#101 Posted by SupBatz (2186 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan. I can accept every other live action DC design. But this one really rubs me the wrong way.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
#102 Posted by FuzzyLittleRodent (2087 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm starting to question my sexuality...

#103 Posted by butters911 (615 posts) - - Show Bio

Call me when they fire Zach Snyder.

#104 Edited by roboadmiral (577 posts) - - Show Bio

I dig it. I was wondering how they were going to handle the scale pattern of Aquaman's costume and how to make it look not silly. The gladiator-esque gauntlets and the tattoos are a neat way to handle it. He's definitely looking intimidating but that could ultimately be a good thing. We don't have much concrete information on the DC movies to come but I was quite pleased with Man of Steel. Marvel has the comedy-infused saturday morning brand of superheroes locked down. It's probably for the best that DC is carving out their own tone and aesthetic. Packing in jokes and primary colors would just be aping a thing their biggest competitor has down to a science and putting more white noise in an already saturated market. Going a more earnest, dramatic route is probably in their best interest to find their own audience and offer something that Marvel isn't already offering.

#105 Posted by wtk1013 (388 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it. Now I want to see who will play Mera and what she'll look like.

#106 Edited by D9000 (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

I dig it. I was wondering how they were going to handle the scale pattern of Aquaman's costume and how to make it look not silly. The gladiator-esque gauntlets and the tattoos are a neat way to handle it. He's definitely looking intimidating but that could ultimately be a good thing. We don't have much concrete information on the DC movies to come but I was quite pleased with Man of Steel. Marvel has the comedy-infused saturday morning brand of superheroes locked down. It's probably for the best that DC is carving out their own tone and aesthetic. Packing in jokes and primary colors would just be aping a thing their biggest competitor has down to a science and putting more white noise in an already saturated market. Going a more earnest, dramatic route is probably in their best interest to find their own audience and offer something that Marvel isn't already offering.

True. I'll be happy if we get something very different to what Marvel's been doing on the big screen. No need to play copy cat here. Let's hope the end product is something that we can all enjoy. I think the writers and director have a much harder task than the costume designers and casting directors.

#107 Posted by Burnout1212 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

It reminds me of black manta

#108 Edited by Perfect 10 (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

thank you and forbes for supporting JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!!!!!!!!

Like the look a lot but holding back my excitement til i see the bottom half cause it could be awful but probably wont be just rather side with caution

#109 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (1444 posts) - - Show Bio

Should I rule the ocean? Or sing Dragula?

No Caption Provided

#110 Posted by StarBrand1 (661 posts) - - Show Bio

i like it, but he doesnt look anything like aquaman. if he didnt have the trident, i wouldnt even have a clue that this is supposed to be aquaman. i will be dissapointed if he ends up looking nothing like him at all.

#111 Posted by Black_Claw (3375 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone's whining about the picture having no color. Meanwhile I'm patiently waiting for Momoa to finally destroy Aquaman's Superfriends stigma.

#112 Posted by cdw101 (474 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not even an aquaman fan n I think this is the dogs swingers!!!

#113 Posted by Peregrine (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh I hate it, it looks lit they just added some blonde highlights to his Drogo character, handed him a trident, and said "done". His armor doesn't even read as Atlantean, it looks it belongs on a Maori warrior

#114 Posted by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I'm not saying one is better than the other, I'm just saying that King Arthur has a "look" that differs from a Pacific Islander.

I guess a Pacific Islander would be more at heart with the ocean than King Arthut though.

#115 Posted by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: It's sad, really, I can't believe they would hire Henry Cavill and not let him be himself. The guy is really charming and has a personality, I don't know why they mute him.

The guy is Superman on and off the set.

#116 Edited by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: It's sad, really, I can't believe they would hire Henry Cavill and not let him be himself. The guy is really charming and has a personality, I don't know why they mute him.

The guy is Superman on and off the set.

There is a movie coming out this summer named "The Man from U.n.c.l.e" Cavill is the protagonist and he is so good at the trailer, very charming and badass. I will definitely check it out.

He really looks the part for me. I was very pleased with the casting.

#117 Posted by mann808 (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Haters are gonna hate but he looks great... Hey that rhymed! I guess I could be a rapper! It seems like they let anybody be one of those now a days...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#118 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio
#119 Posted by Darling_Luna (12918 posts) - - Show Bio

So moist Khal Drogo ?

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#120 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9109 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Rob Zombie crossed with Conan.

#121 Posted by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: yeah, I saw that. You should see him in interviews. After you do, you question will be: what is Snyder doing? He's wasting him.

#122 Posted by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio
#123 Posted by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: yeah, I saw that. You should see him in interviews. After you do, you question will be: what is Snyder doing? He's wasting him.

*sigh*

My hopes for the DCCU only get weaker :( I need a trailer and soon.

#124 Posted by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguy1591: Thanks :) I was gonna look for it. You saved me the trouble!

#125 Edited by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I took the pic into photoshop and brightened it up too. I quite like it with the colors present.

No Caption Provided

Looks even better

#126 Posted by longbowhunter (9425 posts) - - Show Bio
#127 Posted by GodOfMischief (708 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Momoa just doesn't suit Aquaman in my opinion. The costume looks cool, but I just can't picture him as Aquaman.

#128 Posted by nfareed71024 (256 posts) - - Show Bio

exactly what i expected, as you said hard to make him not look badass. hope they do it right.

#129 Posted by GeeWhiz (154 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Jason will make a great Aquaman but I wish the hair could have been blonde. I wondered if they tried blonde hair and it came out weird looking and they decided to go with dark hair.

#130 Posted by skaldadottir (94 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks amazing. I'm love Aquaman, and this take on the character looks like it is going to be great fun. I love the addition of the tattoos.

Not to mention I could stare at him shirtless all day, so.

#131 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio
#132 Posted by Alak (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

It's not a bad character design, but I don't think it's a good Aquaman design.

This sums up how I feel about it perfectly. I really dig it... but not for this particular character. However, I doubt it'll hurt my viewing experience as long as his part of the script and acting ability holds up.

#133 Edited by Gracetrack (4684 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool, but is it really Aquaman? When I first saw the image, I had no idea it was supposed to be Aquaman until I actually read the content of the article. I don't see that as a good thing. I'd think we'd want comic book fans to be able to tell who he is just by looking at him.

But, what do I know...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
#134 Posted by deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb (796 posts) - - Show Bio

So for everyone hating the tattoes (which I don't know how that makes things "darker"....some of the funniest people I know are covered in tattoes) our we just going to ignore the fact that Kaldoran (Aqualad) has had tattoes for years in the comics and his recent adaptation in Young Justice?

Those tattoes were tied into his magical ability to both manipulate water and generate electricity. As Wonder Woman will have already set-up the fact that magic does exist in the DC movie universe it is perfectly acceptable to have these tattoes come from magical means or function in some mystical way. He may only have small bits of real armor on his upper body but notice that his left arm tattoe is patterned exactly like his armor, so nothing says his skin couldn't become armor-like as a result. The tattoes on his chest and torso are different than his arms so they could represent a different effect as well.

It would be a cool alteration to the character, I think, if these tattoes were a key part of his abilities and why he's more powerful than a common Atlantean. Giving him greater hydrokinetic and electrokinetic ability in addition to low level telepathy (I really hope the movie version relies on even this ability to communicate underway because talking normally wouldn't occur do to sound distortion but all Atlanteans having enough telepathy to at least communicate in close proximity would be a reasonable evolutionary trait) and marine telepathy/command by having these elemental controls be an aspect of these tattoes in addition to his greater strength and durability would be a great justification both for them and the lower amount of armor rather than just visually implying a more fierce take on the character.

#135 Edited by Gracetrack (4684 posts) - - Show Bio

@ltbrd said:

So for everyone hating the tattoes (which I don't know how that makes things "darker"....some of the funniest people I know are covered in tattoes) our we just going to ignore the fact that Kaldoran (Aqualad) has had tattoes for years in the comics and his recent adaptation in Young Justice?

I don't know if people are ignoring it, but regardless... this is supposed to be Aquaman, not some edgy hybrid of Aquaman and Aqualad.

#136 Posted by Ren_ (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, please, and thank you

#137 Posted by EdBlank (1480 posts) - - Show Bio

Just doesn't say "Aquaman" to me. They want to make comicbook movies, but they don't want to put the actual stuff from the comics in the movies. makes sense.

#138 Posted by BeholdtheVison (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, not what I want to see as an Aquaman fan.

#139 Posted by fables87 (1781 posts) - - Show Bio

As a reader of Aquaman this just doesn't say Aquaman to me. Looks more like something for Game of Thrones.

#140 Edited by MiniSaladFresh (521 posts) - - Show Bio

I really dig it. And let's be honest, this could have been anything and you people would still be complaining and moaning about it.

And I don't think it's the Super Friends that caused Aquaman's unpopularity, it's things like Family Guy that make fun of Aquaman for being useless on land and stuff like that. Because Aquaman hasn't (yet) had a movie to show people what he's really like, and most people don't read comics, so they just believe the jokes they hear rather than forming their own opinions. Hopefully this movie will change that.

#141 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@alak said:

@xwraith said:

It's not a bad character design, but I don't think it's a good Aquaman design.

This sums up how I feel about it perfectly. I really dig it... but not for this particular character. However, I doubt it'll hurt my viewing experience as long as his part of the script and acting ability holds up.

Look at that picture and tell me that's not Aquaman?

#142 Edited by Gracetrack (4684 posts) - - Show Bio

@minisaladfresh said:

I really dig it. And let's be honest, this could have been anything and you people would still be bitching and moaning about it.

I'd watch the language.

And people do have the right to express their opinion, you know?

#143 Posted by MiniSaladFresh (521 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnicrono: I try not to swear on here (and I'll edit the comment to remove it, you may want to do the same to your quoted comment) but I consider that word to be pretty PG. I feel like it's pretty inoffensive.

And I'm fine with people having opinions, people are free to dislike something if they want, but don't you feel like people were ready to hate this before they even saw it? There has been an unholy amount of complaining about literally everything we've seen from BvS so far, I think people just won't allow themselves to like it.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
#144 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (4461 posts) - - Show Bio
#145 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@minisaladfresh said:

I really dig it. And let's be honest, this could have been anything and you people would still be bitching and moaning about it.

I'd watch the language.

And people do have the right to express their opinion, you know?

Pretty sure bitching isn't a swear

#146 Posted by righteous300 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't please everyone. They could have went with the original look blonde hair and all and people would still have been disappointed. As for what it is I think it fits into the style that they are going for. I'm guessing the original suit would not have transferred as well onto the big screen. Either way I like it and I can't wait to see future news and hopefully a trailer soon.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#147 Edited by buttersdaman000 (22877 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, looks like he could make both Cav-El and Batfleck his b*tches with a look and a flick of da wrist lmao #badass

And since when do muted, monochromatic colors automatically equate to dark, humorless tones??? At least wait for the trailer before you start whining guys.

Also, these movies aren't only made for comic book readers. If you were really expecting a more faithful costume adaptation, jump in your time machine, go back 5-10 years and stop Family Guy from making Aquaman jokes. Ever since then, maybe even before, he's been a punchline to the general public and a design like Zack Snyders is needed to change opinions.

#148 Edited by the_stegman (40312 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, looks like he could make both Cav-El and Batfleck his b*tches with a look and a flick of da wrist lmao #badass

And since when do muted, monochromatic colors automatically equate to dark, humorless tones??? At least wait for the trailer before you start whining guys

Lol. This is the internet, premature conclusions is what it's all about.

#149 Posted by cattlebattle (17765 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Original marketing they have there...

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#150 Edited by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awful