Artist Show-Off Showdown #21 ***VOTING*** ONE PAGE COMIC STRIP

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Artist Show-Off Showdown #21 ***VOTING*** ONE PAGE COMIC STRIP (9 votes)

Dragonspine 22%
Blackdog2009 78%

hello guys, time for the voting part of this challenge...

No Caption Provided

Dragonspine's luscious, hypnotic eye contact philosophy strip

No Caption Provided

Blackdog2009's depiction of Wolverine comes over and does what Batman has always failed to do or neglected to do :)

• 
Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Dragonspine's art is great and Blackdogs story is ...interesting.

Thank you both.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Blackdog2009

@maniac2312: tks for the feeback.

well it's been a week. Looks like Blackdog is the winner (that would be me :) ) .

@egod you can close this one I guess.

Since participation was really low on this one, I'd ask for the other posters around here to please make recommendations on the next challenge, or if anyone wants to volunteer to do the next one, I'll gladly step aside, no problem with me.

Thank you @dragonspine for your participation.

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RamsIllustrations

@blackdog2009:

Hey man, yeah its that time of year. On our end Covids dropping here in the US, at least for the moment. People are enjoying being out and about and usually with summer the participation drops radically for these contests. We had a decent run being that participation was anemic before it kinda got a boost in the past few month.

The story panels was a great idea but timing may have been a little late due to summer being upon us. Sequentials are very time consuming and for some too much of a challenge. Usually if it does pick up it will be in the fall. I would suggest just coming up with a splash of a character to get people motivated to try their hand at it. Its been something thats worked over the years but like anything else theres no guarantees.

Not sure but to me traffic on this site seems to have dropped in at least the last month or more.

There are new movies in the works and Black Adam seems to be one that looks visually fun and dynamic for next years release.

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 EGoD  Moderator

@ramsillustrations: It is true, traffic on the site has been dropping off for a while. Since @blackdog2009 is open to suggestions and willing to pass off the next contest, if you do have an idea you think would work well, then I see no problem in you starting up something you might think will pull in artists.

If anyone does want to start the next contest, just let blackdog know or post here that you'd like to take over the next subject.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egod:

Sneaky you be Mr EGoD hehe, Yeah I will start the next one just to get the ball rolling.

Doubt theres going to be much interest in the coming months but you never know. If it becomes so much of a dry spell we can halt it until after the summer if not even 2 artists join in.

I dont mind doing it every once in a while. I myself i'm strapped for time so not sure whether I can jump in or not.

Will have something up today or tomorrow.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e7a5c633643
deactivated-60e7a5c633643

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonspine's art is great and Blackdogs story is ...interesting.

Thank you both.

Thanks!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: Congrats on another win! Keep racking and stacking, as they say. Happy to have contributed, but hopefully the next time we get more of a turnout. (And hopefully I won't be too swamped myself to pitch in a piece or two.)

Ideas for the next contest(s):

1. With pandemic conditions starting to lift, and the US Independence holiday around the corner, maybe it's time to get an idea of what finally being "free" means to some of the artists out there? Draw anything that comes to mind within legal and/or acceptable forum guidelines.

2. Find an artistic image and draw it in your style. These exercises are pretty popular on some of the other social media platforms. It can be anything from a painting in the Louvre, to a poster of a manga or comic character, to a panel of a Bazooka gum comic strip. Whatever you like, draw it in your style and post both the original work and your variant version of it.

3. Create a summer-themed Original Character.

4. Draw a tv/movie themed character.

5. "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly." Draw a character who best exemplifies one of those characteristics.

@ramsillustrations@egod

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonspine:

Hey Bud, I went with the Black Adam inspired theme, just wanted to keep it simple with a small twist. Figured with summer and all a quick splash would be easy if anyone's interested.

New Contest link: Black Eve?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers