#51 Posted by AbdullahZubair (1039 posts) - - Show Bio

The little piece of armor he has on has hearts on it!!!!! How is that Badass people??

His look is okay but I wouldn't mind going light on the tattoos!

#52 Posted by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

@shazam117: People are over thinking that slogan: It's for the seven seas.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#53 Posted by amazing_webhead (9904 posts) - - Show Bio

Quite fittingly, they're using the "underwater Conan" look, with tattoos to look like his classic costume

#54 Posted by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: Not really, the photo is bleached out. It's like Diana's costume looking monotonic when it was bleached out. Arthur's hair has blonde streaks, his trident and top armor are gold and his pants are green.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#55 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n here is one with enhanced colour

No Caption Provided

#56 Edited by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: get his hair. That's not white, it's blonde streaks. The trident is also gold.

#57 Posted by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: Not really, the photo is bleached out. It's like Diana's costume looking monotonic when it was bleached out. Arthur's hair has blonde streaks, his trident and top armor are gold and his pants are green.

I don't have a problem with the costume but the tattoos. And it doesn't matter if it is bleached out or not since these are probably the same filters they are gonna use in the movie too. Because up to now everything we saw looks dark and bleak, from the teaser to the images and from the rumors to the already established MoS.

The Dc universe doesn't work well for me when they try to get "dark".

#58 Posted by senglord (2773 posts) - - Show Bio

fitting look for the tone. With predictable results. MOS made the DKT look like a 1970s family superhero movie.

Aaand the only thing I paid attention to was the Super Seven clip with the 5'4" Batman.

And DC continued to spite that their team book was second place.

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
#59 Posted by QuinnoftheStoneAge (3663 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks Awesome!

#60 Posted by Dernman (26092 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm trying hard to hate it just on principle over the "change" but I can't. I'm liking it.

#61 Posted by AwesomePerson (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

Some colour won't hurt...

Avatar image for scarlet_spider_forever
#62 Posted by Scarlet_Spider_Forever (168 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the tattoos.

DC continues to go into the dark, bleak, edgy road. Meh.

#63 Edited by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: fair enough, I'm not a fan of DC's choice of style either, but maybe Terrio writes some jokes for us. I didn't think MoS tried to be as dark as so many people make it out to be. I think they tried to be humorous, but the jokes just fell flat.

I do need Superman saving someone not named Lois in this movie though. I get that Singer went overboard with Superman saving and not fighting, but now they've taken us to the other side with Superman fighting and not saving.

Get a Morrison-esque scene of Superman taking time out to care about the little things, like someone contemplating suicide.

#64 Posted by longbowhunter (9425 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I took the pic into photoshop and brightened it up too. I quite like it with the colors present.

No Caption Provided

#65 Posted by dngn4774 (5581 posts) - - Show Bio

Loading Video...

I hope this happens.

I think they'll save that for the Aquaman movie. It's a great scene though. I remember that for me it was the first very first portrayal of Aquaman being a badass. I don't think they can every fully fix the damage that was done by Superfriends.

#66 Posted by John-PH (362 posts) - - Show Bio

Could use a little orange, but overall I really like it

Avatar image for the_average_bear
#67 Posted by The Average Bear (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

That's pretty freakin' awesome. I wondered how they would tackle this look on-screen and its off to a great start. Can't wait for more color, and the Unite The Seven possibly referring to the Justice League makes me wanna dance

#68 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguy1591: I just brightened it, I never changed the colours.

#69 Posted by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: fair enough, I'm not a fan of DC's choice of style either, but maybe Terrio writes some jokes for us. I didn't think MoS tried to be as dark as so many people make it out to be. I think they tried to be humorous, but the jokes just fell flat.

I do need Superman saving someone not named Lois in this movie though. I get that Singer went overboard with Superman saving and not fighting, but now they've taken us to the other side with Superman fighting and not saving.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I didn't use to hate MoS and I still don't. But I think it failed as a movie in general, not just as a Superman movie. Because when you preach for 2 hours about hope and yet your story gets darker and darker and even your ebodiment of hope ends up gloomy and a killer, you have done something very very wrong :P

Agreed. DC must find a balance, but from what I have seen up to now, I don't see it happening. I guess I have to shallow that Superman won't get a good modern movie for a while :P

#70 Posted by SneakyBawls (29 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rob Zombie of the Seven Seas....

