BIG changes coming to API related to Videos

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By rick

We will be removing all video sources from all API responses and replacing them with links to our embed player. Don't Panic! I know this will probably affect a few of you significantly. In most cases we'll work with you to use our Embed player. We're creating an API to control the embed player with window.postMessage so you shouldn't lose functionality (though you will need to change your code).

FAQs:

Q: When will this happen?

A: ASAP. Possible is when we have received enough feedback from you guys and have worked with you to move to our embed player.

Q: WTF I can't use your embed player in my iOS/Android/OTT app!

A: Contact me (edgework) directly. We can work with you to keep using the raw mp4 video source, but you will be using a new API endpoint. Not everyone will get this. We'll approve on a case by case basis. Some of you will be directly contacted soon.

Q: Does this mean you will run ads on my site?

A: Maybe. If a premium user is logged in to Comic Vine their cookie will be read by the embed player and no ads will play for them. You will be able to detect if a video is premium or not and be able to direct your user to comicvine.com to log in and get the cookie.