draw sketches for fun or commissions and post them on their sites, blogs, and Tumblrs. Some artists even arrange commissions through their sites so be sure to check them out for more information.

Skottie Young will be our guest on next week's Invincibly Super Massive Comic Book Podcast of Stuff. Be sure to check that out. Here's some new art he posted on his Tumblr.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided


It was announced this week that Peter Nguyen will be doing an issue of the weekly DEATH OF WOLVERINE: THE LOGAN LEGACY. Check out some other art he posted on his Tumblr this week.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided


Chris Samnee posted some new art on his blog. You might remember an X-Men sketch cover he did for the Hero's Initiative. It's now up for bidding on eBay. Check it out HERE:.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided


Ryan Ottley did a FLASH Halloween variant cover. Check out the penciled and inked version he posted on his Tumblr.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided


Kris Anka posted a few new sketches on his Tumblr.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided


Yildiray Cinar posted some more new sketches on his Instagram page.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided


Sean Murphy posted some commissions, that were part of his Cafe Racer project, on his Deviant Art page.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided


Robert Atkins posted a bunch of new sketches on his blog. The Superman/Batman one was drawn with his brother, Brian. The last couple shows his art from a jam piece. Robert did Loki, Clayton Henry did Winter Soldier, and Craig Rousseau did Kang.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided


We just missed Todd Nauck's Captain America last Friday, the Fourth of July. He also posted a Nightcrawler on his Tumblr.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided


Agnes Garbowska posted a couple new pieces of art on her Tumblr and is getting ready for San Diego Comic-Con.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided


Kevin Wada posted some more sketches from Heroes Con on his Tumblr.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided


Marcio Takara is working on some pre-con commissions. Check his Tumblr for which shows he'll be at and still has room for commissions.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided


Mike Henderson posted some new art on his Instagram page.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided


Mike Norton posted a couple sketches on his Twitter page including the new redesign of Batgirl.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And Jordie Bellaire saw Mike's sketch and couldn't resist adding some color. She posted it on her Twitter page.

No Caption Provided

That's it for this week.

Avatar image for hushofthewind
HushoftheWind

1338

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HushoftheWind

Did Batman just tap that? lol jk

on a serious note, can get a Daredevil and Batgirl pic next? Or a Daredevil and Cheshire pic?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

48101

Forum Posts

148

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

dat Nightwing

Avatar image for theblueangel93
TheBlueAngel93

21064

Forum Posts

16240

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

I'm starting to warm up to Batgirl's new suit.

Also, that zombie Flash is terrifying. O_O

Avatar image for outside_85
Outside_85

23518

Forum Posts

18735

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Outside_85

Batgirl and Batpug!

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

2730

Forum Posts

5732

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for crimsonlord53
Crimsonlord53

1546

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Eggghhh that new batgirl outfit looks worse and worse the more I see it.

Avatar image for longbowhunter
longbowhunter

9425

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By longbowhunter

Yildiray Cinar's Daredevil...Wow!! Really like Skottie Young's has been Harry Potter too.

Avatar image for blizaga101
Blizaga101

1036

Forum Posts

186

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

kris ankas redesign for spiderwomen looked amazing, wonder if itll become legit, she needs a change.

I kinda liked the redesign for cloak and dagger aswell. sorta punky.

Avatar image for iceprince_x
IcePrince_X

5196

Forum Posts

628

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not for anything but that Sailormoon work is really creepy...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

36557

Forum Posts

10681

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for spitfirepanda
SpitfirePanda

2573

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Good batch!

Avatar image for jayso4201
Jayso4201

631

Forum Posts

109

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

As always, very groovy.

Avatar image for hushofthewind
HushoftheWind

1338

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

the only thing i dont like about Barbara's new costume is the color scheme. That should have been Stephanie Brown's batgirl costume

Avatar image for brucewayne19
BruceWayne19

45

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not a fan of batgirls over haul. It looks like dc is just trying to have a teen character to get that generation into comics. While the rest of us still want to see the grown up batgirl who is a little more mature

Avatar image for hyperman
hyperman

570

Forum Posts

336

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By hyperman

Sailor Venus. Am I glad to see an Anime charactar like that! I love Sailor Moon!

