Artist Show-Off Showdown 2.0 #5 DARK PHOENIX!

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RamsIllustrations

Well there's been a lapse in transitioning to the next one, hopefully this will get it going again.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RamsIllustrations

Lets set the deadline to DEC 10th

Please remember,

1. You can post more than one image but have to choose only one as your entry.

2. Also the winning entry gets the artist to choose the next theme to post so we can get this moving along.

3. When the contest ends, the entries are set to be voted on at that time.

Choose a date for the deadline on both the New theme and when the voting will end.

Its all in fun but its the most fair way to do this for the contest to keep going for everyone.

@egod can you please post. Thanks!

@blackdog2009

@payno

@proofpudding

@frischdvh

@dragonspine

@mofetaclueca

@punny_chara

@leem724

Anyone can join, all levels!

The contest is up if you wanna join, looking forward to a good turnout! :)

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3 EGoD  Moderator

Ooooooooooooo

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egod:

Looking forward to your rendition. Cant be too soon :)

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna give this another go.

I was really active here a couple of years ago 'til work came into the picture.

Used to put hours over a number of days into each entry. To challenge myself, and also to make sure I actually pick up the pen, I'll limit myself to what I can pull off in one sitting.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Blackdog2009
No Caption Provided

Let me start the ball rolling then. I'm a purist so my illustrations are all hand drawn and yes I use different mediums (color pencils, water color, marker, sharpies etc.) . These are fun.

One feedback from me: I think to keep it fair we must all just turn in one piece unless the contest dictates you want a specific number of illustrations. Anyways that's just my nit pic. I hope to see other renditions sooner rather than later. Cheers.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunmetalgrey: Do it... Love to see what you come up with looking forward to it..

One feedback from me: I think to keep it fair we must all just turn in one piece unless the contest dictates you want a specific number of illustrations. Anyways that's just my nit pic. I hope to see other renditions sooner rather than later. Cheers.

Gothcha covered bud, not sure if you read the first item I covered up above.

Thanks for moving quickly on this, really good entry! :)

Dragonspine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsillustrations: You can never go wrong with Phoenix! Will try to squeeze in something before the Thanksgiving holiday, if I can.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonspine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonspine:

Definitely, bring it on man! :)

Ha ha, you got it. Do we need to redesign the costume, or can we use her original Byrne look?

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonspine:

I left it open for interpretation. If you wanna redesign something that resembles the version in comics thats ok or Byrnes would be great.

Like to leave some freedom to express. Other times the characters sorely need an update. :P Do what feels right man....

Check out my latest The Darkness, demons pouring out of a dimensional portal. Working on the inking and then of course, the colors... :P

Dragonspine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsillustrations: Cool! I'll probably go with the original Byrne version, but let's see what happens when I start sketching. Never know where the creative impulse will take me.

By the way, The Darkness pieces that you're doing are mind-blowingly impressive as always. How long before we get to see your work in print?

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonspine:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thanks man, I saw print since the 90s and recently about 2 years ago with a western with a character named Lobo, not from DC.

Im gearing up for 2020. Have some idea and direction so hopefully it will all pull together.

These "The Darkness" pieces have a purpose. I may be kinda quiet for the next few weeks after the inks and colors on this next piece. Doing some sequentials and then back to my own project which is taking me forever but im enjoying it so that makes it worthwhile.

I posted the above images somewhere on the forum but if you havent seen them heres a couple. :)

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Hoping for some entries since we are going into the last stretch before the deadline. In case, I drew one up to join Blackdog2009. :) this is when Jean realized she was changing and converting to the dark side. Buahahaha, ok something like that...

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ramsillustrations: nice entry!

I like that western too. I have a western character myself. I hope we can compare notes sometime.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dunte_c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsillustrations: I really like the pose you chose. Phoenix often gets shown in a static pose.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dunte_c said:

@ramsillustrations: I really like the pose you chose. Phoenix often gets shown in a static pose.

Thanks, Im with you, I wanted something slightly different since I see the same poses too. If I wasnt so tight in time with 2 projects going on at the moment I would have played around with the pose a little longer being that its a challenge.

Thanks for noticing. :)

Dragonspine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsillustrations: Whoa! That is amazing work. You don't need it, but best of luck with your next professional project.

Dragonspine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dragonspine

Year-end closings really went sideways this year (albeit in a good way). I'll probably be a blur for the rest of the month, but wanted to get something on the board before the deadline. It's a bit of a rush with the arms and hands being disproportionate and the color contrast coming in way hotter than I wanted, but each piece is a chance for improvement. Will definitely stick the landing the next time.

PS: The Earth depicted is a capture of a NASA stock photo. Full credit to them on that.

No Caption Provided

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonspine: Love it man, nicely done! Colors are hot, but like with you I did the same, I also thought they where too saturated and reduced it realizing I still preferred the stronger version. I too have become more conscious of using a less saturated palette.

Thanks, I appreciate the good luck wishes, no matter what we do in life we need a little to a lot of that. Its a business and connections are were its at much of the time. In getting it published, printed distributed making the deadlines etc. So I feel, yes you are very welcome to send the good vibes my way, I will never turn them down. :D

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 EGoD  Moderator

Had to buy some new markers to finish this one and get a new scanner.

No Caption Provided