Including story_arc_details in volume/ resource?

nekorename

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nekorename

Hi there,

Is there a way to send a request to the volume/ resource so that the 'story_arc_details' field from issues/ be included within it?

For example, if I ask http://www.comicvine.com/api/volume/4050-42604/?field_list... , I can get a list of all the names and issue numbers of the Batgirl comic series, but there doesn't appear to be any indication that issues 13-16 are part of the 'Death of the Family' story arc.

The most basic way to get the information would be to inspect every issue's page in turn, but that is not a viable idea in practice. I can't think of an alternate way to query the API to gather a list of story arcs associated with a volume, or volumes associated with a story arc. Is there a way to send a request similar to a database 'join'?

In my app, I plan to refer to each issue of a comic in the form "Volume (Arc) ### Title (year)", so this information would be very useful for me.

Many thanks.

Edit - Also I only just realised that the cover_date is not present in the issues list from volume/ either. I feel like I'm missing something: what is the recommended way to get a list of issues from a volume with their cover dates and story arc data please?