DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By DavidR
@LT1085:   

Hey don't take this the wrong way but I found myself in a situation in the contest I was running and I wanted to be fair to the younger guys who had no access to CGI. I didn't have a disclaimer and fair is fair. You did not specify and u did say no limits as to what tools to use, I think his entry works other than the hair and type of style is just a preference.
 To each his own but everyone has their opinions, obviously...
BTW, this is just  contest and nothing is riding on it. No one loses a main prize so to me it's no biggie, it's all in light fun...

ssejllenrad     @LT1085:  Dude are 3d artworks allowed? Or is this strictly traditional?

LT1085   @ssejllenrad: :)...no limits
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By LT1085

@DavidR said:

" @LT1085:   

Hey don't take this the wrong way but I found myself in a situation in the contest I was running and I wanted to be fair to the younger guys who had no access to CGI. I didn't have a disclaimer and fair is fair. You did not specify and u did say no limits as to what tools to use, I think his entry works other than the hair and type of style is just a preference.
 To each his own but everyone has their opinions, obviously...
BTW, this is just  contest and nothing is riding on it. No one loses a main prize so to me it's no biggie, it's all in light fun...

ssejllenrad     @LT1085:  Dude are 3d artworks allowed? Or is this strictly traditional?

LT1085   @ssejllenrad: :)...no limits "

We were talking about the medium, not the content. Caligula is throwing a tantrum because I'm not blowing kisses and hugging teddy bears. I would love  @spawndon to submit a new piece of art, the rules are in the OP NOTHING more, NOTHING less. Why is that so complicated for everyone? It's an amalgam, not draw whatever you feel like...If that is what they want to do, then I suggest submitting their art to another thread that isn't a specific subject. 

I want THIS: 

50%  50%

NOT THIS: 

5%  5%  90%

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By DavidR

Yes but my point is medium or not u did not specify on styling, as with my contest I did not specify medium, so he has the right to submit the styling he chooses and other than that, it really is no big deal, next time it falls on ur shoulders as well as mine if I ever win another, to specify with a disclaimer...

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By LT1085
@DavidR: While I am not a fan of the style, that is not my problem with his submission. But you are right that every little thing should be stated even if it seems obvious in my eyes. Thank you for being rational. However after this contest I don't think I will be winning anything and I don't know if I'm interested myself anymore. Why even call it a contest if it has none of the characteristics of a competition?
Fennewalde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Fennewalde

@LT1085:
That was an obnoxiously low class move.  

While I still remain the worlds number one anime hater, you don't bash their art when they submit it to your contest. That's just rude. You secretly encourage them to continue their style so that artists who don't draw anime can get real paying jobs. But you don't bash them.  

If you haven't noticed, this isn't the premier art league of the internet. If you have some kind of personal standards for what is and isn't good enough for your ridiculous contest, take it to concept art.

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By LT1085
@Fennewalde:
Why can't you people read before you post? I didn't disqualify him because of the style of art. I disqualified him because the contest is meanmachine+sabretooth, NOT unrelated future alien arm + super sayain ninja + slightly long thumb nail. 
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#57  Edited By Caligula
@LT1085: he did draw the Amalgam you asked for.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By LT1085
@Caligula:  Move on.
Avatar image for cuttingedgekomix
CuttingEdgeKomix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By CuttingEdgeKomix
@LT1085:  I get that you are seeing it that he did not follow your rules for this contest but ... 

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8d/Dark_claw.jpg

see how the mask and claws look nothing like they would normally? but when mixed  they blend with each other. That is how I see his "unrelated future alien arm"   
As far as the ninja gear  

here is a pic of 'ol sabes as a ninja so really whats the prob?       

