Artist Show-Off Showdown #88: Shi or Kabuki

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IcePrince_X

I am one big 90's comic book guy and these are two of the most stunning ladies that came out during that time and have enjoyed critical fame and success as well. Though both characters are no longer in their regular series, they are more or less still in recognized in the comic book world.

Task: Draw either William Tucci's Shi or David Mack's Kabuki or you can draw both ladies if you like.

Any medium will do.

Deadline is on: April 8, 2012

Here are some character references:

Shi:

Kabuki:

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Decept-O

@IcePrince_X: Glad you're not afraid to say you're a 90's comic fan. So many people currently have an attitude that comics from this era sucked but they don't. Yes, there was a mass saturation of comics then and some weren't so good, mind you, but there were plenty of gems. Perhaps this will help show younger and newer readers that fact.

Congrats on the win and great choices. Should be a challenging and fun one to do.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By IcePrince_X

db8coach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By db8coach
This is the best I'm going to do with this...I have never been a fan and her costume SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSS
This is the best I'm going to do with this...I have never been a fan and her costume SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSS
spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By spawndon

@db8coach said:

Whatever, but your drawing is great!

Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Om1kron

@spawndon said:

@db8coach said:

It's the truth though her costume does suck. But a lot of the costumes from the early 90's sucked that back when boobs were out and huge, the chicks were 6 feet tall and buff as heck and everyone wore underpants over their normal pants.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By IcePrince_X

@Om1kron said:

@spawndon said:

@db8coach said:

It's the truth though her costume does suck. But a lot of the costumes from the early 90's sucked that back when boobs were out and huge, the chicks were 6 feet tall and buff as heck and everyone wore underpants over their normal pants.

LoL!

For somebody who says he doesn't like her you sure did a good job.

ProofPudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ProofPudding

Here is mine.

Just did a quick sketch,don't think I will have time to do a final. I think the sketch turned out cool so I thought I would share it.

Shi
Shi
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tonis

I think what I love the most about doing these challenges is the variety of characters you get exposed to that you'd never find on your own. Your always thinking outside the longbox IcePrince and your choices offer some fascinating independent characters.

I really liked this one, her costumes pretty sexy, and trying to replicate that pattern in her leather was a hell of a learning experience. :)

Shi
Shi
Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@tonis:

Your recent stuff has been looking really good.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tonis

@Roxanne Starr: thanks, I've been experimenting with some natural lens effects for depth of field and lighting and I'm happy with some of the results too :)

If only it didn't eat up my computer so bad, on my Storm Shadow turning on that feature made a 2 hours render take 18 hours, that's a big chunk of time to wait for something to cook.

spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By spawndon

@tonis: 18 hours!!!!!!!

you could make separate renders, thus eliminating the need for DOF. Stormshadow and the architecture she stands on in 1 layer, background in another layer. Blur in PS.

edit: my stormshadow took 34 seconds, and I dont have Graphics card, pentium core 2 duo.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By IcePrince_X

Great works guys!

Will set the voting thread in a few!

spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By spawndon

please unhook this thread.

SyIar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SyIar

@ProofPudding said:

Here is mine.

Just did a quick sketch,don't think I will have time to do a final. I think the sketch turned out cool so I thought I would share it.

Shi
Shi

GRRRRREAT Job.

ProofPudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ProofPudding

@SyIar: Thank You