Freek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Freek

Hi Everyone,

I started doing some work on a mobile version of Comic Vine using the API. I have mostly finished doing this for Giant Bomb and since the API is almost exactly the same for Comic Vine I thought I would add support for Comic Vine as well :D.

Here is a sample screenshot on how its starting to look, still a lot of work to do but I will keep everyone updated if there is some interest.

Landing Page / The Logo Will Change
  Landing Page / The Logo Will Change

To get more of an idea how this will look you can check out the Giant Bomb version here: http://i.gamersfeed.com .

PS: If anyone has any ideas for a name, let me know!
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I wish there was a "like" button for this

Freek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Freek

Hello Again-

I have been making some great progress on the site so far. I am getting to the point where I will need some beta testers to help me break stuff. If you are willing to just poke around the site and make sure everything is looking good please let me know by sending me a message.

Thank you!

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.
@Freek said:
" Hello Again-  I have been making some great progress on the site so far. I am getting to the point where I will need some beta testers to help me break stuff. If you are willing to just poke around the site and make sure everything is looking good please let me know by sending me a message.  Thank you! "
Hook me up!  I'd love to check it out.
Freek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Freek

Howdy,

I apoligize for the lack of updates or progress, I have been in the middle of moving this month so been busy. Things are starting to settle down so development should be picking up again. You can check out the development version of the site here:

http://c.gamersfeed.com/

Some pages/features are up yet.

I will be sure to keep you posted with updates and progress.

Thanks!

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By courtney12490
@Freek: I love you for doing this! My question is will the mobile app (or is it a mobile site version?) be available for Blackberries? 
@inferiorego
said:
" I wish there was a "like" button for this "
Like? I think you mean Love
Aerock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Aerock

@ Freek, Thanks for all of your work!  Please let me know if I can help at all!  I don't have regular access to a desktop or laptop, so I use my Nintendo Wii or Sony PSP to surf the site sometimes and it can be very frustrating!

~  Aerock

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By courtney12490
@Freek: Is it Blackberry compatible?
sysdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sysdrum

It seems to work okay,   
@Freek: If you need any help let me know I am a Android/webOS Dev
@courtney12490: it should be Blackberry complaint. Just matters the type of blackberry. If you are running a current gen curve and/or pearl/bold you will be able to view but may be limited to the format. You may have to scroll for ever. 

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

@inferiorego said:
" I wish there was a "like" button for this "
agreed I am so bloody excited about this! esp as I just got a phone that can do online browsing!!
Freek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Freek

Hey everyone!

Very happy to see some interest, everything is coming along well and about ready to get into bug squashing mode. So feel free to PM me with any bugs you may see.

I am also still desperately looking for a name for this, or even a name that would cover all my Whiskey Media mobile sites (Only Giant Bomb and Comic Vine right now, but hope to get Screened when/if a API is released). So if any one has ideas feel free to shoot me a PM as well  :D.

Also once this mostly polished would it be OK for me to post about it in the General Forums since I know most of the CV community probally doesn't make there way to the API Developers forum.

Thanks again everyone,

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By tonis

Very cool, I'm hooked, line and sinkered. 
For the whole suite of apps Whiskey Mobile sounds clean and simple. For the Vine app a couple come to mind, 
iVine (if its just an iPhone app)
moVine (like moving without the g) 
Vine Mobile (simple and to the point) 

no matter what you name it, it's going to be awesome when it's available.

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By jamesewelch
@Freek:  I was using it yesterday on my Android HTC Incredible. I couldn't get the search to work right. When I put in the search text and pick from the drop down list, there wasn't a submit button to click on. When clicking on the "return" button on the phone, it just closed the keyboard pop-up, it didn't submit like when using the same site via Firefox on my PC.