inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Two really cool characters are coming to the next season of CW's Arrow, as both Mr Terrific and Anarky have been cast. First, EW learned that Echo Kellum will be playing the role of Curtis Holt AKA Mr Terrific and will make his first appearance in episode two of the next season. No news yet on how Holt will play a role in the next season.

Finally, Alexander Calvert has been cast for the role of Anarky, as CBR learned. Anarky was announced as part of the next season at San Diego Comic Con last week. The official description for the character reads, "Lonnie Machin (AKA Anarky) is a deranged freelancing criminal who is willing to do whatever it takes to impress a potential employer."

Season 4 of Arrow debuts on the CW on October 7.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

And once again Anarky is totally misinterpreted :|

Radx_Konkin75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This next season better get better.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice to see Mr. Terrific but more Bat villains.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Contuining to steal Batman's villains I see. That's OK though. Hopefully this season is better than season 3.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really excited for this season. I don't like the Anarky description but not too worried, minor villains don't make or break a season.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude said:

How?

Anarky is basically like a friendlier V from V for Vendetta, he was a kind of social justice crusader attacking big business and such.

What's written in the OP sounds pretty much unrecognisable to the original character, though I haven't kept up to date at all tbh.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By entropy_aegis

Wow they just butchered Anarky in one sentence, why cant they just create their own villains? that sounds nothing like Anarky,it doesn't sound like the other inferior versions either, it's already the worst depiction of the character, this is the same as Arrow's Brother Eye.

@smart_dork_dude said:

How?

Just wiki Anarky.

marveldcfan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please let there be Green Lantern!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't like the casting choice interpretations of Mr. Terrific and Anarky.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Seeing as Arrow or as he is finally calling himself Green Arrow seems to clash with every new hero on the block can we expect a GA vs. Mr. Terrific ep in season 4?

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing I don't get is why keep using Batman villains when Green Arrow has his own villains to use. Bring back Komodo, Constantine Drakon, bring in Onomatopoeia, Rainbow Archer, or the Longbow Hunters

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Contuining to steal Batman's villains I see. That's OK though. Hopefully this season is better than season 3.

Not like Batman's doing much with his own villains, anyway. Rather they have something to do than collect dust, while Batman battles a bunch of new comers, Gods, and the occasional Joker.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Another sight says that Mr Terrific will be gay. Why is this necessary?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kidchipotle

WTF? Why did they change T's name from Michael to Curtis?

Avatar image for romthelegionaire
Romthelegionaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

WTF? Why did they change T's name from Michael to Curtis?

My thoughts exactly.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@kidchipotle: Haven't seen you around in a while. Anyways probably for the same reason they do anything in Arrow "Cause f*ck the comics" (although this next season does look like it could turn a corner).

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silent_bomber said:

@jonny_anonymous said:
@smart_dork_dude said:

How?

Anarky is basically like a friendlier V from V for Vendetta, he was a kind of social justice crusader attacking big business and such.

What's written in the OP sounds pretty much unrecognisable to the original character, though I haven't kept up to date at all tbh.

Yep. While it's left up to interpretation whether or not V was a hero... Anarky is more like the movie version of V, a lot more leaning toward the hero aspect but still being a bit outside the more usual heroic conduct of your standard DC hero. Can EASILY be an antagonist to another hero, due to his more extreme methods, but isn't a villain. One could arguably call him DC's equivalent to the Punisher in that respect. Both are extreme in their methods, which of course puts them at odds with the REST of the universe on a whole.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gosh I can't stand Arrow anymore.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#24  Edited By amazing_webhead

first "Beware the Batman" makes Anarky just Joker-lite, now this? i don't get why everyone bitches about Arkham Origins when it's the only time they got characters like him and Bane right

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidchipotle: Haven't seen you around in a while. Anyways probably for the same reason they do anything in Arrow "Cause f*ck the comics" (although this next season does look like it could turn a corner).

Yeah, I dont frequent the vine much anymore :\

But its great seeing you, brother!

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Hit_Monkey

Meh. Original Anarky was a randian/objectivist creep. If they are going to feature him in Arrow. He'll need a tune up. Terrible character.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidchipotle: I've been a bit less frequent myself, but yeah it's good to see ya. Don't forget to drop by the PM every once in a while so the Peeps don't worry.

Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Fu-Dog007

Meh, still waiting for Jensen Ackles to become Green Lantern (though, it probably won't happen)

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not really feeling it.

KASPERCOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched a video of the Arrow panel at SDCC and was overjoyed when they announced Mister Terrific (one of my all-time favorite characters) was going to be on Arrow. Then they said he was gay. Why? He's a womanizing playa in the comics. Is he then going to be a bumbling gay man in Arrow?

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By justice teen

The third smartest man in DC comics. How does he not have a solo with a title like that?

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, terrible characters for a terrible show.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow kept remarking how John Diggle needed a mask and I kept hoping he would become Mr. Terrific, now I don't know what they'll do exactly with Diggle. I like him as a character even if he was made up for the series (at least to the best of my knowledge), maybe they can bring back a really old golden age super hero for him to be, maybe someone like Crackshot or Black Hood.

I also can't wait to see Cisco figure out his powers and become Vibe :)

Not sure if they'll ever go through with making Caitlin into Killer Frost.

Kuyamu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if they will have a season dedicated to arrow chasing the joker? Or possibly one where he gets his back broke by bane?

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docholiday: Diggle is not smart enough to be Mr Terrific, he got a new look for the next season similar to the Guardian.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Don't like the casting for Mr Terrific or the name change.

Wow they butchered Anarky.....Is that how they really want the broader audiences to see him?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3ffc872a35d
deactivated-5b3ffc872a35d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: @smart_dork_dude: ....you shut your mouth! Mister Terrific is awesome...can only help and the Anarchy villain makes total sense (hopefully) given his backstory.

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, Anarky isn't sounding too good... hopefully he at least LOOKS cool...

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd: Guardian might not be a bad choice and I didn't think he'd have to be smart enough to be Mr. Terrific, my initial thought was Palmer or Cisco might help since they decided to not make Canary a metahuman and rather have her power of Canary-cry come from a device, still not sure I like that decision or having Laurel be Black Canary but regardless, we've seen the people at Star Labs develop plenty of super tech.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Not like Batman's doing much with his own villains, anyway. Rather they have something to do than collect dust, while Batman battles a bunch of new comers, Gods, and the occasional Joker.

Great line of thought...Batman villains have to do something ...Batman has twice as many villains as any other hero

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Great line of thought...Batman villains have to do something ...Batman has twice as many villains as any other hero

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Another sight says that Mr Terrific will be gay. Why is this necessary?

Well, that's just terrific.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By Knightfall225

Last season was sooo bad . Season 1 is the best season still

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@derekvang: thing is that all or 70% of green arrows villains are archer based and we already got that in season one so it will be repetitive.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr. Terrific is terrific! Can't wait to see Arrow will ruin him!

Did you know, next year The CW has a full decade under it's belt when it comes to slaying superheroes and villains!

MachoMustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By MachoMustachio

Casting a wimpy guy to play Olympic athlete level Mr. Terrific? Fine.

Making Mr. Terrific randomly gay? Fine.

Changing the man's name from Michael to Curtis? WHY! It bugs the crap outta me the they keep doing the completely unnecessary names changes that are close to the original but different because...I don't know just to be irritating to fans! I seriously don't understand why they keep doing this other than just to be dillweeds

Dinah Lance\Laurel Lance

Star City/Starling City

Paco Ramone/Cisco Ramone

Michael Holt/Curtis Holt

and on and on...

It doesn't affect the quality of the show and it doesn't really hurt the characters, it just really irritating

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By entropy_aegis

@batman404: Does it matter?

Yes,he's not gay and he's not Curtis, would you like it if Superman was named Johnny Kent and was transgender? Arrow has already overstayed it's welcome,even Manu Bennet isn't interested in returning. It normally takes 4- 5 seasons for shows like these to reach this state but Arrow has managed to do it in 2.

@derekvang: thing is that all or 70% of green arrows villains are archer based and we already got that in season one so it will be repetitive.

Then they should create new ones, using Batman villains is lazy.

first "Beware the Batman" makes Anarky just Joker-lite, now this? i don't get why everyone bitches about Arkham Origins when it's the only time they got characters like him and Bane right

Because Deathstroke wasn't the main boss and the game wasn't made by Rocksteady.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@amazingwebhead said:

Because Deathstroke wasn't the main boss and the game wasn't made by Rocksteady.

and yet he was barely even a boss in the game Rocksteady did make (not bashing on Rocksteady here, i love those guys, i just think it makes no sense)

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y'know, I skipped the latest season, and I've been wondering if they managed to get away from the Batman-tone at all and make Arrow more like... Green Arrow. This doesn't really answer my question, but it doesn't seem promising.