Amalgam Contest #115 The Shadow and Hellboy

Bries84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay the last one didn't do so hot so hopefully this one gets more action. This Amalgam pairs up The Shadow and Hellboy. Put these two together to create a new and awesome character. Deadline for entries will be Sunday May 8th by 11:59 PM CST.

@bumpyboo@egod@shatterstar please pin, thank you,

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 EGoD  Moderator

Pinned! Interesting mash up.

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EGoD  Moderator

Okay I thought I'd put something in to get this contest going.

No Caption Provided

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@egod: Real nice.

I so wish I could draw better. I have a picture in my head for this. :)

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 EGoD  Moderator

@cbishop: If you have a design in mind you should definitely enter. The contests aren't meant for who draws the best, but about creativity, especially an amalgam. I've always looked at the contests based on what they are about, not who has the nicest drawing.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egod: Wellll, maybe I'll dust off the pencils and see what I can do. No promises.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

Bries84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

I hope it's not bad form to enter your own contest. I just like to draw as much as possible so I enter as many contest as I can. If it is please let me know.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cbishop

@bries84: If it's anything like the fan-fic contests, it's assumed that the winner will show up to defend their title. It doesn't always happen, but it would be a little less fun if you couldn't challenge the winners. Who sets their sites on the runner-up? ;)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egod said:

@cbishop: If you have a design in mind you should definitely enter. The contests aren't meant for who draws the best, but about creativity, especially an amalgam. I've always looked at the contests based on what they are about, not who has the nicest drawing.

You asked for it. lol
You asked for it. lol

I just emptied my storage sheds into my apartment this past weekend, and realized that I have no idea where I've buried my pencils and oil pencils. So this was done extremely quickly with just a regular ball point pen. As per usual, the picture in my head is not what's on the page. I wanted a much cooler mix of Hellboy and Shadow, with the blue-black coat and hat, but the nubs or complete horns sticking through the hat. The Right Hand of Doom holding the Hellboy gun (although I realized it's H'boy's other hand that holds the gun, isn't it?) and the normal hand holding a Shadow handgun. I also realized as I was posting that I forgot Hellboy's tail. I wanted his face hidden by the scarf, but the yellow eyes shining out, and one red leg sticking out of the folds of the coat.

Yeah, so not what's there lol.

I'd like to blame this on my five year old niece, or say this is just a rough, and that I'll post a final before the 8th, but with everything buried and the obvious work this needs, it's unlikely it will get any better than this. Yeesh, I have let whatever meager drawing ability I once had dry up like a desiccated mummy.

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By KEROGA
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EGoD  Moderator

@bries84: There is no rule against entering your own contest, a lot of people do it, some don't.