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Caligula
@CuttingEdgeKomix: I wonder if I can find that toy on Amazon or E-Bay. it looks pretty sweet. and I'm a Sabretooth collector.
CuttingEdgeKomix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Caligula
@CuttingEdgeKomix: thanks man, I'm buying it!
CuttingEdgeKomix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By CuttingEdgeKomix
@Caligula:

Well at least I've done my good deed for the day then.
frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By frischdvh

If Spawndon is DQ'd for using sources outside of the scope of the contest to create his final image, would that not also bring into question the sources from photo manipulated art? If the sources were not strictly of Sabretooth and/or Mean Machine Angel, then the same restrictions would have to apply, correct?
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By LT1085
@FrischDVH said:
" If Spawndon is DQ'd for using sources outside of the scope of the contest to create his final image, would that not also bring into question the sources from photo manipulated art? If the sources were not strictly of Sabretooth and/or Mean Machine Angel, then the same restrictions would have to apply, correct? "

Its not the the medium it's the content.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Caligula
@LT1085 said:
" @FrischDVH said:
" If Spawndon is DQ'd for using sources outside of the scope of the contest to create his final image, would that not also bring into question the sources from photo manipulated art? If the sources were not strictly of Sabretooth and/or Mean Machine Angel, then the same restrictions would have to apply, correct? "

Its not the the medium it's the content.

"
he did not say it's the medium. he is referring to the Ninja content. and obviously you don't understand that the things you used in your image are not part of Mean Machine or Victor either.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By LT1085
@Caligula: Obviously they are not part of mean machine or sabretooth they are representations of them amalgamated together, which is the point.  

@ ALL 
 Since nobody wants to read but everyone wants to complain; What does everyone say about me just disqualifying everyone and letting someone else start over with a new amalgam?    
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Caligula

No Caption Provided
@LT1085: where did the wood come from, this supposed to be mean machine and sabretooth, not the mean machine, sabretooth and the tree's from lord of the rings.

like wise where did the lazer light come from, I didn't know terminator was involved.

I think you need to make a new entry.

see what i did there, it's exactly what you are doing to spawndon.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Caligula
@LT1085 said:
" @Caligula: Obviously they are not part of mean machine or sabretooth they are representations of them amalgamated together, which is the point.   @ ALL  Since nobody wants to read but everyone wants to complain; What does everyone say about me just disqualifying everyone and letting someone else start over with a new amalgam?     "
dude chill, no one wants that. you started a great contest with a lot of great entries. what everyone is upset about is your hateful actions towards a perfectly legit entry.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By LT1085
@Caligula: My actions were not hateful, that would imply my feeling hat towards the poster. That is not the case at all. @Caligula said:
"
No Caption Provided
@LT1085: where did the wood come from, this supposed to be mean machine and sabretooth, not the mean machine, sabretooth and the tree's from lord of the rings.  like wise where did the lazer light come from, I didn't know terminator was involved.  I think you need to make a new entry.  see what i did there, it's exactly what you are doing to spawndon. "
That isn't wood, it is a stitched together rag/mask that i did from scratch and it does fit because Mean-machine has a very hills have eyes vibe and him and the rest of his family dress in rags and scraps so that fits. Laser sights are not futuristic. Nice try though. If he was on a skateboard or something I might agree with you. 
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Caligula
@LT1085:  did not say laser sights are futuristic. I am pointing out the fact that mean machine's gun does not have them though.
and since when did this become Mean Machine/Sabretooth/Hills Have Eyes/Trees from LOTOR? (cause it still looks like wood)

create a new entry.

you did respond hatefully to him. by insulting his art. you really need to learn how to grow up, and stop treating others with such disdain and disrespect.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ssejllenrad

Holy crap what just happened here? Suddenly this is like a battle thread... And not of characters but viners! 

@LT1085: C'mon mate... Just be a compassionate chap and allow him to enter. In the end, the people's vote will be the one deciding anyway... We know you're nice guy... Give him a chance... Even just this once... Ummmm. Pretty please?

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By LT1085
@ssejllenrad: I was SO CLOSE to do that after reading your post...but then I saw Caligula's post right before yours and decided not to. 
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By LT1085
@Caligula:  " Hey nice effort but Naruto or dragonball has nothing to do with this thread...I don't think it would be completely outlandish to ask if you could make a new submission amalgamating only the two characters in this contest, otherwise it is just a naruto fan pic. I really appreciate the effort and I definitely want to see a new one that counts for this contest. This one is disqualified though. Hurry back...Somebody translate this for me into nice guy, please." 

How is this hateful and insulting his art? YOU need to grow up. Ssejllenrad just about convinced me to retract the DQ, but you've just ruined that. Now Spawndon can thank you for that.  
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Caligula
@LT1085 said:
" @ssejllenrad: I was SO CLOSE to do that after reading your post...but then I saw Caligula's post right before yours and decided not to.  "
so i am your master now, your decider then, you make no sense.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By LT1085
@Caligula said:
" @LT1085 said:
" @ssejllenrad: I was SO CLOSE to do that after reading your post...but then I saw Caligula's post right before yours and decided not to.  "
so i am your master now, your decider then, you make no sense. "
Nope, you just changed my mind, that's all. Good work, Sport.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Caligula
@LT1085 said:
" @Caligula:  " Hey nice effort but Naruto or dragonball has nothing to do with this thread...I don't think it would be completely outlandish to ask if you could make a new submission amalgamating only the two characters in this contest, otherwise it is just a naruto fan pic. I really appreciate the effort and I definitely want to see a new one that counts for this contest. This one is disqualified though. Hurry back...Somebody translate this for me into nice guy, please." 

How is this hateful and insulting his art? YOU need to grow up. Ssejllenrad just about convinced me to retract the DQ, but you've just ruined that. Now Spawndon can thank you for that.   "
how do i control your actions, im more powerful than i thought :D
Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#78  Edited By Agent Buttons

:)

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By End_Boss

This does not speak well of the Comic Vine community. You guys realize there's nothing actually at stake here, right? That it's a "just for funzies" kinda' thing?

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By LT1085
@End_Boss:  They disqualified me in my first attempt here. So I accepted it and made a new one.  I'm just continuing the trend. Caligula is an animal.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Caligula

I vote that Spawndon should be allowed to join.

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By LT1085
@Caligula said:
" I vote that Spawndon should be allowed to join. "
I second that vote...with a new creation ofcourse.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By End_Boss
@Caligula:  @LT1085: I guess I just don't understand why you fellas are getting so worked up about this. As I understand it, events like this are supposed to bring the community together, not tear them apart via vehement and petty debate. Still, I suppose it's your right to do so if you really want to sink your time and energy into it. Carry on!
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By LT1085

Yeah, also...GODDAMN this is a popular art thread! Almost 1000 views and nearly 100 comments! lol

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Caligula
@End_Boss: im not arguing with him anymore. I just don't see why spawndon was dq'ed. like you mentioned before these contests are for fun, why bar some one over a ninja outfit?
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By LT1085
@Caligula: You honestly can't understand why I would disqualify his entry? Obviously you are trying to prove a point. I'll run my threads how I want to, and you run yours how you want to; How does that sound?  When you don't understand something you don't yell at it, that is why the Americans have such a bad reputation....well, partially...ANYWAYS, If you can quote me on what I said that was so hateful (without editing) I would be glad to set straight any misconceptions in my wording. Maybe I got this way of thinking because of Amalgam #26.
Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#87  Edited By Theodore
@LT1085 said:
" @ssejllenrad: :)...no limits "
enough said. let the poor guy's entry stay in. Anyways I vote for DavidR.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By LT1085
@Theodore said:

" @LT1085 said:

enough said. let the poor guy's entry stay in. Anyways I vote for DavidR. "
Its not the the medium it's the content. DavidR is awesome but if you are voting for him regardless of what he posts then you are useless.
Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Theodore
@LT1085 said:
" @Theodore said:

" @LT1085 said:

Its not the the medium it's the content. DavidR is awesome but if you are voting for him regardless of what he posts then you are useless. F*ck I need to take a sensitivity class...lol    "
Whats wrong with DavidR's entry? I thought it looked awesome, which is why I voted for it.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By LT1085
@Theodore said:
" @LT1085 said:
" @Theodore said:

" @LT1085 said:

Its not the the medium it's the content. DavidR is awesome but if you are voting for him regardless of what he posts then you are useless. F*ck I need to take a sensitivity class...lol    "
Whats wrong with DavidR's entry? I thought it looked awesome, which is why I voted for it. "
There is nothing wrong with his entry, I think it is awesome. You are doing what everyone else is doing and not reading what I am writing. I'm just saying that uncompromising bias is not welcome. Also, this is not a voting thread.
Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Theodore
@LT1085: fair enough, I forgot that there were separate voting threads. Also I read though every post.
Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I wish I could draw to enter this as I'm a little disapointed at the lack of entries after Spawndon's. 
I think he did a great job in the anime style and did not , personly, see a problem with it, but on the other hand after seeing LT's reasoning I can't argue to much (specialy since I'm not even entering). 
I also don't read either anime or 2000AD (more finacial than anything) so I didn't catch the reference to the other characters LT did, I just saw Sabertooth and the other guy in anime style. 

@Spawndon: I would love to see something else by you as well.
frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By frischdvh

I read exactly what you wrote. Mean machine does not have a gun on his arm, sight or not. So the gun had to be imported from a 3rd source. Therefore, by your own rules, you are DQ'd.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_Machine_Angel 

"Its not the medium, its the content" your words, not mine.  

Your content exceeds the boundaries of the contest. In fact, so does mine, since I gave him a tail and niether Mean Machine or Sabretooth have a tail. 

So, I respectfully withdraw my entrant into the contest since I didn't follow the rules. I thank the Comicvine forum for their support, and hope to see you in other contests. Thank You.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Caligula
@FrischDVH:  Don't withdraw Frisch, yours was my favorite so far :(
emptytomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By emptytomb

I agree with LT1085. Spawndown didn't follow the rules so he should be disqualified. why should LT1085 or anyone else have to follow the rules if others don't. Yeah he used different charactersn but they were used to create the amaglam,mean machine angel and sabertooth which was the goal of this contest not something else. There are people who would actually vote for spawndon  just because he didn't follow the rules.

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By LT1085
@emptytomb said:
"

I agree with LT1085. Spawndown didn't follow the rules so he should be disqualified. why should LT1085 or anyone else have to follow the rules if others don't. Yeah he used different charactersn but they were used to create the amaglam,mean machine angel and sabertooth which was the goal of this contest not something else. There are people who would actually vote for spawndon  just because he didn't follow the rules.

"
You are my new favorite.
spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#97  Edited By spawndon
@Donovan Montgomery:@Caligula: 
Thanks to both of you for backing me up. Never in hell did I think that a simple creation would spark up such a huge discussion. 
i just did fusion style drawing( see Christopher Hart drawing books for reference). I'm having net connection problems so I won't be able to reply for a few days. Don't mind. Thank you for seeing that I did nothing wrong with creating my entry.
@LT1085:
Hello Sir. With all due respect, I would like to point out a few things to you:
1. I never did amalgamate any DragonBallZ or Naruto characters
2. It is obvious that you know little of "fusion style" drawing. It's quite different from manga.
3. That combining a new element into the amalgam is not a wrong thing to do( you might be speaking of the sword, shurikens, pyjamas and hair)
4. DQing me does not change the fact that you are very strictly traditional and see margins very narrowly.

That's all. I won't be able to reply in time for net connection problems. So do not consider my absence as an insult.

Thank you - Spawndon.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By LT1085
@spawndon: I couldn't take back your disqualification at this point anyways. After Caligula's tirade there are a large number of people that would vote for your submission either to spite me or back the underdog. If you get your connection problems figured out I'd love it if you could submit a new entry (now that you understand my terms). Thanks for not freaking out. Don't listen to the words Caligula is trying to put into my mouth; There was nothing hateful or malicious about my actions. 
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Caligula
@LT1085: so now you think everyone is out to spite you?
you are paranoid. 

I believe the Comicvine Community is above, spite, and intelligent enough to vote for picture they like, rather than vote of spite.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By LT1085
@Caligula said:
" @LT1085: so now you think everyone is out to spite you? you are paranoid.   I believe the Comicvine Community is above, spite, and intelligent enough to vote for picture they like, rather than vote of spite. "
You're not running for office you don't need to lie to appease the masses.