Artist Show-Off #155: AMALGAM RETURNS!

blancosombra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Once upon a time, in a land of more contests and artists, there was a wild contest full of wonder and weirdness. It's name was AMALGAM CONTEST.

No Caption Provided

Now, Amalgam Contest was not like other contests. Oh, no no no... Amalgam Contest was special indeed because it took two super special somethings, mashed them together, and thus made a thing more specially special. Twas a lot of special indeed.

Here's the deal: Merge any two characters (hero or villain) to make a new character. The two characters must be from different companies/prints (example: Batman & Jughead). And... that's pretty much it. You can pretty much mix whoever and however you want.

Need some inspiration? Check out the amazing art from the retired contest here HERE. You'll be happy you did!

WHAT?!? You want to submit more than one entry? Well... Go for it! Voting will be done by the entry, not the artist on this so feel free to submit more than once, you talented little maniac!

Deadline: July 1st(exactly 1 year since the last Amalgam Contest was posted)

@egod - Please pin? Pretty please?

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 EGoD  Moderator

@blancosombra lol since you said pretty please, I suppose I'll pin it for you (and not just cause it's a contest thread, well maybe).

Avatar image for deactivated-60e7a5c633643
deactivated-60e7a5c633643

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Guess I'll get this one started with a crossover that I always wished had happened back when I was an avid collector: Vampirella meets The X-men. Any one of the X-women would have worked here -- Storm, Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Rogue, and even the Scarlet Witch came to mind -- but I decided to go with Vampirella and Magik (Illyana Rasputin). I may circle back and submit one with Vampirella wielding the Soulsword and Illyana's dark armor if my schedule permits. In the meantime, enjoy Vamp'Illyana.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

Here's my amalgam entry. It's Jason Voorhees from Wildstorm comics Freddy vs Jason vs Ash comics mashed up with Image Comics The Maxx. I call him JAXX. Obviously. Hope you dig it.

No Caption Provided

I've actually done this mash-up a couple of times in the past. This is an original piece of work, but I feel like the characters are a natural mix for this kind of amalgamated design. You can see my other Sam Keith influenced Jason pieces HERE and HERE as well as THIS ONE from one of these contests so so long ago.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ARMIV2

I might actually have something for this...

blancosombra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saturday is coming up very quickly. 2 days left to get in on this!

frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By frischdvh
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Cabal of X:

Logan Chance: (Fate + Wolverine) Death

Logan Chance is the latest to inherit the mantle of Fate. Born in the 1800s, as a young man Logan came across the artifacts of Nabu on display at a museum in New York. He and his partner Victor Mordred robbed the display of gold and artifacts. Logan and Victor were blessed with immortality. They have since parted ways, Logan looking for redemption, and Victor looking for riches and fame. Logan has spent his life collecting and preserving arcane artifacts.

Lady Corvus: (Spectre + Phoenix) The Magician

Jean Corrigan was a criminal medical examiner for the Gotham Police Department. After testifying at the murder trial of Carmine Fisk, she was targeted for assassination. However, since birth she had been marked for something greater. She was kidnapped and thrown into the Gotham harbor. While life quickly escaped her body, the fires of vengeance ignited within her. She was reborn. A spirit of vengeance had possessed her, making a deal to save her life in exchange for becoming it’s avatar. She burst forth from the harbor, anew.

Brimstone: (Demon + Nightcrawler) Justice

Dr. Jason Wagner was a German born psychologist. Jason studied the occult as he investigated a connection between the arcane and mental illness. Curiosity got the better of him and he tried to open a portal to another dimension. After failing to set up the proper safeguards, he encountered an entity that violently attacked him. After he awoke, he heard a voice speaking to him. It was a demon who called himself Etrigan. He told Wagner he had taken possession of his body. That Wagner was his vessel on Earth. As long as Wagner played nice, he would not be harmed. The deal evolved over time and Jason shares his body with the demon in exchange for power, power he used as the adventurer Brimstone.

Thunderstrike: (Shazam + Cyclops) The Heirophant

The one true student imbued with the power of the Seven Thunders. Scott Batson was left on the doorstep of Xavier’s sanctuary after he had split with the Mystic Congress. He took it as a sign to begin teaching his replacement. Scott was an adept student, excelling in every way. Xavier thought he might be the prophesized Chosen One, but he was not. Loyal, determined, faithful and dutiful, Scott carries Xavier’s mission and is true to his dream as Thunderstrike.

The Ex-Man: (Wizard Shazam+ Deadman + Xavier) The Emperor

After the divide in the Mystic Congress, Xavier split with the world of magic and their Paradox Law. Xavier would only take one apprentice at a time. He would teach him from all realms of sorcery instead of one school. Even in our best plans, fate intervenes. Mr. Eclipse had Xavier struck down. Even in death his power has not abated. He has returned as a being of pure psychic energy. A bridge between the world of the living and the great beyond.

Tempest: (Zatanna + Storm) The Emperess

Ororo Zatanna was the daughter of the Head Magus of Africa. After being taught the ways of her people, she abandoned her place and left seeking fortune and fame. Both came to her in immense amounts. Luck seemed to be on her side. Then her father passed away without an heir. Her uncle took the throne and demanded that Ororo be hunted down and destroyed for her “betrayal”. Now Ororo must stay one step ahead of the storm. Ever vigilant, lest she be consumed by the fires of envy that only a Tempest can put out.

Belladonna: (Rogue + Nightshade) The Hermit

There are stories of witch doctors and voodoo priestesses down on the bayou. One had best be minding their ways lest you cross the wrong person. Take Eva Marie Eden for instance. A young girl, flirtatious, vibrant and free. Until the day came when she broke the heart of the son of Madame Xanadu. Her son, in a fit of despair, took his own life. She cursed Eva Marie to never be touched by love again, and to revel in the shadows of her despair. To that end, she can no longer touch another human being without absorbing their life force. She can also now wield the shadows as the deadly Belladonna.

Tarot: (Constantine + Gambit) The Fool

A man of mystery, prophesized to save us from the coming Armageddon, riding the coattails of fortune and fate is Remy Constantine. Growing up in the French Corner made him sensitive to the world of magic. Practice and time made him adept. Shuffled between worlds of Druids, technomancers, necromancers, warlocks and witches, Remy is the chosen one. Every sect of magic has their sights set on him. Now Remy must swim through this sea of Worldbreakers, psychics, clairvoyants,and diviners to find his path. To this end, he has sought out the man who turned his back on magic, The Sorcerian.

Monolith: (Swamp Thing + Colossus) Strength

Dr. Peter Holland was a marine biologist studying in the Florida Everglades when he ran afoul of a local drug cartel. They knocked him out and set fire to his lab. Peter awoke amidst the blaze and caught fire. He raninto the swamp to put it out. The result of the chemical firre and the mystical nature of the swamp transformed him into The Monolith!

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EGoD  Moderator

Finally got around to finishing this, wasn't sure I'd get it scanned (stupid computer issues)

No Caption Provided
Mofetaclueca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mofetaclueca

Ronthaal Sinestro, from the Accuser Corps, and Judge Klaus, from Gnome-City One.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

blancosombra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow! This one blew up overnight... love it! LOL

We're down to the final hours folks... post it if you got something!

dhiars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I know its late but im gonna try anyway here's Cyber Skull

Avatar image for deactivated-60e7a5c633643
deactivated-60e7a5c633643

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Power Girl and Captain America. Happy 4th of July, everyone!

blancosombra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ANNNND that's a wrap! Voting coming up soon!

Great efforts everyone!