#71 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

I approve.

#72 Posted by viin (953 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy cow that looks awesome

#73 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon said:

Agreed, this guy would never challenge a villain to a dance off. F-ing lame.

How does having a tattoo equate to "bleak and dark." A little ink doesn't make you a downer.

@xwraith said:

It's not a bad character design, but I don't think it's a good Aquaman design.

What he said. I like the design, and there are aspects of it that make me go "Oh look, it's Aquaman", but those are more in the details. It does feel like the usual Momoa look his characters tend to get, and not sure I like the tribal/savage look they're for with Aquaman (if I wanted to get nit picky, I'd like to know how he managed to get tattoos while residing in the water most of the time, especially since new tattoos are not supposed to be submerged in water and also that his skin shouldn't be penetrable like that).

Maybe he got the tattoos on land with some sort of Atlantean tool that is specifically designed to pierce their skin?

Or maybe he's magic and they came with age. I think Aqualad (Kaldur,) had something like that happen with his own tattoos.

#74 Posted by the_comebacks (365 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks awesome.

#75 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks superbadass!!!

#76 Posted by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@squalleon said:

How does having a tattoo equate to "bleak and dark." A little ink doesn't make you a downer.

Maybe he got the tattoos on land with some sort of Atlantean tool that is specifically designed to pierce their skin?

Or maybe he's magic and they came with age. I think Aqualad (Kaldur,) had something like that happen with his own tattoos.

The tattoos combined with the edgy 90s armor and the bleak, bleached out colors and filters equate to dark and bleak.

My problem with the tattoos is that they look plain rediculous for my taste imo. He is a king for f@ck's sake.

#77 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12883 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguy1591:

Possibly. But it's fun to speculate as it's an exciting time for DC characters in feature films right now

#78 Posted by mysoulz (871 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really digging the tattoos, but the revealing looks different than expected.

#79 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@squalleon said:

The tattoos combined with the edgy 90s armor and the bleak, bleached out colors and filters equate to dark and bleak.

My problem with the tattoos is that they look plain rediculous for my taste imo. He is a king for f@ck's sake.

It's a promotional piece though. He's in a dark room from the look of things. I don't think that should count towards it being considered bleak just because the setting of a promotional piece.

And he's also a Warrior. He appeared in Justice League piercing skulls and having sharks go crazy on parademons.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
#80 Edited by superior_prime_maybe (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

It exactly what i expected from DC. Will wait until the movie is out before I rave/rant/ (or meh)

#81 Posted by savesthedude (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I need to re-watch the Conan Reboot, Love this!

#82 Posted by MrMazz (2002 posts) - - Show Bio

O look another near monochrome picture of a superhero costume

#83 Posted by Thor_Ul (326 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it.

#84 Posted by WordofShazam (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm all for the Armor and the tattoos are a nice touch. Hopefully his pants will be at least a dark green. But that "A" on his belt just makes this photo for me. And the trident looks pretty sweet, can't wait to see more

#85 Posted by Galathanos (56 posts) - - Show Bio

"Try not to let "hype" wash over you."

Nope to late, I am now washed away and drowning in the hype.

#86 Posted by Jonny_Rogers (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Was I the only person that initially thought the 'Unite the Seven' referred to the continents? If the rumours that the Justice League are going to be UN sponsored or organised are true, then could this be a general symbol for world peace and unity?

#87 Posted by Kervan21 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@joker-lewinski: That look was NEVER going to translate into live action anyways. DC should have gone for a more drastic redesign anyways when they launched the New 52 rather than retaining the classic look. He's too clean cut otherwise, and no one would believe that he could hold up in a fight alongside Superman. But Mamoa and this look! There's no question about him being strong and intimidating.

#88 Posted by Farkam (12057 posts) - - Show Bio

I expected the classic look for some reason, but no this fits the set tone well. I can already tell he is going to be a beast. Unfortunately it's not very distinctive, and putting Mamoa into another half naked guy that's savage doesn't help. Still, looking forward to seeing Aquaman kick some ass.

Avatar image for ghost_rider_888
#89 Edited by ghost_rider_888 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

man , he would be a fucking perfect Lobo

just look at him : the hair , the beard , the muscles , everything fits

too bad he is aquaman

Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
#90 Posted by Antihero_Jaymok (129 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG, the 90's look... What if he looses his hand in the movie and gets it replaced with a hook!?! Best Movie EVER if that happens.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
#91 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (9358 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: Sure they can. The people who remember, us and some older, will be dead. The youngsters don't even know what a "Super Friends" is.

