Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Added some 3D effects with a program I found. I noticed the colored version seem to do a little better but my perception may be off due to changes in my vision. You need 3D glasses, the cheap blue and red type. If you have them, try this out and let me know if there is a strong enough effect, these are not contest entries.

Zoom in on my images profile to darken the borders around the image.

No Caption Provided
Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By Raven0207

Been messing around with this the last few nights. Not my best but still a good sketch !

No Caption Provided
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ssejllenrad

@RamsIllustrations: IIRC, I thought doing 3D against 2D entries is a bit unfair? Nyahahahaha! Kidding mate. I love your works! I really do!

Avatar image for purplefeather738
PurpleFeather738

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By PurpleFeather738

@ZZoMBiE13: Great job! This looks like something straight out of a comic!

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@PurpleFeather738: Thanks, that's kind of you to say. :)

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad said:

@RamsIllustrations: IIRC, I thought doing 3D against 2D entries is a bit unfair? Nyahahahaha! Kidding mate. I love your works! I really do!

Aaaah my observant friend, as you may have missed the added note, I specified it wasn't an entry. As you know in more than two years I have come around and have a better understanding of how these contests work and whether you are using a toothpick dipped in ink or a digital pen. As long as it's an original with the particular superhero theme followed, and it's not someone else's art and a current one for the contest, then it is valid!

...yup, learned that all by myself!! ; P

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@RamsIllustrations:

Wow. I think I may hate you. Not in a malicious way you understand, in a "damn why can't I be that awesome" kinda way. :P

Fantastic entry.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@RamsIllustrations:

Wow. I think I may hate you. Not in a malicious way you understand, in a "damn why can't I be that awesome" kinda way. :P

Fantastic entry.

I really appreciate the comment!

I love what I do and I hope it shows! I keep pushing forward and hope one day I can break into the field. :)

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@RamsIllustrations: :)

I'm sure if that's what you want to do with your life you can make it happen. Are you in, or have you been to, art school?

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Took class with Burne Hogarth and Gil Kane when I was a kid and mentored by Kerry Gammill but other than that mostly self taught. Quit drawing for about 17 yrs but started back about 2-3 years ago. Mostly for the contests here on the Vine...

What has helped me the most is constantly asking myself while I'm drawing, " Does it look right? and what can I do to make it better?" Also, I used to slack off years ago. I try to push myself, if I don;t like something, I try not to leave it like that. "Would a top professional leave it like that?" Is also another question that pops into my mind. I have found those few questions really helpful in pushing me harder... : )

Not trying to compare myself to the top guys, just little nudges on my part to help me improve.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@RamsIllustrations: We all have our little self motivating tools.

Personally I gave up dreams of being a pro years ago. It wasn't an easy thing to come to terms with, but I was never good enough and eventually learned to live with that. You though, I bet you can make it if you've got the drive and it sounds like you do. I wish you all the luck in not only this world, but Earth 2 and all the multiverse as well. ;)

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZZoMBiE13:

Thanks man, I am trying.... : )

The motivational comments I placed, where for anyone that may want an opinion on what helps someone else. I always was able to use tips from other artists along the way.

The drive is the hardest I believe. I haven't always had it and confidence is definitely a plus. When i was in my twenties emotions and thoughts, plus drive where all big question marks. Was I good enough? Can I keep up with the demands? I saw an opportunity to make really good money and decided to veer off the track and run a different kind of business in the commercial flooring field.

When i got out of that business a few years later I realized I was burned out on comics and had little to no patience to see things develop on paper. I came to a conclusion in the last few years, I have all this time invested in sitting and drawing and it's all going to waste if I don't do something about it.

Now that I am older I have more experience in dealing with things. No fear or worries about rejection. It's peaceful seeing things on my own terms. I see it as a labor of love but it's a product too. Needs to be polished before going out on the market. My main concern at the moment is keeping up with schedules and deadlines. Not an issue but maintaining it indefinitely on a regular basis and realizing that I may be stuck to the drawing board.(tablet) Is going to have to be a way of life.

If things don't work the way I would like it to, I will always look back without regrets and know I gave it my best shot. Never want to reminisce about how I didn't do anything about it.

I wouldn't bother writing all of this, other than if there are guys or gals out there that are thinking about it. Push yourself and get it done, don't wait 17 years like myself. I wish I had stuck with it years ago. Who knows where I would be if I had. :P

raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By raamesirote

Just somthing i made quickly. Venom is one of my favorite, and i didn't want to not enter this contest.

No Caption Provided
KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By KMART4455

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

I decided to forego color this time. Usually I like to at least make the attempt, but coloring isn't my strong point anyway, so after a couple of poor attempts made this one less compelling, I removed the color layer and added all the thicker shadows and black patched on Eddie's symbiote. I like it a lot better this way.

No Caption Provided

This is awesome! Great Work!

Doubles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Doubles

Hope I'm not too late. Very new to this site and loving it. Saw this contest today and decided to give it a go. Was watching ESPN and trying to come up with an angle when inspiration hit me. Why not combine two "villains". Hope this works with the out there and anything goes. Needless to say, I took some liberties.

No Caption Provided
ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@Doubles: I drew Thanos dressed like Michael Jackson from Beat It for the last Costume Contest. There are no limits on imagination my friend. And I love the drawing, very original. :)

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Doubles: Great stuff! Cool idea!

Doubles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Doubles

@RamsIllustrations: @ZZoMBiE13: Thank you. It was fun. I've really been enjoying all the great artwork and can't wait to see everything else.