ARE THERE ENOUGH ARTISTS OUT THERE ON THIS FORUM? Contests?

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RamsIllustrations

I see traffic and I am curious if theres enough guys/gals to start another run for contests?

Thought maybe if there where 4 to 6 regular artists at different levels that would want to participate.

This was a forum for young artists for the most part that wanted to hone their skills and be pitted against a few challengers.

Its been a few years and I wanted to see if beginners to intermediates of all ages wanted to participate and bring "The Artists Show-Off" contest back.

The artist that wins the last go round gets to pick the new challenge (character).

It was fun when we did 1 of our favorite DC or Marvel character in a pin up and the community gets to choose the one they favor. Whoever gets the most votes starts the next go round.

If we have enough participants maybe we can give this a go. I will try and keep this topic bumped until theres enough artistically inclined individuals that like to hold a pen or pencil.

Rules are pretty laxed. Just have fun....

I dont have the time to join but maybe some of you have some spare moments to participate.

Join the conversation here and lets see if this can be a go....

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm all for it.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#8 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Been wondering the same thing. This place used to have such a community.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo:

Hey There Boo, yes I agree. They are out there. A crop of younger artists but maybe havent come across this forum. The ones that were here obviously got older and life took them in different directions. Hopefully by keeping this at the top for a while more artists will jump on board. Im going to wait until the fall and see if maybe when everybody goes back to school we can start 1 contest and see how many contribute. I think the Artist Showoff with a relatable character everyone wants to draw will maybe help to get the ball rolling. If it doesnt then maybe next year again.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 EGoD  Moderator

I don't see anything wrong with restarting the contest, they were always fun. We just need enough participants.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egod:

Yeah Bud, its just like the last time it was tried hardly anyone entered and then I believe the winner just disappeared and it just ended up in a dead end. If we have a few enthusiastic artists on board then maybe it will work but no one is joining in in this conversation to compete with blackdog2009. I also try and keep in mind that this at times, is the slowest time for the contests. Hopefully by having this up on the top of the thread within a couple of months we might see a few turnouts to return to an active contest. Im looking forward to seeing some new skills on here.

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13 EGoD  Moderator

I'll pin this, see if we get any interest from new artists.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egod:

Really good idea thanks man. :)

LeeM724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to participate in a contest. Been so busy with school these last few years though. I used to post in the Draw One Ask One thread all the time but now I rarely have time :(

I'd love to participate if a new contest was made though :D

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leem724:

I will get one going and have EGoD pin it. Give me a few days to get to it. We covered many good characters already but being that its a possible fresh start, any of the ones already posted I am sure can be used again. When I post I will let you both know so at least you can have a 2 week head start. Hopefully 1 or 2 others will give it a try. School year is starting for many and thats when we saw a jump in participants in the past so hopefully the same will happen again.

LeeM724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egod: Can you pin the new contest please. Should I start off from the last Showoff or begin at 1. I restarted it at 1 but can change if you think thats best.

New SHOWOFF CONTEST

@leem724: @blackdog2009: Do your Magic and let the contest begin!

Mrnoitaull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been waiting for the contests to come back.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been waiting for the contests to come back.

Its not as multi at the same time like it was but we had to start somewhere. Hope you join in with the next one...

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, could be nice and fun.