Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Resonate

Wolfenstein says:

"Well, I'd like to post some Art of mine but I'm REALLY bad at it. Doe's anyone have any Artist tips to help me be a better Artist?"

Keep trying, and like what you draw. Without the natural talent that's all I can say, because I hate tracing

Wolfenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Wolfenstein

Well, I'd like to post some Art of mine but I'm REALLY bad at it. Doe's anyone have any Artist tips to help me be a better Artist?

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kuchiku

dunno

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Ms. Invisible

kuchiku says:

"dunno"

Then why do you post? Gosh!

Wolfenstein says:

"Well, I'd like to post some Art of mine but I'm REALLY bad at it. Doe's anyone have any Artist tips to help me be a better Artist?"

How do you know you're really "bad" at it? You should post some and see what people really think of your art.

Wolfenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wolfenstein

Alright, I'll SEE if I can post some art, It'll take time though.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Resonate

Ms. Invisible says:

"kuchiku says:
"dunno"
Then why do you post? Gosh! "

because she is being as brutally efficient as possible in getting posts so that no one will call her a n00b any more. That's what I think, but whatever

endlesone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By endlesone

initial tips i learned from my mom when i was little (she was an interior and architectural designer by trade) is try to picture whatever you want to draw in your mind, try to work out the details while your at it, try to use light pencils to roughen up your sketches, try to look at your favorite comic books artist or someone's art that you like and finally PRACTICE!!! PRACTICE!!! PRACTICE!!! >_< hope that helps

Opac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Opac

draw things you see everyday... even if its' a picture out of a comic book. draw one picture a day... throught time you'll get better... you should take art classes while youre in school to get theories on light, color, perception... the works. even 1 year of art can go a long way. try to get as much constructive critisism as possible... and kick those who are just rude... in the face. lets see... practice practice practice!!! art may be a gift to some people... but those people are called prodigeis, we have to work for what we got, and dont put yourself down so much. theres no such thing as a bad artist, just a begining on. good luck!

endlesone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By endlesone

Opac says:

"draw things you see everyday... even if its' a picture out of a comic book. draw one picture a day... throught time you'll get better... you should take art classes while youre in school to get theories on light, color, perception... the works. even 1 year of art can go a long way. try to get as much constructive critisism as possible... and kick those who are just rude... in the face. lets see... practice practice practice!!! art may be a gift to some people... but those people are called prodigeis, we have to work for what we got, and dont put yourself down so much. theres no such thing as a bad artist, just a begining on. good luck!"

couldn't have said it better

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Resonate

I always made sure that if it was the first time drawing a character that I looked at a picture of him while I did it, and kept erasing till' I got it right. After I drew him from a few angles I could draw him on my own from then on out. Just take it simple, and step by step, and move up. Gotta crawl before you walk, regardless of how boring it is. I started drawing when I was four, and I still know that I need plenty of practice before I try to draw a manga or anything.

Keep at it, because Everyone can draw, regardless of what they think.

Avatar image for blue_lantern_2814
Blue Lantern 2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

And be sure to doodle a lot. I spend half of my time in school doodling. Be sure to sketch stuff out, don't just try to draw it unless you're really good.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Resonate

Blue Lantern 2814 says:

" I spend half of my time in school doodling."

Time well spent.

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

Yeah, practice is so important. focusing on different parts, like hands, eyes, lip, and so on is a good way to practice too, giving yourself time to focus on certain areas helps hone skills too. Drawing from pictures is a great idea, taking the time to study lines and shadowing. I had a really great art teacher in highschool that told me to get darker pencils to create darker tones in a portrait, I listened to her and I have people tell me my pencil portrait drawings almost look alive. That's taken many many many years to perfect too. Don't ever get discouraged. Everyone has a different style you need to find yours.

Crimson Orchid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Crimson Orchid

This is how I learned to draw:

Take a magazine and pick out a picture you like.

Study the form, movement, planes and textures in the picture.

Start drawing. It'll be crappy the first few tries but keep drawing it. Eventually you'll get it.