Artist Show-Off Showdown #30: Movie Night!

knotty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Since movies such as The Batman are blowin’ up, let’s have a movie night!

For this contest, it must be a MOVIE POSTER depicting a character or pairing (past or present) that has NEVER been shown onscreen before.

Therefore, Deadpool, Vampirella, Batman, Alien, Charlie Brown, the Shadow, Scooby Doo, and 20,000 Leagues Beneath the Sea are out, but Clayface: The Horror Movie or Logan and Ororo as a romance film (!) will work. In other words, you can’t use Zootopia, but those of you who have always imagined a Saga vs. Zootopia fight film can finally get to create your wish!

Since it’s a movie poster, it has to look like one. In this case, your art submission must also have a title, a rating, a date that your “film” will drop, and at least one (real or made-up) “actor” or “director” name on it.

Other than that, be creative! Contest will end on April 11.

Magistros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knotty:

Sounds like a pretty damn good challenge!

Is it ok if we use the title of an existing movie franchise, or does the title have to be completely original and unique? For example, I'm thinking of doing a Jumanji X, or a Star Wars: Episode 99 featuring a Joe Madureira character that I don't think has ever been in a movie at all. Doable?

knotty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, Magistros!

Yeah, your title can be whatever you want it to be. All that's required is that your illustration be a movie poster of a character or pairing that's never been shown on onscreen.

Magistros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knotty: Cool! I have a couple of extra days off from work this week, so let me see what I can put together.

@egod Kindly pin this thread, when you get a chance. Gracias!

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blackdog2009

Great idea @magistros

here's my entry, I had a lot of fun the making up movie credits, hope you enjoy it too when you read them closely.

No Caption Provided

Magistros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

knotty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, looks like we've got a winner....great job, Blackdog2009! I'll let you take over.

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009:

Congrats man! I think yours would have won regardless of the amount of entries, nicely done!

@knotty said:

Well, looks like we've got a winner....great job, Blackdog2009! I'll let you take over.

Hey Knotty thanks for stepping in, life has been a bit of a turmoil as of late on my end. Not really drawing anything other than what appears on my tablet when I can make some time so Im glad you took over on this round. I was hoping to see something from your end too.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knotty: @ramsillustrations: tks guys!

I'm bummed out, I wanted to see what others would do. Let me see what I come up with next.