RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RamsIllustrations
No Caption Provided

Ok, I am not joining in but decided to kick it off with my rendition.

Draw Superman, any redesign you want to go with.

Lets give it a 2 week window. If You need more time just say so, we can extend it.

Winner gets to choose and start the next topic or theme by choosing any character from the big 2 or smaller publishers.

The more popular the character, the possible more participants we may have.

Lets give this a whirl and see if this contest can take off and maintain.

I started it as a fresh start from 1.

EgoD can you please pin this?

August 28th the entries are due for a vote. :)

Good luck everyone!

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone with the intentions of entering and joining in, if you wanna at least let us know if you plan to. Trying to see how many talented individuals may want to try this.

frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And here.....we......go!

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And here.....we......go!

Yeah, hope you can join in, havent heard from anyone else so far. 2 are tentative

@blackdog2009@leem724 so hopefully they will jump in in time...

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't been active here for a few years, but happened to see you trying to reboot the contests and thought I'd show my support.

Here's a quick Superman redesign to kick things off:

No Caption Provided

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

:o
I should give this a shot.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izaiah: You should! :)

@payno:

Hey Payno, quality work as always! Thanks for getting this one rolling along. Nice to see both you and @frischdvh after sooo long.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Hey gang, I am a sucker for reunions so I figure I would throw a log on this flame. This forum is near and dear to my heart as it was such a tremendous outlet for me to be a better artist.

I can only hope there is a resurgence for a new artist to come and give this board a shot and grow as I did.

So here is my entry, I figured everyone would go Red/Blue classic Superman..I decided to go with an evil version, Enjoy!

No Caption Provided

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RamsIllustrations

@mrfuzzynutz:

Well done man, solid piece, glad you popped on here.

Yeah I was hoping for new artists but the old contributors are always welcome. Without any new artists I doubt this will survive. We, the older members just dont have the time anymore to keep this afloat.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e7a5c633643
deactivated-60e7a5c633643

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw this. Count me in. I've never been a big fan of Supes, but I haven't sketched any DC characters in almost a year. Worth a shot.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonspine:

Yeah looking forward to your entry. Im not either but I was actually in the middle of this one piece and decided why not? He needs a redesign anyways. Make him your very own.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsillustrations: I'm working on a piece as well, though some small extension of the time window would be helpful ?

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izaiah said:

@ramsillustrations: I'm working on a piece as well, though some small extension of the time window would be helpful ?

Done! I adjusted it to the 28th being next Wednesday here in the US. The more entries the merrier. Thanks for joining. Hope 2 more days is enough. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Called out of town on unexpected business Friday, but managed to sketch this on the go. It turned out darker than I initially intended, but I suppose that was unavoidable after a marathon of John Wick 3, Brightburn and the old 1970s Hammer films classic thriller The Horror Express. Keanu definitely influenced Clark's facial esthetics.

No Caption Provided

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonspine:

Well done you always have interesting take on things! This another good competition, thanks for getting this one in. :)

Mofetaclueca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, I did not have time to improvise something better

No Caption Provided
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18 EGoD  Moderator

Made some time to do something.

No Caption Provided

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mofetaclueca:

Too funny hehe, glad you are still around and posted another classic... :)

@egod:

Wasnt sure if you were joining, solid piece as always thanks for the contribution, this is turning out better than I expected with all the veterans so far....

Mofetaclueca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! Mine is mostly finished, but since I was last on here I have tried my hand at comp coloring. I just need to finish coloring it. It'll be up by the 28th!

BTW: Awesome work guys.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsillustrations: Much appreciated! And thanks again for taking the time to relaunch these contests. With so many distractions, it's hard to find time to draw...or even conceptualize. Any excuse to do what we love doing is a welcome challenge.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsillustrations: Much appreciated! And thanks again for taking the time to relaunch these contests. With so many distractions, it's hard to find time to draw...or even conceptualize. Any excuse to do what we love doing is a welcome challenge.

Yes definitely agree with you, life is busy. I was hoping to get some of us back with practicing their skill set but at the same time finding new talent which im sure comes by but we havent had much in the way of new participants and thats the key to keeping this alive. We will test it out for at least 3 contests and see if participation grows if it doesnt maybe a short break and try again. Play it by ear so to speak.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frischdvh:

Yeah man looking forward to your post, I wont start the voting until after you get yours in.

frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frischdvh:

Well how u doin? Solid work, has that Italian look to his face and pose. Good to see your styling grace the contests again!

Thanks man, I appreciate you getting it done and posted. Waiting on at least 1 more.

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27 EGoD  Moderator

@ramsillustrations: Wasn't sure myself, I haven't been drawing much, but inspiration struck.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LeeM724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Man digital painting is harder than I thought it would be and I hate everything about this artwork but I said I'd enter so here :D

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egod:

I am so glad it did. I hope the winner picks a more alluring choice on the next go round.

@izaiah:

Hey there I am glad I waited good entry. looking forward to more of your work.

@leem724: Yah digital isnt as easy as traditional artists make it out to be but once you get the hang of it it facilitates so many new ways to explore your creativity. Doesnt mean you stop traditional its just there to enhance your results.

Good piece man, specially trying something new, it will get easier.

Will be posting later tonight the voting for the entries. Hope we have a good turnout on voting. Maybe a weeks worth of time for that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of these look fantastic. Great job, everyone!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leem724 said:

Man digital painting is harder than I thought it would be and I hate everything about this artwork but I said I'd enter so here :D

I know how you feel. I bought a Wacom Cintiq 16 about six months ago that is still sitting in the corner of my living room, boxed and unopened. I keep telling myself that I'm going to use it, but whenever I get the urge to draw something, I always reach for the Staedtler or Uni mechanical pencil, Faber Castell PITT brush marker, and a sketchpad. Hard to break old habits. I do use Corel Painter to color the sketches, but I'm still not completely comfortable with the platform. I have vacation coming up next month. My plan is to really commit to learning the "new" technology...or bust.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonspine:

Hey man you did good, I own the 16 also. I use a suface-book tablet part for a lot of my work but I love the Wacom. If you want an easy layout with tons of tools and free with an email signup. I use Sketchbook pro with great pen sensitivity and tweaking.

If you want a fuller experience maybe Clip Studio is for you. I have both and most artists swear by Clip.

I just love Sketchbook myself and I like the layout way better. I have used Corel painter and maybe a newer version will give me the sensitivity I need but when I didnt get the results with the one I had I went back to sketchbook.

Whatever you use, happy drawing!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsillustrations:

Thanks! I have Clip Studio, and a year's subscription for Adobe (it was a gift), but I keep going back to Corel, since I've been working with their graphics platform for almost 10 years now. Further proof that familiarity just breeds a bunch of silly reasons for not progressing in my craft. Ha ha! For sure, the second week of my vacation will be spent cutting my teeth on Wacom and either Clip or Adobe -- or both.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers