DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By DavidR
@Caligula: 

Actually, being that this was a minor issue before it became something stupidly bigger than what it is. These contests are for fun and that was ruined in this one. I don't think u did anything wrong in pointing it out. Several people including myself tried to be reasonable with him. I think his point is very thinly veiled for disqualifying Spawndon. It's become about him and u. 

There is no worthwhile reason to not accept the guys drawing. He put time and effort into it. In the real world of contests with real winnings, I can see there is lot's at stake but this is about practice. He takes it toooo seriously. ( As he likes to tell everyone " My Contest" )

In the contest  in which I was in charge of. I had someone draw just a Wolverine, when I specifically said he had to be in a military uniform. It was no big deal and he got his art displayed.

I do not have anything against Lt ,other than a little selfish ego thing he's got going and that he likes to be right and refuses to budge even if its no big deal. Oh and the judgemental part is a little rough since he himself has not really proved what he can do in the raw with, pencil, pen and ink without copying.
 By no means am I saying he is not talented but I don't really know how much he knows about anatomy and something other than manipulating copy and pasting on Photoshop. Only one picture that I remember in his images, shows a body and face drawn by someone other than what he normaly presents as his.  Even the one he won to be in charge of this contest, the hand was very small and puny to be considered hero status. If someone else had drawn it he would have pointed it out.

Through all of this u "Caligula" have maintained ur point without calling him names. He on the other hand I believe called u an Animal and being in America I did not appreciate the comment he made about this country. There is a lot of great and good people here and what some of our leaders and few idiots that live here portray to the world should not be used to judge the rest of us. 

All in all I think he has made some people rethink their voting and  participating. At one point this contest brought out more artists contributions including myself and I think he was doing great by the turnout. He encouraged everyone to join and participate and just as well tore a lot, if not all down by being overly critical on rules he did not state at the beginning of this thread.

There is a grey area in all of this and he chooses only black and white for everyone else and manipulates the grey for himself.  As I said Lt, nothing against u as a person, other than behavior that u express in these forums at times and if u cannot see that then there is no point in continuing this anymore.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#102  Edited By Caligula
@DavidR: thank you.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Caligula
@elfabulosomicho said:
" I think we should scratch off this contest and have LT make a brand new one, because I think whatever the outcome it will be biased. "
I agree, we need a clean slate.
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By DavidR
@Caligula: 

Hey, I was inspired on my entry.... Oh well Caligula that just means it will take me longer to catch up if I have to redraw another. Actually everyone should vote just as to who's art is the one they like... Oh, that's what they are supposed to do in voting....Duuuhhh!   :)
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Caligula
@DavidR said:
" @Caligula:   Hey, I was inspired on my entry.... Oh well Caligula that just means it will take me longer to catch up if I have to redraw another. Actually everyone should vote just as to who's art is the one they like... Oh, that's what they are supposed to do in voting....Duuuhhh!   :) "
well I agree. but I'd also rather not risk, anyone who wins being doubted or called unworthy do to this back and forth. But yeah this was a great contest, and I think every entry is deserving.
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By DavidR
@Caligula: 

Yes but it's just for fun and to me not worth starting over. As always another will begin right after and to do so is redundant to me regardless of who wins. It will only hurt someone that really takes this seriously if they were to lose. I think we all should be adult enough not to take it to heart.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Caligula
@DavidR: much agreed good sir.
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By DavidR
@Caligula: 

Actually it would be really funny if Spawndon were to win in absentia, if his drawing wasn't included in the voting thread. Hehehe
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Caligula
@DavidR: not if he didn't deserve it. No one should ever vote out of bias. 

All I want is for everyone to have an equal and fair chance at winning, and LT seems to disagree with me on that. why I will never understand.
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By DavidR
@Caligula: 

I didn't say it would be fair, I just said I would find it funny after all that happened over this issue...   : )   I told u I find humor in dark subjects or silly things...
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By LT1085
@Caligula said: 

"  @LT1085 said: 

" @Caligula: Obviously they are not part of mean machine or sabretooth they are representations of them amalgamated together, which is the point.   @ ALL  Since nobody wants to read but everyone wants to complain; What does everyone say about me just disqualifying everyone and letting someone else start over with a new amalgam?     "

dude chill, no one wants that. you started a great contest with a lot of great entries. what everyone is upset about is your hateful actions towards a perfectly legit entry. "

@LT1085  said: 

@Caligula:  Obviously they are not part of mean machine or sabretooth they are representations of them amalgamated together, which is the point.   @ ALL  Since nobody wants to read but everyone wants to complain; What does everyone say about me just disqualifying everyone and letting someone else start over with a new amalgam?     "

dude chill, no one wants that. you started a great contest with a lot of great entries. what everyone is upset about is your hateful actions towards a perfectly legit entry. "

@Caligula said:

" @elfabulosomicho said:

" I think we should scratch off this contest and have LT make a brand new one, because I think whatever the outcome it will be biased. "

I agree, we need a clean slate. "
Contradicting yourself a little here aren't you? I already suggested this.  I'm clearly not going to get a single vote since I've been tarred and feathered, so I don't really care...What's it going to be guys? 
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By LT1085
@DavidR said:
" @Caligula: 

Actually it would be really funny if Spawndon were to win in absentia, if his drawing wasn't included in the voting thread. Hehehe "
That is definitely going to happen now. What a f@#$in' mess. 
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By DavidR
@LT1085: 

Aaaahh, the dark one rises from his slumber.... JK

To retry this contest I would be surprised at the amount of entries. I thought u did well to get the ones that did this time around...
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By LT1085
@DavidR: Ya thanks, that's all out the window now. I'm the new Hitler apparently. Branded.
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By DavidR
@LT1085: 

Wait, wait, hold that pose, hooooooold on tight it's gonna hurt!!! Zzzzzssssssssttttt. There u go! A big capital H, right on the right cheek!

Doesn't look that bad, u can cover it up with some foundation, pants will work too...  : )
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Caligula
@LT1085: no one ever called you hitler. you are taking this way too personal. All i have ever been getting at is that spawndon and his entry deserve the same respect and chance to win that everyone else has. I certainly don't think you are hitler or a bad guy. I think you just take these contests far too seriously.
I'll be the first to apologize, if you think I was attacking you. but I swear I was not.
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By DavidR
@Caligula: 

Actually, the Hitler reference comes from me, I called him that a while back. He's just pointing to what I said... It was a joke at the time.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Caligula
@DavidR: oh.
rlmay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#119  Edited By rlmay3

I'm not taking sides here. This is a legitimate question, with no snark implied. 

Basing off the reaction to the debated drawing, creating an image that falls into a specific style of illustrating/cartooning (in this case, an anime style) equals disqualification?

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By DavidR
@rlmay3:@emptytomb: 

Yes but you need to state that at the beginning of the contest. If you do not specify, then the entry should be allowed to post, it's only fair. Style or minor differences should not exclude an entry if there was no disclaimer in advance. This is about the practice you get when entering these, not about how strict the rules are. This is meant to be fun and laid-back...
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By DavidR
@emptytomb: 

That's why everyone jumped in to make the point. Lt has the choice to rightfully decide what he wants in his contest. At the same time it needs to be very clear so as not to bump an artist that put time and effort into his piece and have him suffer for it. Lt is not wrong in choosing what he wants but needed to clarify prior to an entry instead of after it was posted.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By LT1085

Just wait for the sh!tstorm when he starts getting all kinds of phantom votes and the voting thread gets ruined tomorrow...

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By DavidR
@LT1085: 

Actually Bud, I am not going to vote that way because of what happened on this contest. I liked his entry but I saw good things in others including yours and the high impact colors u used. I believe in being fair. I do not always choose the one that everyone thinks is the stand out. It has to grab me in a certain way. I also do not choose for the underdog just because it's the underdog. It has to deserve the merit and If in some weird way it pulls me, that's how I will choose. There are times that I want to choose more than one and it's not always because a piece is the most refined or polished. It's what it does for me on the inside. I hope that everyone is fair with u and does not vote out of spite. Your piece deserves high merit.
frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By frischdvh

@rlmay3:
No, Spawndon did not state that he infused Naruto with Mean Machine and Sabretooth. LT inferred it. 

@emptytomb:  
There are the general rules, none of which state that there is a limit to the sort of medium or style that the entry may be presented in.  
The holder of the contest can then apply his own rules at the point of the creation of the contest. These can pertain to medium, colroing, style, added backstory what have you, but they are to be applied at the beginning of the contest. 

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By LT1085