#92 Posted by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv said:

It's a promotional piece though. He's in a dark room from the look of things. I don't think that should count towards it being considered bleak just because the setting of a promotional piece.

And he's also a Warrior. He appeared in Justice League piercing skulls and having sharks go crazy on parademons.

Its another dark promotional piece. Why from all the pics and teasers we have got, no even one of them feautured bright or even normal colors. Even the Superman pic,the SUPERMAN pic, was in gotham, at night, where everything was colored in shades of grey and Superman's suit looked darker than the first one.

But a king formost. At least I don't see someone who I would trust with politics and as a leader. This pic screams of "Badass, barbarian brute", meaning every role Momoa has played and will probably play in the future, its a shame really, I hoped for a more Johns/Parker version of Aquaman. The noble leader, not the angsty, brooding one. We already have two of those...

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
#93 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (7157 posts) - - Show Bio

it's pretty cool

#94 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't like Mamoa as Arthur. I would've preferred something less Pacific Islander and more English since he's based off of King Arthur, but I can't complain.

P.S... He bleached the picture, the colors are bleached out. His pants are green.

King Arthur was a Saxon warlord.

#95 Posted by sinestro_GL (3651 posts) - - Show Bio

Was I the only person that initially thought the 'Unite the Seven' referred to the continents? If the rumours that the Justice League are going to be UN sponsored or organised are true, then could this be a general symbol for world peace and unity?

Antarctica included?

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
#96 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (5417 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good.

#97 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv said:

Its another dark promotional piece. Why from all the pics and teasers we have got, no even one of them feautured bright or even normal colors. Even the Superman pic,the SUPERMAN pic, was in gotham, at night, where everything was colored in shades of grey and Superman's suit looked darker than the first one.

But a king formost. At least I don't see someone who I would trust with politics and as a leader. This pic screams of "Badass, barbarian brute", meaning every role Momoa has played and will probably play in the future, its a shame really, I hoped for a more Johns/Parker version of Aquaman. The noble leader, not the angsty, brooding one. We already have two of those...

Because Superman was in Gotham. Not Metropolis. Don't get me wrong, I'm kind of fed up with the filters, myself, but they're just that. Filters. Not to mention, I thought the suit looked brighter overall, just not in that picture.

Warrior-King, I would say, in equal parts. Remember, this is a young, fresh Aquaman. He'll grow as a character and as a person. Probably into the person you think he should be, but for that to happen he'll likely need to prove himself as a capable warrior and defender for his people. And I think you're judging him a bit too much on his looks, honestly. Whose to say he isn't every bit as noble as any other Aquaman? Because his hair is down? Because he doesn't wear armor? Because he has tattoos, which probably have some cultural background? And while it's possible he'll brood, depending on the nature of the character (torn between two worlds, and all that jazz,) I doubt he'll be "angsty." If anything, he'll just be more prone to punching people.

#98 Edited by jayc1324 (26432 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks badass but I wouldn't be able to tell that's aquaman if I wasn't told, and not liking the lack or color. Looks good though, that is a good translation from comics to the big screen that people should like. The look is gonna be a big part of showing people that aquaman doesn't suck anymore

#99 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

It's not a bad character design, but I don't think it's a good Aquaman design.

What he said. I like the design, and there are aspects of it that make me go "Oh look, it's Aquaman", but those are more in the details. It does feel like the usual Momoa look his characters tend to get, and not sure I like the tribal/savage look they're for with Aquaman (if I wanted to get nit picky, I'd like to know how he managed to get tattoos while residing in the water most of the time, especially since new tattoos are not supposed to be submerged in water and also that his skin shouldn't be penetrable like that).

It's just his 90's costume with added tattoos

No Caption Provided

#100 Posted by Golden Cod (630 posts) - - Show Bio

@shazam117 said:

I love it. I'm intrigued by the "Unite the seven" slogan too. It could be homage to uniting the 7 seas or the Justice League, very cryptic. ...Awesome, I've been starving for some new intel on what Synder is cooking up for the DCCU

Don't forget the 7 artifacts wielded by The Others.