• 60 results
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Typhenstein

Good evening everyone! I just thought I would take this time to post some of my artwork for feedback. All comments are welcomed good and bad. For those of you who might not know anything about me my name is Brian,more well known as TypH around the web/comic book world. I am a published indie horror comic book artist and freelance artist in general. I mainly do horror artwork but I have been known to do superhero and cartoon artwork(actually doing cartoon and superhero stuff right now haha) I am one of the lead artist for Mississauga Indie based comic  book company called, McHozer Comics. I am the artist for the Deadmen & Poodleskirts series issues 1 & 2(comming soon!) it's a horror anthology series. I also have artwork in Jesus Hates Zombies Vol2, a pin-up in UK Horror based magazine Murky Depths and artwork in issue 666 of Bloke's Tomb Of Horror(comming soon!)   

right now I am working on pieces based off of Batman,Sonic The Hedge Hog and, Super Mario...I hope you all like the stuff so far if you want to see more and you have a facebook account(who doesn't these days) you can check out my Art Of TypH fan page at: 

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507886965&sk=info#!/pages/Art-Of-TypH/139885726039427  

Dracula(Bela Lugosi) Pencils
Dracula(Bela Lugosi) Pencils

Dracula(Bela Lugosi) Inks
Dracula(Bela Lugosi) Inks

SAW pencils
SAW pencils

SAW inks
SAW inks

Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Typhenstein

Still trying to work out the bugs on posting things, I had a whole list of images set to show but they wouldn't show up,and I'm now stuck on the "Insert Photo" section on how they show the images. Is there any easy way to upload the images from my Photobucket account?

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By tonis
@TypH said:
" Still trying to work out the bugs on posting things, I had a whole list of images set to show but they wouldn't show up,and I'm now stuck on the "Insert Photo" section on how they show the images. Is there any easy way to upload the images from my Photobucket account? "
Hey TypH, nice work. Big horror fan too. 
You probably won't have an easy time moving images directly from bucket, but as long as you got them somewhere and eventually upload to your images profile here they will get checked out ;)
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Typhenstein
@tonis said:
" @TypH said:
" Still trying to work out the bugs on posting things, I had a whole list of images set to show but they wouldn't show up,and I'm now stuck on the "Insert Photo" section on how they show the images. Is there any easy way to upload the images from my Photobucket account? "
Hey TypH, nice work. Big horror fan too. You probably won't have an easy time moving images directly from bucket, but as long as you got them somewhere and eventually upload to your images profile here they will get checked out ;) "

Thanks Tonis,cool to see a feelow horror fan! glad you like my stuff, i'm looking into creating a Flickr account,just dial up is very slow so haha! hope to have more uploaded soon once I get the bugs worked out on this!
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Typhenstein

Chucky Pencils
Chucky Pencils

Chucky Inks
Chucky Inks

I Finally found a way to post the images better!!! woot go me! haha...now just have to re-upload everything again for the 3rd time haha...crap
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tonis
@TypH: there you go, that's the shiznit. 
Wouldn't be slashing anything properly without a nice Chucky tribute. Nice job :) 
did you do the inks as well?
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Typhenstein
@tonis:
Thanks man, glad you like the Chucky tribute piece! and yes I did, I ink all my own work, would love to colour my own stuff to but my coloring skills arn't that great haha.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tonis
@TypH said:
" @tonis: Thanks man, glad you like the Chucky tribute piece! and yes I did, I ink all my own work, would love to colour my own stuff to but my coloring skills arn't that great haha. "
seems pencilers are from mars and colorers are apparently from venus. 
Good thing about here is you'll find lot's of people practicing both should you ever seek more shades ;)
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Typhenstein
@tonis said:
" @TypH said:
" @tonis: Thanks man, glad you like the Chucky tribute piece! and yes I did, I ink all my own work, would love to colour my own stuff to but my coloring skills arn't that great haha. "
seems pencilers are from mars and colorers are apparently from venus. Good thing about here is you'll find lot's of people practicing both should you ever seek more shades ;) "

