2099 #32 Prince of Persia

spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By spawndon

Since this contest has spread to all publishers, I am going with Dynamite this time.

Prince of Persia: Dastan, this is the character you have to upgrade for 2099. I thought of giving a few references from the comic books , but didn't find good pix there. So, I went with the Cover Arts of the popular games of the PoP franchise.

Some swords reference pictures can be found here.

Let your imagination flow. Have fun!

No Caption Provided

Deadline: When Tonis thinks fit.

spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By spawndon

, please anchor this thread.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ARMIV2

Ooh!

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tonis

Never really seen the Prince in comics, the last time I played Prince of Persia was in 1990 on my Commodore 64, but he has seemed to stand the sands of time rather well. (pun intended :)

Prince of Persia 2099
Prince of Persia 2099
Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Chaos Burn

@tonis: don't want to be a critic (certainly can't create stuff as good as you) but what is particularly 2099 about this Prince of Persia? maybe a backstory or something?

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tonis

@Chaos Burn: yea, some characters don't lend themselves as well to the future thing but honestly I stopped sweating that aspect with this contest a long time ago. There's only so many lasers and glowing suits you can pull off and trying to force it on a character where you don't see it produces less than desirable results. I figure this character wouldn't change all that much in the future and my real goal was just to make a decent Prince of Persia pic I could include in my gallery.

Couldn't really pull off an interesting back story either cause I don't really know anything about the character, just winged it off the visual references I could find through google. Besides, when they go to voting they never include the back stories so it's kind of a non motivating to include one to explain why it's the future, especially when your not 'feeling' it.

The contest has 2099 in the title, but the future is subjective, we could just as easily get knocked back to the stone age and have no fancy electrical gadgets and things like that, so with this character I suppose that's the route I'd go explaining why he looks the same and not all hi-tech. :)

I'm sure someone will figure a creative way to include lasers or something more futuristic, I just had a tough time working that in with the time I had to work on it.

spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spawndon

@tonis: great entry!

I seriously love what it is that he has in his left hand. Good clothes too.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tonis

@spawndon: thanks, believe it or not that actually a free model I found, just google 'poser whip sword' and it's in the first few pages. There's also a commercial one that's like $5 but this one actually looked better and has some great movement morphs to play around with. Well worth the download. :)

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9  Edited By Roxanne Starr
No Caption Provided

@tonis said:

...but the future is subjective, we could just as easily get knocked back to the stone age and have no fancy electrical gadgets and things like that...

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tonis

@Roxanne Starr: haha, no matter what the future brings there will always be a Velcro there on the side ready to bite :D

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11  Edited By Roxanne Starr

No Caption Provided

@tonis said:

@Roxanne Starr: haha, no matter what the future brings there will always be a Velcro there on the side ready to bite :D

Or eat cake.

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

@tonis: Nice job, looks very modern. I was trying to get one done for this contest since I loved playing the PoP games but I'm just not able to finish it by the deadline.

spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By spawndon

Please assume control of this thread, and do with it as you will.

I've become engaged in finishing college projects and preparing for semesters and will have to keep away from Comicvine for a while.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tonis

@EGoD said:

@tonis: Nice job, looks very modern. I was trying to get one done for this contest since I loved playing the PoP games but I'm just not able to finish it by the deadline.

always love to see your work, I'll be happy to hold off till you can finish it if you'd like. Can't have a vote if there's only one entry.

@spawndon said:

Please assume control of this thread, and do with it as you will.

I've become engaged in finishing college projects and preparing for semesters and will have to keep away from Comicvine for a while.

no prob, I'll give it some time if anyone wants to throw something in and we can go to voting, if not I'll get the next one started in a few days.

raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By raamesirote

@tonis: I think I could get one in by Monday, if you could extend the deadline

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

As Rockfall suggested, Monday would be great, I will even limit my time on the GW2 beta to get it done! now that's commitment lol

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tonis

@Rockfall: @EGoD: most definitely I can hold off till you guys get done, always better to go to a vote :)

try not to go through too many withdrawals EGoD, we don't wanna find you in a gaming clinic out there spazzing out :D

raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By raamesirote

As promised, my entry:

Dastan 2099
Dastan 2099

The prince of Persia in 2099, he has advanced armor and a laser sword. His gauntlets have the the ability of time control by a combination of magic and technology.

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

@tonis: LOL!

Okay here is my entry

No Caption Provided
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tonis

@Rockfall: @EGoD: wicked sweet designs guys, love em.

I gotta get to bed early tonight after a long day of bike riding but I'll get the voting going tomorrow afternoon when I get back. Some very cool stuff to show now :)