Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RamsIllustrations

I'm working on a drawing that has a small Batmobile somewhere on the page. I don't get a chance to draw cars often so I figured I would post and see if you guys and gals have some feed back on the look I have so far. Let me know, I know we all have an opinion and I would appreciate yours. :)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

colors done on my phone

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Pretty cool.

Avatar image for sistergrimm2099
SisterGrimm2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 EGoD  Moderator

Well done. I've been fiddling with a Batmobile design for the last couple of months and man is it hard drawing a vehicle, getting those lines right and whatnot. Since you're asking about feedback, the only thing I really notice about your car is the side mirror, and the back right window seem off slightly.

Is this an original design? I know Batman's had dozens and dozens of cars over the years so its hard to keep track. Very cool creation if it's an original.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RamsIllustrations

@theexile285: @sistergrimm2099:

Thank you, greatly appreciate the positive comments.

@egod:

Thanks man, I am drawing a sequential page and I inserted the Batmobile in the background. Just thought it would add to the page. This was on the fly without references, just thought to myself what would look cool to me. I don't get to draw cars very often, if ever and thought it would be good practice to try. I ended up liking it and enlarged and defined it a bit and wondered what others had to say.

Yes maybe I need to tilt the mirror inward and you are right I had noticed that back window. I believe one is curved a bit higher than the other but thanks for pointing it out. Glad you liked it.

When I have some time, I may try a side view and front view to get a better idea what the whole car would look like. :)

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The front left wheel looks a bit off. It looks as if the car is turning a corner but the road looks straight from the picture shown.

But great work, especially just off your head without reference.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RamsIllustrations

@redxiii18881990:

Hey there thanks. Yeah it is parked, it's actually parked in the Bat Cave in the original drawing. I enlarged the actual design of just the car and inked it. Then added some background detail. It wasn't supposed to be a finished drawing just a penciled one. I liked it enough that my curiosity pushed me to define it better.

I meant to cut and paste it angled across the winding road as opposed to how I left it where it can be interpreted as possibly moving. I'm glad you mentioned it because even if its still a semi completed drawing I should either not add background detail or make sure it depicts the correct setting to make it flow before posting it. When I get a chance I will play around with my original idea and see what it looks like and maybe I will post it. Off the top of my head was easy doing it once but trying to redraw it from side and front may be more of a challenge.

Thanks for pointing it out.

No Caption Provided

@egod super rough but it kinda has the essence of the original drawing. Not sure what the hell I'm doing. :p

No Caption Provided

a little more streamlined

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hella rad.

bennyq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points