haha yea that does seem to be true haha, I wish I was good at everything but oh well haha!
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tonis
@TypH said:
" @tonis said:
" @TypH said:
seems pencilers are from mars and colorers are apparently from venus. Good thing about here is you'll find lot's of people practicing both should you ever seek more shades ;) "
haha yea that does seem to be true haha, I wish I was good at everything but oh well haha! "
ahh, if you were good at everything then nothing would really be any fun. I think as long as your good at one thing you've got the key to contentment :)
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Typhenstein

here is some more artwork for everyone to see, hope you like it so far folks!

Love At First Fright Pencils
Love At First Fright Pencils

Love At First Fright Inks
Love At First Fright Inks

Night Of The Living Dead 1968 Pencils
Night Of The Living Dead 1968 Pencils

Night Of The Living Dead 1968 Inks
Night Of The Living Dead 1968 Inks

Nightmare On Elmstreet
Nightmare On Elmstreet

Nightmare On Elmstreet(Inks)
Nightmare On Elmstreet(Inks)
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Typhenstein
@tonis said:
" @TypH said:
" @tonis said:
" @TypH said:
haha yea that does seem to be true haha, I wish I was good at everything but oh well haha! "
ahh, if you were good at everything then nothing would really be any fun. I think as long as your good at one thing you've got the key to contentment :) "

Yeah I gues your right there, i'll just stick to drawing pencils and inks and to the odd writing stuff:),thats always alot of fun!
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tonis
@TypH: good move, stick to the fun stuff and it'll just come out naturally :) 
Wow, those new images, I was thinking how cool the skin techniques your doing look and then I hit Freddy and was floored. Now that's some great horror art. 
Takes me back to the EC books of the 50's. Some of my most favorite of stories and art.
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Typhenstein
@tonis:  yeah I just gotta work more on the basics in my art human figures and learn not to rush the early sutff haha...really glad to see you like my horror stuff alot! I loved the old EC books from the 50's they were awesome! the new Tales From The Crypt is a little depressing to look at seeing it's ment for kids,but oh well, now onto putting my horror art touch into a Batman piece :D wish me luck haha.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tonis
@TypH said:
" @tonis:  yeah I just gotta work more on the basics in my art human figures and learn not to rush the early sutff haha...really glad to see you like my horror stuff alot! I loved the old EC books from the 50's they were awesome! the new Tales From The Crypt is a little depressing to look at seeing it's ment for kids,but oh well, now onto putting my horror art touch into a Batman piece :D wish me luck haha. "
sadly they will never hit that golden age feeling with horror that they had before whats his name pushed them to implement the comic code. Those were the days. 
I really don't agree with the mentality that something like Tales belongs in anything kid related. They REALLY should put it back on HBO like they did in the 80's and make it for the adults who can remember and appreciate it for where it came from. 

I know what you mean about teaching yourself not to rush things out, in the process of training myself on that fact too. Good luck on the Batman, good place to inject horror for sure. Looking forward to the results :)
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Typhenstein
@tonis:
Yeah I know it's very sad, and I feel the same way you do man! I would love it if they made the new TFTC for mature readers and I would love to see the old show back on HBO but thats never gonna happen so it's pretty sad,but at least they have it on DVD lol. 

Oh thats cool...are you a artist too than? and thanks i'll try my best to make it a killer batman piece!
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tonis
@TypH said:
" @tonis: Yeah I know it's very sad, and I feel the same way you do man! I would love it if they made the new TFTC for mature readers and I would love to see the old show back on HBO but thats never gonna happen so it's pretty sad,but at least they have it on DVD lol.  Oh thats cool...are you a artist too than? and thanks i'll try my best to make it a killer batman piece! "
yea, thank God for reruns and torrents otherwise I'd never get a good horror fix anymore.
I'm a 3D artist, can't draw to save my life, but I do know how to walk and chew gum while designing up a model and creating a scene :)
GODofART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By GODofART
@TypH: Very iconic artwork, good job
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Typhenstein
@tonis: haha yeah I know what you mean, but I have dial up so i don't download much of anything from torrents lol, and thats pretty cool man, do you ever post any of your stuff on here for everyone too see?
@GODofART:
Thanks man, glad to see you like my iconic horror artwork!
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tonis
@TypH said:
" @tonis: haha yeah I know what you mean, but I have dial up so i don't download much of anything from torrents lol, and thats pretty cool man, do you ever post any of your stuff on here for everyone too see?
@GODofART: Thanks man, glad to see you like my iconic horror artwork! "
ah I remember the pains of dial up, feel for ya.
yea I post my stuff into my images gallery and sometimes enter into the contests in the artists forum.  I don't make much impact on the voting community but the contests themselves are a lotta fun regardless :) 
during Oct we did have some cool horror themes, these were two that got the itch out a little for me:
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Typhenstein
@tonis:
yeah,but hopefully when I move into Ottawa,I will have higspeed or something better to us,even though not moving there till like June but oh well,it'll be worth the wait haha, and those are pretty cool, I love the second piece it's awesome! The first one is really great too! Hollow man in the first one is a nice touch!
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tonis
@TypH said:
" @tonis: yeah,but hopefully when I move into Ottawa,I will have higspeed or something better to us,even though not moving there till like June but oh well,it'll be worth the wait haha, and those are pretty cool, I love the second piece it's awesome! The first one is really great too! Hollow man in the first one is a nice touch! "
yea in Canada you'll get wired up pretty nice, they got good bandwidth up there. 
Thx on the pieces, the first was kind of a tribute to all those old EC horror books back in the 50's, man did I love how they did those. 
The second was just pure mayhem for one of the battle contests where they pitted Jason vs the Super Friends. Figured it'd be crazy watching Zan and Jaynas heads explode :)
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Typhenstein
@tonis: yeah I can't wait to get into the city,seeing I live in the country now and dial up sucks ass haha, I love the old EC horror comics and CREEPY was pretty good too, they don't make them like that anymore. Yeah they are both really fun pieces to look at,you did a great job with them!  

heres some more artwork to check out folks! hope you enjoy it! right now I am working on some commissioned John Carpenters Halloween artwork and doing up a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic page trying to keep it as close to the old cartoon as possible so keep your eyes out for those!

Flyboy Dawn of The Dead
Flyboy Dawn of The Dead

Art Of TypH 2009/2010 banner
Art Of TypH 2009/2010 banner

Spawn vs Superman
Spawn vs Superman

Batman:The Death Of Robin!
Batman:The Death Of Robin!
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By tonis
@TypH: I can definitely see your style doing the turtles old school very well. Looking forward to it. 
as for these new ones I'm in horror heaven even with the heroes. Robins brain going pop is just MAXIMUM impact :) 
Really great renditions of each character.
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Typhenstein
@tonis:  Thanks man for the kind words! I'm hoping to do the Turtles some justice,always loved the old school cartoon and video games! Really glad to see you like the superhero stuff also!, yeah at first robin wasn't even in the piece and then I was thinking something was missing and then I added him into it and I think it just helps the piece all together! Personally I think Two-Face looks the best out of them all:D
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By tonis
@TypH said:
" @tonis:  Thanks man for the kind words! I'm hoping to do the Turtles some justice,always loved the old school cartoon and video games! Really glad to see you like the superhero stuff also!, yeah at first robin wasn't even in the piece and then I was thinking something was missing and then I added him into it and I think it just helps the piece all together! Personally I think Two-Face looks the best out of them all:D "
Yea I followed the turtles faithfully in their B&W days.

Good move with Robin, it did finish the flow perfect. Two-face looks authentic, and oh so scarred. 
For me it would be a tough pick between Joker and Penguin. The facial expressions are so perfect on these two they could define the character to one not familiar with them. :)
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Typhenstein
@tonis:
Yeah I worked pretty hard and spent a good amount of time just on two face scarred side of the face to make it look just right. For the joker and Penguin I just tried to image what looks they would have for facial expressions and I think they are pretty common ones that they would have. I put a good amount of time into facial expressions. 

heres some new stuff to check out!

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tonis
@TypH: facial expressions are HUGE impact skills worthy of mastering. It defines the great artists style. Smart move, and well done, the hard work shows. 

I REALLY love seeing the turtles in B&W rendered like that, it just takes me back to their best times. 
You know that third image reminds me of this comic I used to love from the 70's called PLOP! 
There was a LOT of crazy trippy beautifully intricate creatures in that very much like yours.
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Typhenstein
@tonis:
Yeah doing facial expressions takes alot of time to master to your own style.but it's a pretty fun process sometimes and other times it can be stressful to get it right haha. 

The third image is called "Tell Me No More Lies" I came up with the sketch randomly on a boring sunday afternoon it's about a person telling to many lies and the demons start taking over his body, I was bored haha.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By tonis
@TypH said:
" @tonis: Yeah doing facial expressions takes alot of time to master to your own style.but it's a pretty fun process sometimes and other times it can be stressful to get it right haha.  The third image is called "Tell Me No More Lies" I came up with the sketch randomly on a boring sunday afternoon it's about a person telling to many lies and the demons start taking over his body, I was bored haha. "
lol, know what you mean. I've been trying to include a lot more emotions on my recent pieces as they're part of a storyline and require a lot of them. Finding myself more stressed stretching and pulling facial parts than the characters I'm using. 

Man, if that's what you do when you're bored, you should BE BORED MORE OFTEN :) 
It's even cooler looking at it now with that background, love that concept. Would make a great short story in a horror book.
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Typhenstein

@tonis:
yeah they can take alot of work to make a good facial expression but in the end they are well worth it thats for sure. 

haha thanks man, I don't know what made me think of the idea at the time but I just created it and let the pencil and pen do the work haha. Maybe I will put it into a short mini comic somtime who knows:) 

right now i'm doing a Simpsons Treehouse Of Horror sampler on Jack the Ripper.    
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Typhenstein

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tonis
@TypH: really starting to show that diversity across the genres my friend, looking great. The Simpsons came out fantastic. 
Also a nice treat with Toy Story, and one can never get enough of Michael Myers :)
Methias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Methias

Very nice stuff, looks like your style would transfer well to tattoos

Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Typhenstein
@tonis: thanks man, I always try to do a little bit of everything haha. Glad to see you liked the Simpson piece alot,I have page 2 planned for it next among alot of other things haha. I'll post the toy story piece again once I finished adding all the detail and shading to it, it's just in the main process right now so. 

@Methias: thank you very much for the kind words!, I have actually done a few tattoo designs in the past, and i'm planning on doing my own tattoo designs too so :)
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Typhenstein

Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By Achilles.

You really have a thing for horror movies huh?

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By tonis
@Achilles. said:
"You really have a thing for horror movies huh? "

that he does, without a doubt :) 

Hey, you finally got a crypt keeper in there TypH, fanfriggintastic my friend!!! 
That makes me wanna go dig up all my EC books.
Avatar image for carradinebatman
Carradinebatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Carradinebatman

Wow so many artist here.

Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mumbles

your into horror...nice work. simpsons look pretty good. nice shading on your work.

Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Typhenstein
@Mumbles:  yes I am into horror haha, glad you like my work. Glad too see you like my shading and my simpson piece:)
@Carradinebatman:  thanks =),glad you like my stuff!
 @tonis:  Thanks buddy! glad to see you like the crypt keeper piece and you should def dig up your old EC comics from the cypt,they are some of the best horror comics of all time!
@Achilles.:
haha yes I am, watched my first horror movie Night of The Living Dead 1968 when I was 5 and been hooked ever since. 

Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Typhenstein

new TMNT sampler comic page, hope you like it folks!
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By tonis
@TypH: hehe, I did actually dig a few up just to get a quick fix. 
Now I'm gonna have to jump to the 80's box and bust out all the old school B&W turtles cause you got me reminiscing on the critter dayz :) 
You really do them much justice.
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Typhenstein
@tonis said:
@Achilles. said:
"You really have a thing for horror movies huh? "
that he does, without a doubt :)  Hey, you finally got a crypt keeper in there TypH, fanfriggintastic my friend!!! That makes me wanna go dig up all my EC books.

haha yep I sure am into horror movies Achilles, I've actually been watching them since I was five haha, haha thanks Tonis glad to see you like my Crypt Keeper piece alot, he's one of my all time favourites!, I still need to try and get all the old EC books at some point and time haha. 

@Mumbles, thank you very much glad to see you like my simpson piece alot, i've always been a huge simpson fan and I really love there Treehouse Of Horror series so it was a no brainer to do some art based off of that.
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Typhenstein

i'm back! haha, haven't posted here in awhile, been super busy keeping everything else up to date, and dial up is just a pain in my ass so haha, but i'm going to try posting more stuff and coming around more too! so here's some new artwork for all you fine folks to check out! hope you guys dig it all! 

Movie tribute for the beautiful Bride Of Frankenstein!
Movie tribute for the beautiful Bride Of Frankenstein!
Herman Munster!
Herman Munster!
Capt' America Sketch
Capt' America Sketch
Grandpa Munster!
Grandpa Munster!
Lance Henriksen From NEARK DARK(1987)
Lance Henriksen From NEARK DARK(1987)
Frankenstein!
Frankenstein!
M.S. Feather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By M.S. Feather

Love that Herman!  I swear half the reason that show was so amusing was because of his facial expressions. ^^

Incredible job on the lighting effect on old Frankie too!

Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Typhenstein

here's some more images for some of you good folks to see, not really anything new superhero related but there are some new animal/tattoo related pieces, so hopefully you folks will like all the pieces I have posted, more superhero stuff coming soon I promise!:D

spidey and goblin
spidey and goblin
spidey
spidey
sid haig
sid haig
The Dark Knight Joker
The Dark Knight Joker
ironmn1
ironmn1
ironman2
ironman2
mother and father
mother and father
sailor jerry inks tribute
sailor jerry inks tribute
sailor jerry colour tribute
sailor jerry colour tribute
No Caption Provided
red eyed tree frog
red eyed tree frog
humming birds
humming birds
evil owl
evil owl
dino girl
dino girl
blue jay
blue jay
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Typhenstein
No Caption Provided

Here's the work in progress for my Sentry contest image, i'm not trying to stray away to much from the original idea, I still have a ton of work to do and i'll make the costume changes darker and more detailed so everyone can see it better, I kind of wanted to give him the new FF look/dark lanterns minus the dead effect, im using a world war hulk vs Sentry image as reference, but in this one i'm planning on having him fighting a Red Hulk. I still have a good 4 hours at minimum to work on this piece, I shall have it done soon hopefully! hope you all like it so far!

M.S. Feather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#49  Edited By M.S. Feather
@TypH said:

sid haig
sid haig

Haha...clown business.

That owl piece is absolutely amazing by the way. :O
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Typhenstein

@M.S. Feather: gotta love the clowns, I gotta do up a IT:Pennywise The Clown sketch card at some point and time. Glad you like the owl piece a lot, it's going to take me awhile to finish haha it's on a 14 x 17 sheet but there's just so many little detail i want to add and a ton of blacks and shading to, but it'll be killer once it's done I think haha.