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

7676

Forum Posts

1

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Everyone was top notch this week!! That Zombie Flash though!! Ottley is a BEAST!

Avatar image for jangocrossfire
JangoCrossfire

73

Forum Posts

102

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Mike Henderson's stuff is simply the best. I've been telling him for awhile now that he needs to make a coffee table book of his warmup sketches called JUST WARMING UP: The Sketchwork of Mike Henderson.

Avatar image for blancosombra
blancosombra

609

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Ryan Ottley needs more recognition for his work. This guy just knocks it out of the park again and again.

Avatar image for comicman1000
Comicman1000

216

Forum Posts

28

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By Comicman1000

Flash: The Running Dead (bad joke I know) Some great stuff this week!

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

10331

Forum Posts

8401

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Zombie Flash!!!

Avatar image for the_tree
the_tree

8456

Forum Posts

28513

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By the_tree

Man, Ryan Ottley's just a beast!

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

2730

Forum Posts

5732

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By ArtisticNeedham
Master Splinter
Master Splinter
April O'Neil
April O'Neil

I love the Samnee Hulk and Peter Parker. And the Redesigns by Anka are always amazing, my favorite this week is probably Anka's Spider-Woman. @xwraith: I did. Thanks. I also did these and am currently finishing the Turtle Brothers.

Avatar image for warlock360
warlock360

30698

Forum Posts

3892

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Innuendo

Avatar image for denn979
Denn979

69

Forum Posts

74

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Nightwing and Elektra has to be the best

Avatar image for aweekingeekdom
AWeekInGeekdom

238

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ottley deserves a lot of praise for that fantastic variant!

Avatar image for winter_kills
Winter_Kills

1373

Forum Posts

1785

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm starting to warm up to Batgirl's new suit.

Also, that zombie Flash is terrifying. O_O

Heck yeah that thing is freaky! I also really liked the Nightwing/Elektra piece, that was cool. But the absolute coolest piece to me was the Winter Soldier & Loki one- that is so friggin' awesome! That needs to happen in the comics!

Avatar image for Pokeysteve
Pokeysteve

12042

Forum Posts

21613

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

I really like Henderson's Ghost Rider even though it's so simple.

Avatar image for theblueangel93
TheBlueAngel93

21064

Forum Posts

16240

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

@war_killer said:

I'm starting to warm up to Batgirl's new suit.

Also, that zombie Flash is terrifying. O_O

Heck yeah that thing is freaky! I also really liked the Nightwing/Elektra piece, that was cool. But the absolute coolest piece to me was the Winter Soldier & Loki one- that is so friggin' awesome! That needs to happen in the comics!

I just don't like that they placed Bucky with all of the villains. He's not a villain, not even in the movies, he's a hero who was being controlled by the real villains.

Avatar image for winter_kills
Winter_Kills

1373

Forum Posts

1785

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32  Edited By Winter_Kills

@winter_kills said:

@war_killer said:

I'm starting to warm up to Batgirl's new suit.

Also, that zombie Flash is terrifying. O_O

Heck yeah that thing is freaky! I also really liked the Nightwing/Elektra piece, that was cool. But the absolute coolest piece to me was the Winter Soldier & Loki one- that is so friggin' awesome! That needs to happen in the comics!

I just don't like that they placed Bucky with all of the villains. He's not a villain, not even in the movies, he's a hero who was being controlled by the real villains.

