Comic Vine App for Android and iPhone?

bluetorch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By bluetorch

Being an Android smartphone user, I was wondering if anyone has developed or is developing an Android app for Comic Vine?  An app that offers a similar experience to viewing the site in your computer's browser.  Besides developing a mobile version of the site, seems like that's the next logical step for a site like Comic Vine.  I mentioned iPhone in the title too in case one has been developed for Apple's iOS.

Thanks.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator

Hmmmm, I think the Android app can be developed for Comic Vine. It is a possibility, but I haven't heard any news about it.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By slimj87d

I would love this!

bluetorch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bluetorch

I think it just makes sense.  Hopefully someday we'll see something like that.

eddiegc2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By eddiegc2002
Hi, 
I would like to make a free application with api comic vine. I started to look at the api carefully, and at first is crazy, XD. The biggest problem is that the sorter does not work correctly, but I'll see what can I do. 

I'm still learning Android, so be patient. I will inform you about developments.

Regards from Spain (and sorry for my english)
jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6  Edited By jamesewelch

This post says there's an app in the store already for it:
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/api-developers/2334/comic-vine-in-app-store/612193/

I also use the Comic Vine mobile web pages that way I don't need to install anything.
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/api-developers/2334/mobile-site/532503/

eddiegc2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By eddiegc2002
I want to learn android, and as I like comics, I thought to make this application.

But if there is any problem because there are other applications, I will don't this. No problem.
Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Does it really matter? Just open up your default Internet browser and type in Comic Vine. I am on my iPad right now...

Leon_Dissada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Leon_Dissada

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: sometimes u cant acsess ur acc like that. iv triend with teh ipod b4 n it acts liek u hit teh back button everytime u try to log on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ragman1138 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: sometimes u cant acsess ur acc like that. iv triend with teh ipod b4 n it acts liek u hit teh back button everytime u try to log on.

Hmm..... I don't have that problem on mine. On iPhone I just zoom in so I can easily press it without any trouble, Not sure if iPod can do the same though....

Leon_Dissada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Leon_Dissada

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: it does zoom in. im sure i hit the enter button and as soon as i hit confirm it takes me to the main page and acts like i hit the back button when i KNOW i didnt cause i zoom it in so only the log in button is visible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ragman1138 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: it does zoom in. im sure i hit the enter button and as soon as i hit confirm it takes me to the main page and acts like i hit the back button when i KNOW i didnt cause i zoom it in so only the log in button is visible.

That's really odd. I don't seem to have that problem. I guess a Comic Vine app really is needed.

Leon_Dissada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Leon_Dissada

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: ikr? i mean some people that are always on the go cant get on comic vine normaly. so an app would be so much easer. a free one not one we have to pay for cause if we dont get on to often then y would we pay right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ragman1138 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: ikr? i mean some people that are always on the go cant get on comic vine normaly. so an app would be so much easer. a free one not one we have to pay for cause if we dont get on to often then y would we pay right?

Yeah, but I doubt it would cost money. Why pay for an app for Comic Vine which will probably be downgraded, when you can go on the website Comic Vine for free?

Leon_Dissada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Leon_Dissada

totally. i mean for real, an app would be the best move

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xybernauts

This is a great idea. I'm on my iPad right now. I have the app on my iPad, but the app was made for just the iphone. You can zoom in, but it really hurts the quality of the resolution so it'd be nice if they made a version of the app thats specifically made for the ipad, preferably a high definition version. Of course the biggest problem with the iphone app, for me, is that it doesn't include the forums. The main reason I come to Comic Vine is to use the forums. I'd just use the forums through the web browser, but the iPad browser leaves out a lot of the functions that make the Comic Vine forum great. I was hoping that they could create an app the makes the forum fully functional.

bluetorch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bluetorch

So, it's been two years since this thread was created. There exists an app called ComicVine Mobile in the Google Play Store but based on reviews, it's extremely limited and basically an RSS reader. Any word on a true ComicVine app that looks good on both Android phones and tablets? Here's to believing there's still hope.

geecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By geecko

I'll get into that as soon as I'm done with the app I'm working on for the moment.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

#19  Edited By wmwadeii

@Bluetorch said:

So, it's been two years since this thread was created. There exists an app called ComicVine Mobile in the Google Play Store but based on reviews, it's extremely limited and basically an RSS reader. Any word on a true ComicVine app that looks good on both Android phones and tablets? Here's to believing there's still hope.

The one for the Windows Phone is the same. Basically a RSS of the site with a HORRIBLE color scheme. The only reason I can see somebody would want a mobile/app version is for screen size. If you look at Wikipedia mobile or most of the wiki apps they basically compress everything to a smaller screen and show limited graphics to conserve data plans.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

C'mon everybody we gotta keep this love so BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets make this happen

slimcady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By slimcady

There already is an Android app built based upon the Comic Vine API, hell it's how I found this website...

Comic Books Collector

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A CV app for IOS would be cool too.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

And blackberry

herrdoktorbd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By herrdoktorbd

@knightsofdarkness2: ComicLand v1.0 is now available (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1002595108). Feedback and reviews are welcome. Working on v2.0 now.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 g2_  Online

That would be awesome and extremely useful.

herrdoktorbd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By herrdoktorbd

ComicLand v2.1 for iOS is now available (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1002595108). Feedback and suggestions are welcome. Free. Working on an Android version.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Bump

Ryth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicLand v2.1 for iOS is now available (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1002595108). Feedback and suggestions are welcome. Free. Working on an Android version.

Unavailable in the U.S store...

herrdoktorbd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/comicland/id1002595108?mt=8

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP. This would be an interesting idea.