lorkalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lorkalt

Hi friends , 
so here is the amalgam that I am chosing , Superman and Kratos , God of War. 
Contest ends April 16th 2011. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MarvelJackAss433

uh...interesting...

Avatar image for omegathedestroyer
OmegaTheDestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OmegaTheDestroyer

I really wish I could draw cause this is a very interesting and i already have ideas spinning in my head

Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MarvelJackAss433

I imagine Kratos with hair,cape,and a big "S".I think i might try this....

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By The Lobster

No Caption Provided
This is the best I can do at this moment, I would have put more time into it but I got a busy couple of weeks so this is the best I can hand in at the moment.
soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By soundbite

it's a good start Sandy Claws
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tonis
@soundbite said:
" it's a good start Sandy Claws "
lol, I was scrolling back to see who sandy was till it hit me, good one :) 

@The Lobster : very good for setting up the stage, damn, you and Dom blow me away with these speed feats. Amazing.
The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The Lobster
@tonis said:
@The Lobster : very good for setting up the stage, damn, you and Dom blow me away with these speed feats. Amazing. "
I would take longer but I'm always working or at school. I'm going to get a break so hopefully the next contest I enter I can actually put a good weeks work into.
Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Achilles.
@The Lobster : I was thinking the exact same thing
The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The Lobster
@Achilles. said:
" @The Lobster : I was thinking the exact same thing "
Great minds think alike I guess.
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

what would be his powers I wonder?
soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By soundbite
@EGoD:
well, this was pretty much my idea, so I think I'm going to leave this costume alone or I have to think outside of the box and I'm too tired.  Great work as per usual!
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EGoD  Moderator
@soundbite:
Well I can say, great minds think alike since you're not Tonis (ha ha ha just kidding!).  That's actually the first thing that popped in to my head so I just went with it.
Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GrandSymbiote94
@EGoD:
I like how you made he shin gaurds have a S on them
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EGoD  Moderator
@GrandSymbiote94:
That's not the only thing I did in that drawing, besides the obvious S tattoo ;)
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tonis
@EGoD said:
" @GrandSymbiote94: That's not the only thing I did in that drawing, besides the obvious S tattoo ;) "
I know I like seeing great minds work if that counts :) 
hehe, I'm trying to decipher the writing on the sword.
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By EGoD  Moderator
@tonis said:
" @EGoD said:
" @GrandSymbiote94: That's not the only thing I did in that drawing, besides the obvious S tattoo ;) "
I know I like seeing great minds work if that counts :) hehe, I'm trying to decipher the writing on the sword. "

Well I hope you have your Kryptonian dictionary handy, I'm not sure if all of it came through that well in the scan though
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tonis
@EGoD said:
" @tonis said:
" @EGoD said:
I know I like seeing great minds work if that counts :) hehe, I'm trying to decipher the writing on the sword. "
Well I hope you have your Kryptonian dictionary handy, I'm not sure if all of it came through that well in the scan though "
well I did study Krytonise secretly through high school by hiding my comics behind their books. 
I'm gonna just guess and stab at it... SUPERMAN. 
Awesome job going that much into the details my friend, very impressive :)
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EGoD  Moderator
@tonis said:
" @EGoD said:
" @tonis said:
" @EGoD said:
Well I hope you have your Kryptonian dictionary handy, I'm not sure if all of it came through that well in the scan though "
well I did study Krytonise secretly through high school by hiding my comics behind their books. I'm gonna just guess and stab at it... SUPERMAN. Awesome job going that much into the details my friend, very impressive :) "

Yes, it does spell SUPERMAN.  It's funny I'm on yahoo beta talking with a friend and I said that I knew you'd notice the runes on the weapon and probably be the one to figure it out, I guess I have to take back my previous comment about you not having a great mind, lol. 
Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

I really wish my art could be put onlins... i need a scanner!
soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By soundbite
@EGoD said:
"@soundbite: Well I can say, great minds think alike since you're not Tonis (ha ha ha just kidding!).  That's actually the first thing that popped in to my head so I just went with it. "

yeah, I had downloaded my Kryptonian font and everything, but I was going to put it on the "skirt" part instead.  Oh well, I'm going to see if I can come up with something different. 
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tonis
@Doctor!!!!! said:

" I really wish my art could be put onlins... i need a scanner! "

Know the frustration. 
A decent digital cam or phone with a little imaging crop can also do the job in a pinch ;) 

@soundbite said:
" @EGoD said:
"@soundbite: Well I can say, great minds think alike since you're not Tonis (ha ha ha just kidding!).  That's actually the first thing that popped in to my head so I just went with it. "
yeah, I had downloaded my Kryptonian font and everything, but I was going to put it on the "skirt" part instead.  Oh well, I'm going to see if I can come up with something different.  "
Different or same I'm more than sure you'll own it.
Just be careful, once EGoD knows you understand Krytonian he'll start bugging you to find out Kara's number, I'm sure of it :)
Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

Finally! I keep missing the deadlines that is why I have been M.I.A these past few challenges. But I have plenty of time and plenty of ideas...IT'S ON!!

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tonis
@Mrfuzzynutz said:
" Finally! I keep missing the deadlines that is why I have been M.I.A these past few challenges. But I have plenty of time and plenty of ideas...IT'S ON!! "
I've had a few deadlines sneak up on me too, know the pain all too well. 
Can't wait to see what you whip up on this mix, and if you got anything from March that you wanna show off throw it in the March Artist Showcase, still got about 13 hours to get something in. 
Would love to see your work in there. :)
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EGoD  Moderator
@soundbite said:
" @EGoD said:
yeah, I had downloaded my Kryptonian font and everything, but I was going to put it on the "skirt" part instead.  Oh well, I'm going to see if I can come up with something different.  "
Different or same I'm more than sure you'll own it.Just be careful, once EGoD knows you understand Krytonian he'll start bugging you to find out Kara's number, I'm sure of it :) "

LOL! I don't need to speak Kryptonian to get her number, she gives it out for free, at least to me she did.
Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

OK...bear with me. I am not a writer due to my typos and grammatical mistakes. I just have good ideas, but not always able to put them to paper. So this is my entry....hope you like it 

Born the son of  a philosopher and a teacher, The man once known as KAL-TOS had the soul of a warrior. He grew to become the bravest and fiercest warrior of the city of Krypton 
Kal lead the soldiers of Krypton on numerous raids and battles and was victorious time and time again. His legend would reach far distant lands and  
many a  warlord would test their mettle against him in mortal combat.  He was soon given the name the Super Man

Until 22nd year of birth his estranged father tried to warn Kal of a great disaster that will befall the mighty city of Krypton. Drunk off of youthful bravado and battle tested confidence, he did not  
listen to his father's warning . He thought his father to be weak and disowned his family. A few months later Kal faced his greatest foe in General Zod and his merciless forces 

Zod and his horde cut a path through the soldiers of Kyrpton and Kal found himself beaten and near defeat by the hands of Zod himself
Kal has battled many battles and murdered and slaughtered many in the name of Krypton. he has conquered and he bathed in the blood of his enemies 

But on this day Kal would do the first of three thing he has yet to do..Beg 
and with that he called out to the God of Evil and Pain 
"Mighty Darkseid, I have served you faithfully all these years, Please grant me the strength to continue to serve in your name, Darkseid Is!!!" 

Hearing his words Darkseid spoke to kal 
"What you ask comes with a price, to ask to become a true Son of Apokolips will cost tolls you may not wish to pay" 
"I will do anything, I will not be defeated today, in your name grant me the power!" 

With that, Kal was transformed into a harbinger of death and doom to be the herald of Darkseid's will and might 
Kal felt power he never knew exsisted and he quickly turned on Zod and his forces 

But in his bloodlust Kal did not see that the once great metropolis of Kyrpton was being destroyed 
with every blow Kal landed it was as if he himself was creating the demise of his homeland. 

Every citizen's soul was captured by Darkseid, building crumbeld and destroyed, all was wiped away. 

Kal looked on in disgust and finally the guilt of what he caused set in. 
"The price has been fulfilled mortal, but for your weakness you must bear the burden of your shame" 

With that the souls of the lost kryptonians swirled around Kal 
painfully fusing themselves to his skin, burning into his very being 

Kal performed the second of three acts not known to him , he cried out in pain 
And when the Maelstorm of agony was finished 
Kal was reborn, where once a bronzed skin young man stood, only a ghostly white skinned Ghost of Krypton remained  
Kal looked to his hands to see 2 large glowing blue blades were fused to his skin 

rise Ghost of Krypton Darkseid commanded
rise my God of War 

And Kal felt the third and last emotion he has never experienced before this day 
Kal cried...

No Caption Provided
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tonis
@Mrfuzzynutz: whew-wee, a most epic tale and equally visual. Well done :)
Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz
@tonis: Thanks my friend. I rushed a few things on his one, but I think the overall look nd concept is sound. If I had to do it again I would tweak a few things, like making the kryptonian lettering on his belt more pronounced and  
say something else perhaps. if nothing else EGOD beat me to the punch and I didn't notice it until I had posted it ( sweet work by the way...as always! 
And I would make the blades green as they would be made from Fragments of the lost city of Krypton and it would make more sense then the blue I went with 

So I am thinking we may revisit this character one day...Kal-tos vs Lobo anyone?
soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By soundbite

MFN- yeah, that one's pretty sweet.
Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Achilles.

"The time will come when I am going to die but Death will have to wait"
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tonis

Just managed to squeak this one out after getting all my data restored. Had an armor that I've been dieing to use and this seemed to fit the criteria.

Kra-El - Kratos/Superman Amalgamation

Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Achilles.
@tonis said:
" Just managed to squeak this one out after getting all my data restored. Had an armor that I've been dieing to use and this seemed to fit the criteria.

"
Damn!!! That pretty much says it all...
lorkalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lorkalt

Hi friends , if you do not mind , I will end this contest on Monday April 18 , ok ? I had a problem at work and could not finish this art .
Thanks and keep posting .