Yeah, that part I don't get. Like you I've never seen Bucky as a villain. I'm not sure if they had that in mind, but Bucky as a villain- nah. It's like Bucky's portrayal in the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance game- they had him acting way too villainous in my opinion, the thnings he said to Cap, working with the Masters of Evil- didn't like that. Even in the original Winter Soldier arc in Cap he was struggling against his programming vs. his repressed memories & personality. Even movie fans that aren't familiar with the comics still see Bucky as a good guy. Loki's complicated, a bit more anti-heroic now, & sort of Asgard's secret agent, & I'd like to see them interact on that level.

Avatar image for theblueangel93
TheBlueAngel93

21064

Forum Posts

16240

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

@war_killer said:

@winter_kills said:

@war_killer said:

I'm starting to warm up to Batgirl's new suit.

Also, that zombie Flash is terrifying. O_O

Heck yeah that thing is freaky! I also really liked the Nightwing/Elektra piece, that was cool. But the absolute coolest piece to me was the Winter Soldier & Loki one- that is so friggin' awesome! That needs to happen in the comics!

I just don't like that they placed Bucky with all of the villains. He's not a villain, not even in the movies, he's a hero who was being controlled by the real villains.

Yeah, that part I don't get. Like you I've never seen Bucky as a villain. I'm not sure if they had that in mind, but Bucky as a villain- nah. It's like Bucky's portrayal in the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance game- they had him acting way too villainous in my opinion, the thnings he said to Cap, working with the Masters of Evil- didn't like that. Even in the original Winter Soldier arc in Cap he was struggling against his programming vs. his repressed memories & personality. Even movie fans that aren't familiar with the comics still see Bucky as a good guy. Loki's complicated, a bit more anti-heroic now, & sort of Asgard's secret agent, & I'd like to see them interact on that level.

Exactly. His portrayal in Ultimate Alliance was just...WAY out of character. Even in the comics when he was under the control of the Soviets, Bucky rarely if ever talked. He was a weapon with someone else pulling the trigger.

Loki, through the movies and now more so in the comics, has become more of an Anti-Hero/Anti-Villain. Even in the movies, like Thor: The Dark World, you can see that deep down Loki wants to be good but his hatred for Odin is simply greater. The scene where Thor's like "I want to trust you" just hits you in the feels because deep down, you want to trust him too. :(

Avatar image for winter_kills
Winter_Kills

1373

Forum Posts

1785

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@winter_kills said:

@war_killer said:

@winter_kills said:

@war_killer said:

I'm starting to warm up to Batgirl's new suit.

Also, that zombie Flash is terrifying. O_O

Heck yeah that thing is freaky! I also really liked the Nightwing/Elektra piece, that was cool. But the absolute coolest piece to me was the Winter Soldier & Loki one- that is so friggin' awesome! That needs to happen in the comics!

I just don't like that they placed Bucky with all of the villains. He's not a villain, not even in the movies, he's a hero who was being controlled by the real villains.

Yeah, that part I don't get. Like you I've never seen Bucky as a villain. I'm not sure if they had that in mind, but Bucky as a villain- nah. It's like Bucky's portrayal in the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance game- they had him acting way too villainous in my opinion, the thnings he said to Cap, working with the Masters of Evil- didn't like that. Even in the original Winter Soldier arc in Cap he was struggling against his programming vs. his repressed memories & personality. Even movie fans that aren't familiar with the comics still see Bucky as a good guy. Loki's complicated, a bit more anti-heroic now, & sort of Asgard's secret agent, & I'd like to see them interact on that level.

Exactly. His portrayal in Ultimate Alliance was just...WAY out of character. Even in the comics when he was under the control of the Soviets, Bucky rarely if ever talked. He was a weapon with someone else pulling the trigger.

Loki, through the movies and now more so in the comics, has become more of an Anti-Hero/Anti-Villain. Even in the movies, like Thor: The Dark World, you can see that deep down Loki wants to be good but his hatred for Odin is simply greater. The scene where Thor's like "I want to trust you" just hits you in the feels because deep down, you want to trust him too. :(

Yeah, you're right about that. Bucky mentioned himself in the Man With No Face arc that Natalia, Sam & Clint Barton always told him that he wasn't responsible for what he did as the WS, that he was being used as a tool, & that he was just a passenger. As Cap also said to Sharon, she was blaming the gun, not the person pulling the trigger. And like you said, while under Soviet control he rarely talked- & later in the first WS arc, when he talked to Lukin, he questioned Lukin's orders- showing the resistance that the Soviets hinted at in the WS files.

And you're definitely spot on with Loki's portrayal in the movies, & I'm glad the comics are also taking that approach- like you said deep down he wants to be good, but his hatred for Odin is so intense, & his own skills & accomplishments are in the shadow of his legendary brother. And you're right about that scene- you're in Thor's position & you want to trust him- but there's that self-defense mechanism in your brain that recalls that mistrust.

That's an even greater reason for Bucky & Loki to interact- Bucky is trying to redeem himself & be a better man for actions beyond his control- while Loki is trying to redeem himself & be a better being as the result of past misdeeds of his own doing. That's a great juxtaposition between the two, I think.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

10627

Forum Posts

1019

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 19

#35  Edited By amazing_webhead

First a selfie, now a Bat-Pug? Babs is turning into a real Hilton-esque hipster.

Adam West and George Reeves. The Dark Knight and the Man of Steel. The crossover that should have been. The World's Finest!

Holy sh*t on a sh*t sandwich with sh*t on top! ...And an extra side helping of sh*t. Is she actually SMILING!? ...I think I'm gonna cry.
Holy sh*t on a sh*t sandwich with sh*t on top! ...And an extra side helping of sh*t. Is she actually SMILING!? ...I think I'm gonna cry.

Avatar image for timotheus316
Timotheus316

203

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sailor Moon needs anatomically wrong longer legs. And GORE! GORE! GORE! Colored Ottley Flash would be awesome!

Avatar image for gmanfromheck
gmanfromheck

42524

Forum Posts

259238

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By gmanfromheck

@timotheus316: That was actually shown earlier this week. I just thought it'd be cool for everyone to see the penciled and inked version.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
AlwaysBeClothing

277

Forum Posts

509

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By AlwaysBeClothing

Decided to e-mail Marcio Takara about a general commission, though I'm probably too late. Looking forward to seeing Agnes Garbowska and Todd Nauck at Comic Con

Avatar image for ostyo
Ostyo

14103

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#39  Edited By Ostyo

@g_man: Demand that Skottie Young needs to start drawing the TMNT comic.

Avatar image for chocolatefrogs
ChocolateFrogs

194

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By ChocolateFrogs
Avatar image for michaelthemighty17
michaelthemighty17

246

Forum Posts

122

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Who was the guy with the lightning bolt on his chest with the blue sword thing?

Avatar image for gmanfromheck
gmanfromheck

42524

Forum Posts

259238

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

2730

Forum Posts

5732

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

Maybe this new Batgirl isn't Barbara Gordon, but a younger red head.

Avatar image for wheatstalker
WheatStalker

359

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The eyes have it. What an achievement to be instantly recognizable, Kevin Wada.

It would be worth all the hassle, rigmarole, anxiety, and wait time, just to get into SDCC for a Wada commission.

Avatar image for dadarkknight36310
dadarkknight36310

174

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@artisticneedham: That my only problem with the look, it does not match the young mature adult that just recovered from her paralysis. They should have started her character off with this look and personality when they rebooted the line or just made this a new character.

Avatar image for gojira2014
Gojira2014

2087

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#46  Edited By Gojira2014

I really like Mike Hendersons work. I cant draw for crap, and naturally inept in it, I wish I could dray good as these lol.

Avatar image for charlieboy
charlieboy

7179

Forum Posts

248

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Batgirl is in her early twenties. She's not too old for a youthful look.

Avatar image for manneffest
MannEffest

1378

Forum Posts

5177

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

If, God forbid, Greg Capullo ever leaves Batman, I nominate Sean Murphy to take his place. I mean, his middle name is Gordon, it's a sign!!