Artist Show-Off 2.0 # 6 VOTING!

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

EGoD  Moderator

Poll Artist Show-Off 2.0 # 6 VOTING! (8 votes)

Blackdog2009 75%
Ramsillustrations 13%
Dragonspine 13%

Alright, here are the entries for the Hero or Villain / Sidekick Amalgam, all great pieces. Voting will run for a few days, names and character amaglams are listed below the images.

No Caption Provided

blackdog2009 - Booster Gold / Skeets

No Caption Provided

Ramsillustrations Joker / Harley Quinn

No Caption Provided

Dragonspine Icon / Rocket

• 
FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 222

Went with Blackdog's Booster/Skeets, but Icon/Rocket almost got me. Joker/Harley... it's a small thing, but I feel like it's missing the acid-squirting flower. ;)

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Went with Blackdog's Booster/Skeets, but Icon/Rocket almost got me. Joker/Harley... it's a small thing, but I feel like it's missing the acid-squirting flower. ;)

Im with you, good point. I just drew this out as a quickie when thought no one was entering.

Glad we got some posts. :)

I will keep that in mind next time if I draw her again in an amalgam theme.

Dragonspine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Appreciate the kind words. And I agree, Blackdog did an awesome job with both the concept and rendering of Booster Skeets. The name alone conveys powerful street cred. Let the villains beware! :)

Fragit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Good work all.

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonspine: @ramsillustrations: @blackdog2009: As with the Fan-Fic forum's contest, I often have to find the slightest thing to eliminate contestants, and that's what happened here. If you've ever seen the couple of <cough> "drawings" I've done here, you'll know that five-year olds look down on my efforts lol. I enjoy getting to vote on Artist Show-Off contests. Thanks for doing them. :)

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you all for the votes. Good stuff all around!

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RamsIllustrations

@ficopedia:

Hey there thanks for helping the process out. I just do not have the time anymore to really add to the entries I post.

Winning wasnt something that I needed to do when I joined years ago, it was the process of learning while practicing. So I used the art contests as my incentive. Im so glad I did.

When I enter now, I like the theme but importantly its to keep the contest alive. I hope someday another group will take over and follow with all the great pieces that people really put so much effort into as well as the efforts from the past.

There were some amazing art pieces that came before us, even before I joined and during when this was a participation of at least 10 to 20 artists that contributed from time to time. Not all at the same time but we would have turnouts of 5 to 10 at a time.

People move on but my hope is that some new artists will pick up were we left off and make it their thing too.

I just dont think enough people know we exist. Maybe a face-book page will get people alerted to these simple but effective incentives to draw.

I know from the huge leaps I made from my early entries to the way I draw now when I take my time that its mainly thanks to these challenges and for that im grateful.

No Caption Provided

I believe this was the first contest entry I posted. As you can see we used to at times really go all out with detail hehe.... Her crib with a 711 Slurpee and some tunes too boot ;P

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsillustrations: We're experiencing the same thing in Fan-Fic. For the most part, it's two or three people per contest, and it's been that way for a few years now. Occasionally we get more, but not very often. Heck, the last one, I forgot how far ahead of US Eastern time Australia is, and missed the deadline, so the OP won by default. First time that's happened in 94 contests. :)

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ficopedia: yeah, its sad. I know with billions of people and millions of artists around the world there are a handful that would enjoy this if they knew it was here...

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11 EGoD  Moderator

Time to bring the voting to a close. Congrats to @blackdog2009 for the win, next contest is all yours!

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: Congrats man! Good going! Looking forward to the next character idea....

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers