Artist Show-Off Showdown 2.0 #4: Wonder Woman ****VOTING THREAD****

Avatar image for deactivated-60e7a5c633643
deactivated-60e7a5c633643

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Artist Show-Off Showdown 2.0 #4: Wonder Woman ****VOTING THREAD**** (6 votes)

TheCount 1 (Asgardian Wonder Woman) 17%
Blackdog2009 17%
TheCount 2 (Guardians of the Galaxy Wonder Woman) 67%

Congratulations to everyone who participated in this contest. Kindly review the below masterpieces and tell us your vote. I will refrain from voting as not to unfairly influence the outcome. However, in the event of a tie, I will cast the last deciding tie-breaker vote. The person with the most votes will be responsible for holding the next Showdown contest.

Voting closes at 11pm PST on Saturday, November 2nd. The votes will be tallied and the winner announced shortly thereafter. Good luck to all of the contributors!

I. TheCount 1 (Asgardian Wonder Woman)

No Caption Provided

II. Blackdog2009

No Caption Provided

III. TheCount 2 (Guardians of the Galaxy Wonder Woman)

No Caption Provided

@egod Please pin this for the group. Thanks!

• 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By the way, my sketch never got beyond the conceptualization phase, so I didn't enter it. Here is one of the preliminary drafts for those that are curious. Part of me wanted to make her the next Captain America, part of me wanted to give her Quasar's quantum bands, part of me wanted to make her an Eternal gladiator, but in the end I wasn't completely sold on an exact costume. Maybe if there's another Wonder Woman contest in the future I'll commit to a simple design and finish it. Maybe. :)

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ladies and Gents, we have a winner! Congratulations to @thecount for the awesome interpretation of Wonder Woman as a member of the Guardians. I know that the next artist showdown contest is in good hands. Will see you there!

@egod Please add thecount's entry to the winner's gallery. Thanks!

TheCount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheCount

@dragonspine: you need to finish that, and tag me when you do so. thanks for the votes. Really dug your piece too @blackdog2009

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Blackdog2009
@thecount: @thecount:
Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blackdog2009
@thecount: @thecount:
Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecount:

Hey man Congrats!

Not sure if you know the rules on winning hehe, when you win you get to choose the next Character/Theme.

Add an image to get the artists salivating to enter. Try and choose something a wide variety of artists are familiar with and gets them motivated. Also add a deadline of around 3 weeks and then its time to do the voting thread after that and pass the baton to the next winner. Brw you can enter again if you want.

On these contests you can enter more than one time but can only choose one of the entries as your final piece. Its only fair to the other artists. This past contest both your pieces were added and that turned out ok but I dont want other artists thinking they were given the short end because of it.

If you can get the next theme up, I can follow up and start the voting after the deadline if you cannot.

Let us know or the contest sits stagnant until the next one starts up....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecount said:

@dragonspine: you need to finish that, and tag me when you do so.

Thanks. I may have time to put the finishing touches on that piece. Or perhaps show some of the other concepts that I had in mind. Any clues as to what the next showdown will be?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecount

Here's one of the other rough treatments for Diana that I scrapped. Her entire form is really off, but I was basically trying to channel Adam Hughes. :)

No Caption Provided

As far as the concept goes, I was thinking that maybe Diana emerges in the Marvel Universe around the 1970s and has a backstory similar to Moondragon's. Although, instead of being an orphan, Diana would be the abandoned daughter of the Greek God, Zeus, and the Eternal, Sui-San, and raised by a sect of the Shou-Lom that splintered off from the main temple hundreds of years before Heather Douglas arrived on Titan. With Hercules and Thanos as half-brothers, it's just a matter of time before Diana takes center stage. I just couldn't settle on whether I wanted her to have a lasso, bracelets or tiara. Oh well.

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers