Artist Show-Off Showdown # 11

knotty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey, mods, let me me know if I've done this correctly.

For this contest, you will draw the Battle for Krakoa—the last, desperate fight between all of mutantdom and all of humanity.

You can choose to draw individuals (for example, Proteus attacking an army with his reality powers or a bloodied Wolverine raising a victory flag over Krakoa). You can also draw as many Marvel/ X-characters battling as you can fit on a page or even create a “Crank Those Panels” story-type image—it’s up to you. Contest will end on July 15th. Looking forward to seeing everyone’s entries!

frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a REALLY cool idea....

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3 EGoD  Moderator

@knotty lol ah so you posted, good job. Just keep in mind that you can extend the date if needed.

knotty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egod Thanks, I will if a poster asks. I came up with this idea after figuring that Marvel will eventually do it in the comics, so we'll just beat them to the punch!

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knotty:

Aaw, someone knows the "Crank those Panels" thanks! :)

I think im gonna get verklempt, talk amongst yourselves.... ;P

Loading Video...

k12peterson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By k12peterson

This is the first time that I visit here. I found so many exciting matters in this particular blog, One thing I would like to request you that pls keep posting such type of informative blog.

https://www.mjackets.com/category/blue-leather-jacket/

k12peterson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By k12peterson

I appreciate this blog your blog is vert help full for me i really enjoyed this stuff dude.

https://www.hleatherjackets.com/product/rip-wheeler-yellowstone-cotton-jacket/

k12peterson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for sharing us yours precious time to create this post, its so informative and the content make post more interesting. really appreciated.

https://www.jacketamerica.com/category/mens-outfit/mens-slim-fit-jacket/

knotty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

??? Uh---thanks?

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knotty:

You mentioned the Crank contest I created years ago. Its been so long I figured no one remembered hehe....

knotty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, Rams!! Yes, I remember reading the entries for that particular contest. I love panel art, and it was great checking out how the artists interpreted the scripts.

So....are ya gonna start it up again? I'll participate.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knotty said:

Hey, Rams!! Yes, I remember reading the entries for that particular contest. I love panel art, and it was great checking out how the artists interpreted the scripts.

So....are ya gonna start it up again? I'll participate.

I will let you know if I do.

I dont have the time at the moment and not sure going forward. I mean, I can get it going but dont have the time to participate like before. Working on a project presently.

It would be great if you did jump in , we rarely got many to test their skills and even less at the moment. I can attempt to bring it back every once in a while.

Its a great idea for artists wanting to expand to more than doing a splash page but we are really down to 2 or 3 at any given time joining in at the moment, thats why theres only one contest spotlighted at the moment. If we can get more participants I will start it back up.... I dont know if you know others that may join in, if you do, ask to see if they care to participate...

BTW, we used to find 1-3 images online as an example to inspire other creative types to join in the theme being chosen. I tried not make it too difficult so if we chose a character that was popular more artists would try and post their interpretation of that particular one being highlighted. Let me know what your thoughts are beyond this.

knotty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You just answered your own question: I think you should chose a character that is popular with posters for the "Crank" contest (a short poll, maybe?). That's why I drew Jean Grey for my entry because I love me some old-school X-Men. I noticed a lot of love for Superman here, too...

I don't think I know any artists who'd participate anymore. I'd ask some of my old Yahoo groups gang, but everyone there has moved on, too.

knotty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe this might be an idea for someone who likes drawing but doesnt like creating a whole page: I know I don't have the patience for doing the lettering, drawing sound effects, or drawing word balloons and panels, so I use Comic Life. You just drag and drop your illustrations into templates of your choice, and its free for thirty days. That's how I created the lettering for my contest entry.

steven232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks