• 76 results
Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

07/02 - Sketch #68

So this week is Star Craft 2 week and we move onto Zerg race and this is the lovely Ultralisk. Although it's a really fun unit and fun to draw. It's such a ridiculous unit. The design is insane. It's got like 6 mandibles-claw things. I giant protective skull. Tons of pointy things and tiny head. I'm surprised this thing walks....how does it even eat??? What does it eat cuz it's huge.

No Caption Provided

@rulerofthisuniverse: Thanks for the encouraging words!

@themanintheshoe: Thanks! Do you draw as well? Oh and these are all pencil sketches I do. ;)

GODofART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By GODofART

@arinya said:

06/26 - Sketch #64

Tom Waits - Invitation to the Blues. Oh the delicious tragedy that Waits weaves in his songs. Most of you probably don't know Tom Waits or even listen to the blue but this song will crush your heart and fill you eyes with the deep sorrows of life through the words of Tom Waits.

No Caption Provided

@godofart: LOL. Nice but I'd like to think that Dr. Claw was actually Nanny from the Muppets Babies. Think about it.

Man- your on a whole 'nother level dude! ..Wow!

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Arinya

07/03 - Sketch #69

High Templars! I hate these stoopid units! I spend all my time making Marines and Marauders and then this jerk comes along and storms my entire army! Then I have to start all over again! But it is satisfying to snipe these little twerps one by one.

No Caption Provided

@godofart: LOL...you're welcome. XD

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#54 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@arinya: Oooh I really like this latest one! :) Love this thread ^_^

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Arinya

07/08 - Sketch #70

It's Mecha week! Tetsujin 28-go is kicking off this week's theme! I don't know how much of you guys watch anime or read manga but mecha is a big deal. You know like Evangelion or Gundam. Well Tetsujin or Gigantor is the one that started it all off back in 1956. My dad I used to watch this black and white cartoon on video. In fact anime was a really big part of my life growing up. Lots of Battleship Yamoto and Robotech playing on the TV when I was little.

No Caption Provided

@bumpyboo: Thanks! I'm glad someone is enjoying it. I'm really getting alot out of doing these everyday....well close to everyday. LOL...I get way to busy on the weekends.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#56  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@arinya: You're very welcome, you already have a nice little showcase here, it is impressive how regularly you are posting new ones :)

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Arinya

07/09 - Sketch #71

In the states they switched Mazinger Z to Tranzor Z. And Tranzor Z was so freaking cool growing up. This kid would fly in this tiny red craft that would land in Tranzor Z's head so he could control it. I think it was the most cleaver thing! In alot of the mecha anime you could never really tell where the cockpit was and you'd forget about the character controlling the robot. But in Tranzor you could always see the kid! The other great thing about it was his arms would blast off like rockets! In fact I think that was a big deal in all the episodes. He had other robot buddies and one being a girl robot with other *ahem* projectiles she would shoot. Hilarious!

No Caption Provided

@bumpyboo: Thanks again. You are too sweet. I gotta keep going. Don't wanna stop!

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This is probably the best thread on Artist Show-Off. Thanks for sharing your awesome work!

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

07/10 - Sketch #72

Giant Mecha genre was getting old but then Evangelion turned it all around and made me appreciate the genre and classical music. When you think of Mecha you picture giant beefy robots shooting laser and missiles from oversized guns from outer space. Evangelion was different. The giant mechs were human like bio mechanical giants that would wreck the Japanese country side. It's a beautiful anime with great psychological mommy, daddy issues and religious undertones. It's a great anime worth checking out. I haven't seen it in years actually...wonder if it's on Netflix?

No Caption Provided

@rulerofthisuniverse: Oh wow. Thanks! Very encouraging of you to say.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

You're really talented.

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

07/10 - Sketch #72

Freakin Voltron! I loved this so much as a little kid. My dad got me the entire set. It was so heavy with alot of metal parts. Horrible toy for a kid. I wish my dad never let me play with it but how can a child resist playing with 5 lion mechs that merge together to form a huge robot?!?! It's impossible!!!

No Caption Provided

@themanintheshoe: Thanks. You are too kind. What is your avatar by the way. It looks like a Tron outfit.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#62  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

@arinya: Many people wonder. It's because the character isn't that well known yet. It's Manifold, a teleporting mutant who is currently an Avenger.

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

07/12 - Sketch #73

Macross or as it's know in the states Robotech was the sci-fi, soap-opera, anime that me and my dad watched together. Many fond memories. This fueled my desire for comics and art.

No Caption Provided

@themanintheshoe: Oh yeah I know Manifold but yeah obvious not well enough.

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Arinya

07/14 - Sketch #75

Just got home from watching Pacific Rim and I had to sketch this scene. The movie was so much fun! I don't think I've had this much fun watching a movie since Avengers. Anyone else check this out? The kid in me was all smiles the whole time!

No Caption Provided

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really cool Pacific Rim drawing! The Kaiju looks great and I love the perspective drawing of the ship (the little details in the ship dragging against the ground are really well done). I haven't seen the film yet (I really want to) but I still recognize this from the commercial. Keep up the amazing work!

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Arinya

07/15 - Sketch #76

Busy day but I made time for Dr. Doom! There's alot I like about his character design but does he still wear his green tunic in the most recent stories? I don't think I've read anything recent with him in it.

No Caption Provided

@rulerofthisuniverse: Thanks for noticing the details. Always say it's the details that make your drawings look alive. I drew that sketch late at night as I was falling asleep dreaming of Kaijus!

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arinya said:

07/14 - Sketch #75

Just got home from watching

Pacific Rim

and I had to sketch this scene. The movie was so much fun! I don't think I've had this much fun watching a movie since Avengers. Anyone else check this out? The kid in me was all smiles the whole time!

No Caption Provided

Frikkin' YES.

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

07/16 - Sketch #77

Dr. Nemesis! Just recently I've meet him through X-Force and the Cable book he is in. Interesting guy. Fought Super Nazis! Must do great check ups and give out the best flu vaccines! You gotta love his new costume too.

No Caption Provided

@armiv2: LOL...I was quietly saying that under my breath during the whole movie.

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Arinya

07/17 - Sketch #78

Doc Ock! So how do you feel about Superior Spider-Man? I just feel like it's days are numbered. Inevitably Peter Parker is gonna find a way back into his body. On the other hand I don't regularly read Spider-Man but the handful of Superior that I've read I've enjoyed.

No Caption Provided

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arinya: Great Doc Ock! I'll bump this so you can continue (unless you don't want to, I'm not forcing you to do anything, if that sounded a bit rude, but this is probably the best thread on Artist Show-Off, you have some crazy talent).

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

07/18 - Sketch #79

Dr. Manhattan! If my doctor looked like this then I would be much more inclined to work out and get in shape. Of course I'd be worried about him destroying me because I'm a burden to society.

No Caption Provided

@rulerofthisuniverse: Oh man thanks! I was worried I would not be able to post today! Thanks! I have to figure out the blog thing. How do I make it post in this forum? Does each entry post a new thread or can I keep updating the same thread? It would be cool to just change this thread into a blog post.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arinya: I think the only way to do that would be to make a new blog post and continue your sketches there. Unless a mod has the ability to change it into a blog post, but I'm not sure if they can.

And great Dr. Manhattan! I'm not sure if I'd be worried that he'd kill me because I'm a burden to society, or creeped out because he's naked.

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

07/21 - Sketch #80

Dr. Abraham Cornelius! I meant to post this on Friday but I've had a really busy weekend that started on Friday. He is also a clue for next week's theme. I'm sure you can guess it.

No Caption Provided

@rulerofthisuniverse: I need to figure out the blog thing. I'll just be sad that I'll lose all these posts. Oh well....

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Arinya

07/22 - Sketch #81

Weapon X! It was this story that made me a really big fan of Wolverine. It was a big metaphor about life and society for me. I really think it's even more applicable now more than ever. Society and technology can bring out the worst in humanity. Programing us what to think and do. We have to struggle to control our imperfections that are provoked by the world we live in. But like Logan we struggle to stay in control day to day often with a heavy heart or overwhelming feeling of pain. I think that's why alot of people love the character. We all have a part of ourselves we are not proud of and we strive to control the beast.

No Caption Provided

jamesalexs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jamesalexs
FACILIYATSI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By FACILIYATSI

@bumpyboo said:

@arinya:

Such a cool thread idea, and I love your art, https://filezilla.software/https://downloader.vip/malwarebytes/https://downloader.vip/rufus/ I think your wife was onto something getting you that sketch journal! Very wise woman indeed, this is brilliant stuff :D Cannot wait to see more ^__^

Hola. My wife got me a sketch journal so I could get back into drawing and it's been working! I take about 20 minutes a day and do a sketch. I've made it to day 50 and I wanted to start sharing them here! Hope you enjoy and I really hope I can get some advice so I can improve on my long forgotten skill!