Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

We get some

No Caption Provided

There's a whole bunch of people, from Atlantis, and they've been hidden away in the Amazon. It seems there's been a split with the Atlantian people: those who are loyal to whoever is in charge in the current regime in Atlantis, which may be Mera, for all we know, and those hidden away in the Amazon that are still loyal to Aquaman.

Aquaman did go in a very interesting direction and there's a lot of mystery as to how this all happened. Looks like we'll have to keep reading to find out how this all went down. What did you think of the new direction? Let us know.

I dont think they are atlanteans. He said they are the enemy he was sworn to destroy. That is why Mera is angry. He said he will destroy all enemies of Atlantis and instead he is saving them.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@chimeroid: A while back DC released a bunch of free mini stories as a kind of preview to the books.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

All Hail to the King!

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: So, what do you think, is Arthur more or less dangerous now? He has elemental control, but no longer Darkseid piercing trident.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@chimeroid: Well we don't know how strong this trident is but if it's still an atlantean forged relic then it should still be able to do that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@jtmac005: I dont think DC would give the tittles for them.

Maybe Connor Hawke or Artemis instead Arsenal but Arsenal also needs to be in good title and since Outlaws dont exist anymore why not?

Maybe Blue Beetle instead Cyborg, Lilith Clay instead of Raven, Kole if they cannot get Starfire and maybe Kyle Rayner instead Beast Boy.

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Yep still Aqualame...

I CANT believe people still think Aquaman is stereotypically lame, especially people on this site who should know better. Aquaman is bada** as f***.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

''All new , All different ! '' ....wait , wrong company.

That new Swordent looks cool but how many times did we see Mera kicking Aquaman out ? O.o

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone feel like they are trying to make Aquaman more like Thor?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 the_stegman  Moderator

I like his new costume and powers. But his inner monologue was off, he's using phrases like "torn asunder", he was raised on land, I expect him to be less...regal with his dialogue.

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: well arsenal is currently in the red hood/arsenal series. Think it's by lobdell though and I hate the art too so I'm staying away from it. But honestly a team of just the original 5 teen titans would be cool if done right

Nightwing128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Nightwing128

I loved Aquaman all the way through his New 52 debut and I hope the art will get better since I really enjoyed Trevor McCarthy's guest spot on one issue of the New 52 Nightwing. I'll give it a couple more issues, same with Batman. My pull list is beginning to decrease a lot with COWL ending next month along with possibly Moon Knight so i'm stuck with these 2 titles...I want both of them to be successful and I've heard Cullen Bunn has been a great writer on several previous titles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jtmac005: Tecnally they arent a team so Arsenal could join them. O5 would be great for first arcs, but others members would join later.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Havent read anything DC lately except JL and Midnighter. No idea what is going on here...

BumBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna pick this up i've been jumping on to a lot of books since the reboot.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too soon to tell. It's interesting. I trust Bunn will play it all out very well. I love AQ.

Scantenii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been collecting Aquaman from the start of the New 52 and I have like most of it. I have not gotten this issue yet, but I am not liking this little bit that I am seeing. This looks bad too me. I will read it and give the first arc at least a shot.

ips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atlantean*

XavierMarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thoroughly enjoyed Geoff Johns run on Aquaman then Jeff Parker drove him into the ground. So far Bunns work in DC has been interesting I truly hope he can make the book even half as good as Johns take and I'll definitely give it a shot.

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

He looks weird. The top half and the bottom half just don't really blend, but maybe I'll get used to this design eventually.

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

@blackwind: earth

No Caption Provided

lightning

No Caption Provided

I really want "Your King is PISSED!" to become the new "I'm the goddamn Batman"... but I know it will never happen.

NoBahDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't he gay now?

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storms and earthquaking? He's more like Poseidon now.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: It's funny how this weapon is more powerful than his previous trident, which was supposedly a legendary item.

That darn thing was hardly a trident. It had five prongs, for crying out loud! I love ya DC, and I love Aquaman, but do not give me a five-pronged weapon and tell me it's a trident! That dog won't hunt, Monsignor!

Ehhh bring back the water hand.

Fixed.

@jtmac005 said:

@vitalius: yeah. Hopefully when Donna Troy is pardoned for her actions in Wonder Woman and she becomes a hero, and Grayson becomes nightwing again, they could have a Titans series. With Nightwing Donna Troy maybe Wally west arsenal and aqualad. Plus could swap cyborg raven starfire or beast boy with any of them. If Scott lobdell or Brett booth is involved though I will ignore it. Geoff johns and Jason fabok would be cool

I honestly don't think we're getting a Titans series. Wally West is far younger than any of the other people here, Arsenal and Red Hood go back like car seats at this point, more than Arsenal and Nightwing, Donna Troy will probably fly solo if anything, at least for the forseeable future, Cyborg is in the Justice League, Garth is still MIA, and Starfire is off doing her own thing. Bringing them together at this point sounds like a horrible idea because I honestly can't think of any scenario that actually sees them come together as a team outside of some Crisis-Level event that sees the entire DC Universe come together.

I'm avoiding all comics that have "new direction" attached to them.

Would you prefer "All-New, All-Different" Aquaman?

Picture this: He's a surfer dude, who suddenly discovers he can breath underwater. He's got a dolphin sidekick and a red-headed mermaid love-interest. His name is Tino!

@sirneko said:

New weapon looks good, new style looks lame. He looked majestic like a king before, like he is supposed to look. Now he looks like a thug from underwater.

First Superman, now Aquaman? What is with DC turning all the popular characters to thugs?

Curious what you mean by "thug?" How would you describe them looking like Thugs?

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess i'll pick this up in trade.

Zainu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soooo Gladiator Aquaman?

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By kfabz-23

@gr2blackout: I think they match better than his iconic costume

@nobahdee: lool this isn't Iceman

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Jbreen

Looking forward to seeing where Bunn goes with this. I like the idea behind the story and I have faith that Bunn can executed it well. I've really enjoyed all the stories with the New 52 for Aquman. Johns and Parker both told a very different type of story with him and Bunn is doing the same thing which is great. I like seeing variation when it comes to a character, it helps keep things fresh and not stagnant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By BlackWind

@jonny_anonymous: Doesn't necessarily look like lightning. That said, only the lightning/energy attack look worth mentioning. The others look easy as hell to avoid and seem short range as hell. But I'll keep reading to see if they get any better. I think it might be because they are being fit onto one page so they look smaller in scale.

bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just disappointed that they stopped in the middle of an interesting storyline; also that Aquaman now seems to rely of weapons, when before he was equally capable without his trident.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By DEGRAAF

I like his new look and I don't mind the new powers but I at least want them explained

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

luciferjonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read this twice. Really tried to give it a chance. Not digging it.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@saren said:

Mat, I've noticed that on several of your articles the tagline sentence just ends without any punctuation mark. It's not a big deal, but it drives my pedantry crazy and my eye keeps twitching for a while.

Hypocrite

BB

stormhawk31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not happy. I was really liking the New 52 Aquaman - it was one of the bright lights of a generally crappy lineup. So, of course, DC goes and throws out what's good in favor of pursuing what sucks. Why does EVERYTHING have to suck these days?

Janjaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I don't like it. Sorry.

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahh the annual Aquaman makeover. Will he have Aqua-vision this time ? Will he be able to swim at FTL speeds while communicating a cease fire with warring lobster tribes via TP ?

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

How long will this arc be?

When people remember he's aquatrash

KnightofSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was good. I liked it. I found the inking a bit heavy though, too distracting. And I like the outfit.

Rusty_Winns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always felt that Aquaman was a much better character when he has Mera by his side. I think this is the fourth time she has exciled him from Atlantis. I hope the story goes in a different direction but I get the feeling that it is where it is heading. Again.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jtmac005: i dont think he will he was a baby on issue 14

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like this new design, but i want my Rise of the 7 Seas arc

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laabitres: they didn't mention him by name did they? Just said something about a purple eyed boy or something? Anyway it's a new writer now so anything goes

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It was an okay issue. I'm not sure if the constant contrasting scenes between past and present worked as well as linear narrative would have ... maybe it will read better in trade?

I think Aquaman has been struggling a little since Geoff Johns left. It hasn't been bad but it hasn't been quite as awesome either.

I like Cullen Bunn and I had high hopes for this issue but it kind of left me unfulfilled (especially when you compare this to his first issue of Magneto)

I've been reading Aquaman since the N52 launch, maybe this is a good time to jump off ... maybe I'll check out Green Lantern Lost Army ... it's another Bunn title and I've heard it's great.

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm finding very little to like in this book. I hate the new look for Aquyaman. I mean, the character looks absolutely nothing like him. This new costume is an atrocity of color... so what? Lex leaves his purple and green so we need to put someone else in it... oh, throw in orange too cause... that makes it better.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verotikryptonite: So creative and riveting. Its almost like you're repeating every Aquaman criticism ever.

Avatar image for bringbackfrankensteinagentofsh
BringbackFrankensteinAgentofShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been getting Aquaman since the new 52 launch and have been enjoying it. When I saw this on the shelf I picked it up and saw art I didn't care for, a $3.99 price tag, and no extra page count... I drew the line at $2.99 on this book. :(