• 61 results
Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Dark Walker

Because of popular demand ;D this weeks challenge is The Dynamic Duo, The Caped Crusaders, the legendary BATMAN & ROBIN.  Please keep it PG and treat them with respect, these are my favorite superheroes of all time.  You can choose from the Silver Age, Golden Age or Modern Age.  Contest Closes Monday February 23rd. 
Good Luck!

bobkane1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bobkane1998

uh yea i got to do this one.  nice choice.

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Paragon

Is it one or the other, or both?

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Legacy_

At these times, when artist show-offs begins...it gets me thinking and hoping that one day I will learn how to draw but GL to whoever joins this contest

Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dark Walker
Paragon said:
"Is it one or the other, or both?"

Both, Batman & Robin.
The Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By The Rorschach

Sweet.  thats awesome.

majinHulku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By majinHulku

batman is awesome. robin sucks. im not sure if im guna do this one or not. 

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By IcePrince_X
majinHulku said:
"batman is awesome. robin sucks.... "
The mental images ain't setting right in my head.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Strafe Prower
IcePrince_X said:
"majinHulku said:

"

LOL
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
majinHulku said:
"batman is awesome. robin sucks. im not sure if im guna do this one or not. "
your loss.... I was going to vote for you too.
AnnetteKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AnnetteKS

So can we submit a digital drawing?  I have never successfully drawn the male form I am sure I will need help with my sketches in photoshop >< but if I have to I will keep it to the sketch pad.

Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dark Walker

Well, AnnettKS I would prefer to see your raw talent.  The feelings I get are that digital gives an unfair advantage to those who aren't fluent with photo painting programs.  This would be an excellent way to help with your drawing of the male form. ;-)  A finished pencil sketch is just as good. 

Good Luck, hope to see your work!

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

Ugh, Batman AND Robin, you would.  You could've just picked a happy medium between them both and said Batgirl ha ha ha ha

bobkane1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bobkane1998

oh get over it guys and draw the two boys in tights.  hehehehehehe.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator
Dark Walker said:
"Well, AnnettKS I would prefer to see your raw talent.  The feelings I get are that digital gives an unfair advantage to those who aren't fluent with photo painting programs.  This would be an excellent way to help with your drawing of the male form. ;-)  A finished pencil sketch is just as good. 

"
If you want to add a stipulation to a showdown, you need to note it in your post when you start the showdown. You can't expect people to come back to the thread days later if they already got started and read through the posts to see if any rules have been added.

Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dark Walker

Fine, people can do whatever meduim they want since I didn't state it, my bad.  Maybe general guide lines should have been stated from the begining instead of having to reiterate rules every single time.  It seems every time these are done people always ask questions even if they are stated.  Then if we want to add something in particular we can.

Go nuts, just keep it PG.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

The general guidelines have been that there isn't any particular medium. If someone wants to enter using charcoals, crayons, MS paint, or make a Batman and Robin bust out of fusilli pasta and enter it, they should be able to do that by default if nothing is specified. It should be more about doing your best regardless of what level you're at, getting the practice in, and having some friendly competition while you're at it.

The first winner of the first showdown, Sketchor, used digital stuff. I'm not sure I buy the unfair advantage thing just yet, the contests where Flash won (i'm assuming this new rule is being directed at him)- Wolverine- there was only 1 other participant,  Warpath -2 other entries, and Punisher versus had a ton of entries and was very competitive with basically a 3-way tie with him, TMOE, and bobkane.

All that said, if you win, you can make whatever rules you want when you start the showdown, so don't let any of that stop you if you really want to just see people's take on a character in pencils & inks, in a certain setting or scenario, whatever.

majinHulku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By majinHulku
IcePrince_X said:
"majinHulku said:

"
well ive made up my mind and decided to enter. oh i think you will enjoy it.... well maybe not darkwalker. lol but i feel it will live up to my own standards.
AnnetteKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AnnetteKS
Dark Walker said:
"Well, AnnettKS I would prefer to see your raw talent.  The feelings I get are that digital gives an unfair advantage to those who aren't fluent with photo painting programs.  This would be an excellent way to help with your drawing of the male form. ;-)  A finished pencil sketch is just as good. 

"
:D you guys can just call me Annette. Lets not be so formal !! :D
majinHulku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By majinHulku

im first? ... anyway, this should be considered respectful. Robin had the honor of being eaten by MY favorite character.

No Caption Provided

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nitric

YES! My vote will be for this.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
inferiorego said:
"majinHulku said:
"batman is awesome. robin sucks. im not sure if im guna do this one or not. "
your loss.... I was going to vote for you too.
"
majinHulku said:
"im first? ... anyway, this should be considered respectful. Robin had the honor of being eaten by MY favorite character.
No Caption Provided

"
i'm true to my word
AnnetteKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AnnetteKS

Here is my drawing of the duo. Robin kinda got cut off. I ran out of paper while sketching >< poor birdie.

Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dark Walker

I asked for only BATMAN and ROBIN and for it to be kept respectful and PG, that is not PG majinhulku. 
Those were the only rules I had, you said you don't like Robin but those were the rules.  Since it doesn't fall into those guidelines it can't be submitted for the showdown.
You're a good artist I'm sure you can do something without bloodshed. 

bobkane1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bobkane1998

oh the drama on the vine.  our own computer soap opera.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Strafe Prower

that is a little much majin.

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nitric
Strafe Prower said:
"that is a little much majin."
Come on, that's hardly worse if even on par with stuff found in "PG" related areas. I say let him participate, his work is great, and bloodshed makes comics.

Again, I love it Majin
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Strafe Prower
Nitric said:
"Strafe Prower said:
"that is a little much majin."
Come on, that's hardly worse if even on par with stuff found in "PG" related areas. I say let him participate, his work is great, and bloodshed makes comics.

Again, I love it Majin
"

I don't like blood shed personally, but i don't mind it that much. this is a little much though. I still agree DW
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Precise

Quick sketch.. =)
Quick sketch.. =)

The Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The Rorschach
Precise said:
"LOl
Quick sketch.. =)
Quick sketch.. =)

"
~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

rotfl!!

Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dark Walker

Oh for @#!$ sake.   What is so difficult to understand. 

I asked for Batman and Robin and supplied reference material.  Only ONE person has done what was actually asked  (thank you annette).

The only constant with this little contest is that you HAVE to follow the "rules" laid out by the contest starter.  Precise, that is a very comical piece and I'm a fan of the Simpsons, but not what is outlined for this contest.  

No one has said majin couldn't enter, just his entry isn't valid because it does not adhere to my guidelines for this contest.  As well his art work is 3/4 Hulk and only 1/4 B&R.  I did not ask for Hulk I ONLY asked for Batman and Robin. 

Dark Walker said:

"Because of popular demand ;D this weeks challenge is The Dynamic Duo, The Caped Crusaders, the legendary BATMAN & ROBIN.  Please keep it PG and treat them with respect, these are my favorite superheroes of all time.  You can choose from the Silver Age, Golden Age or Modern Age.  Contest Closes Monday February 23rd. 
Good Luck!

"

So far we only have ONE valid entry.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Batman and Robin are both in the Hulk one..... Then there's Batman and Robin played by Homer & Bart....  Looks valid to me.

bobkane1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By bobkane1998
The Rorschach said:
"Precise said:
"LOl
Quick sketch.. =)
Quick sketch.. =)

"
"
the simpsons portraying batman and robin.  you cant go wrong.  great job.
Kyriakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kyriakos

ok

cly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cly

lol @ Precise

Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dark Walker
inferiorego said:
"Batman and Robin are both in the Hulk one..... Then there's Batman and Robin played by Homer & Bart....  Looks valid to me.
"

I DID NOT ASK FOR BATMAN AND ROBING VS WHOMEVER,  I DID NOT ASK FOR PEOPLE TO DRAW OTHER CHARACTERS AS BATMAN AND ROBIN. 

Dark Walker said:
"Because of popular demand ;D this weeks challenge is The Dynamic Duo, The Caped Crusaders, the legendary BATMAN & ROBIN.  Please keep it PG and treat them with respect, these are my favorite superheroes of all time.  You can choose from the Silver Age, Golden Age or Modern Age.  Contest Closes Monday February 23rd. 
Good Luck!

That is what I asked.  Batman and Robin that is it.  So they ARE NOT VALID.  
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

Y'know DW did say that you are to draw BATMAN AND ROBIN, also he said to TREAT THEM WITH RESPECT and PG, so far I haven't seen any RESPECT or PG in majin drawing watsoever, so common sense says its not valid for the contest when you don't stick to the rules stated by the contest starter.  Although if you're gonna get technical which everyone seems to be doing now, then he also didn't say you couldn't draw anyone else in the drawing (sorry but you didn't say Batman and Robin only).

I love the Simpson's and that drawing is hilarious and really well done, technically DW said Batman and Robin, it is Batman and Robin, just Homer and Bart dressed as Batman and Robin, that one is kind of hard to say whether its valid or not, but you start doing that and you're gonna have people drawing Batman and Robin as slutty girls and so on.  

This is all getting to be a bit too much, those of us who started in this contest since the beginning knew the basic rules and pretty much kept to them even if they weren't stated EVERY single time, like new drawings only that are done specifically for the contest, that one hasn't been stated in every new contest but we all knew it was there.

Even if EVERY SINGLE detail isn't listed by the contest starter, common sense and respect to the contest should pretty much be the standard rule of thumb, we're not all 5 years old here.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#39  Edited By Darkchild
Walks in and laughs hysterically before walking back out
bobkane1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By bobkane1998
EGoD said:
"

Y'know DW did say that you are to draw BATMAN AND ROBIN, also he said to TREAT THEM WITH RESPECT and PG, so far I haven't seen any RESPECT or PG in majin drawing watsoever, so common sense says its not valid for the contest when you don't stick to the rules stated by the contest starter.  Although if you're gonna get technical which everyone seems to be doing now, then he also didn't say you couldn't draw anyone else in the drawing (sorry but you didn't say Batman and Robin only).

I love the Simpson's and that drawing is hilarious and really well done, technically DW said Batman and Robin, it is Batman and Robin, just Homer and Bart dressed as Batman and Robin, that one is kind of hard to say whether its valid or not, but you start doing that and you're gonna have people drawing Batman and Robin as slutty girls and so on.  

This is all getting to be a bit too much, those of us who started in this contest since the beginning knew the basic rules and pretty much kept to them even if they weren't stated EVERY single time, like new drawings only that are done specifically for the contest, that one hasn't been stated in every new contest but we all knew it was there.

Even if EVERY SINGLE detail isn't listed by the contest starter, common sense and respect to the contest should pretty much be the standard rule of thumb, we're not all 5 years old here.

"
were not 5 egod.  well darn. guess i should back out of comic vine then.  but you are right this is getting a bit immature.  JUST DRAW BATMAN AND ROBIN,  DW is the winner and he said he wants batman and robin.  why is it so hard to do just that.   Everyone here is a copitant and capable artist no matter what you draw or what medium you draw in.  Lets have some fun and just do as the man asked.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Precise

Wow.. never knew this contest was so serious and competetive. I just tried to make a funny drawing within the stated rules, but i guess i was wrong. So i apologize to you Dark Walker if i did anything wrong and withdraw myself from the competition. =)

majinHulku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By majinHulku
Darkchild said:
"Walks in and laughs hysterically before walking back out
"
well said. i apologise for the lack of respect. i did another one but im positive that you will find it offensive so im NOT entering. i have other things to do. see ya later.
Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Nitric
majinHulku said:
"Darkchild said:
"Walks in and laughs hysterically before walking back out
"
well said.
"
Yeah, I did the same, but decided to be silent about it. lol
Crazy Pan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44  Edited By Crazy Pan

I got one and I'll enter it today sometime. It's respective I promise! lol

AnnetteKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AnnetteKS

It is just drawing comic books characters. I did it and I have only drawn (counting batman and robin) three in my life. It would suck and smoosh my self esteem if I won by default because no one else entered because dawning a straight batman and robin (straight as in not distorted by fades and/or vulgarity) is just way too difficult.

4 days left! Lets see some art. It is an art contest not a popularity contest or a who can make more drama contest. Let your art speak.

Kid Anarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Kid Anarchy

okay.....i drew a picture of Batman in Robin in new gear. They're supposed to be Nightwing as the new Batman and Damian Wayne as Robin. I also added a small Batgirl (who's really Spoiler) in the background just for fun. is this valid or am i gonna have to draw a new one?

Reminder- although its supposed to be Nightwing and Damian behind the masks, you can still tell its Batman and Robin.I just modified their costumes.

Crazy Pan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Crazy Pan

Lo and behold there was Batman and Robin. I went with a young Dick Grayson. I decided on grayscale because...well I like grayscale and it kind of represents
Lo and behold there was Batman and Robin. I went with a young Dick Grayson. I decided on grayscale because...well I like grayscale and it kind of represents "old times" in a sense. Enjoy!

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Precise

Great job Pan! Did you do that on the computer? =)

Crazy Pan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Crazy Pan

No I drew it, scanned it, and then put in a background via photoshop. Colored with prisma grayscale markers.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Precise

Looks awesome, very impressive!