Follow

Flashpoint

Story arc »

There's a fissure in time that is leaving repercussions in the past, present, and future. Barry Allen must find the Flashpoint before it destroys all time.

What Flashpoint books are you buying?

• 47 results
    Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By EisforExtinction

So I looked at the list inside the Green Lantern Free Comic Book Day issue and there are a ton of Flashpoint books. I thought there were going to be five but there is way more. 

I think Flashpoint and Flash will be required reading but I think I'll pick up Flashpoint: Hal Jordan and Flashpoint: Project Superman but other than that I would have to decide on a whim.

What issues are you picking up?
    Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

ALL OF THEM

EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EisforExtinction
    @Icarusflies:  That's insane.
    Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

None.  I'm burned out on large events for the time being since I got all of Brightest Day. I need a break.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think I'll flip through the ones at the comic shop and buy the ones that seem most connected to the story.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Final Arrow
    @aztek the lost said:
    " I'm looking into Secret Seven (because of Shade/Peter Milligan) and some of the other minis I might look into (I was flabbergasted when I saw how many there were because I too was under the impression there was just going to be a handful)...not sure I care about the main series though...from what I was told I've come under the impression all these books are accessible without the others though that may have been a misunderstanding on my part "
    Shade 0_O for real?
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Nothing, I hate the concept with a remarkable passion. The Cyborg design is awesome though.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Final Arrow
    @aztek the lost:  LOL I thought  you meant your shade. I was just shocked to see him moved from from HB!!! I am looking forward to my Shade's mini series when (if ever) it comes out.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @aztek the lost said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " Nothing, I hate the concept with a remarkable passion. The Cyborg design is awesome though. "
    wait... what exactly is the concept? O_O "
    Geoff Johns gets to put his favourite character in an alternate universe allowing him to retcon anything he feels like. (Shudders)
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @aztek the lost said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @aztek the lost said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " Nothing, I hate the concept with a remarkable passion. The Cyborg design is awesome though. "
    Geoff Johns gets to put his favourite character in an alternate universe allowing him to retcon anything he feels like. (Shudders) "
    yeah but he's not writing the tie-ins... "
    True, but I don't want to spend the money I could be spending on Hellblazer and Batman, on tie-ins to an event I don't support.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @aztek the lost said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @aztek the lost said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @aztek the lost said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Geoff Johns gets to put his favourite character in an alternate universe allowing him to retcon anything he feels like. (Shudders) "
    True, but I don't want to spend the money I could be spending on Hellblazer and Batman, on tie-ins to an event I don't support. "
    fair enough...I couldn't care less about the event itself but I think of it as an excuse for a bunch of Elseworlds stories (right? that's the impression I got) and I see nothing wrong with that "
    That's a good way of looking at it. I've become really jaded with a lot of the current non-Batman DC and Marvel stuff lately. I'll keep that view in mind, it's a more optimistic one :)
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This really seems like it should just be an Elseworlds concept and nothing more to me.  When trades come out I'll buy then but for now, I'm taking a much needed vacation from huge events.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @aztek the lost: You're a wise man. Events are brutal on the wallet (and the mind, most are just terrible) these days. Deliberate naivety or optimitism, at least you're not dreading every book released that's not written by Grant Morrison lol
    Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator
    @EisforExtinction said:
    " @Icarusflies:  That's insane. "
    ALL….OF….THEM
    O_O
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @aztek the lost said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: we do what we have to as comic fans, though to be fair if comics based in the MU or DCU ceased publication next week I wouldn't shed a tear...I mean until they're non-existence caused the industry to crumble and all other comics to die as well but for the most part I just accept that as necessary parts of the industry and I'm glad there are people out there who will go get every issue of every event...thanks to them I can get the good books "
    Haha, another nice way to look at it.

I love the superhero characters and all that, and there are particular runs that are nothing short of phenomenal, but as you read more Vertigo and alike titles, you start to pick out the imperfections of the mainstream titles, which hurts them A LOT.

That said, as long as Bruce Wayne exists, I will never stop reading Batman ^_^
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Icarusflies said:
    " @EisforExtinction said:
    " @Icarusflies:  That's insane. "
    ALL….OF….THEM
    O_O
    "
    Can I ask why? What draws you to this event?
    Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator
    @FadeToBlackBolt: I'm a huge fan of alternate universes, and a huge Flash fan. And the Flash almost NEVER gets huge events, it's usually Batman or Green Lantern. 
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By JonesDeini
    @RedheadedAtrocitus:  
    Pretty much my answers. At most I'll check Secret 7 because Milligan'll be returning the Shade The Changing Man and the Creature Commandos story. I won't be reading a single one of the main title issues because they're 3.99, drawing the line my black ass!!!

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @aztek the lost said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Fade, this' why you're my folk!!!! Geoff Johns and his fan fiction have gone on long enough. His retcons and events manage to further convolute an already barely comprehensible DCU. Events ain't crap these days and don't deserve our financial support. At most I'll tolerate some thing like the Age of X or the Daken/X-23 crossover (which I just so happened to drop).  
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Icarusflies: Fair enough, but you've confused me. This isn't a Flash event, Wally's nowhere to be found. There's just some dude running around in his costume.
    =P
    I kid, I kid.
    Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator
    @FadeToBlackBolt: I know, I know, it's not ideal…I honestly wish Barry just stayed dead, he's a totally uninteresting character and has pushed all the decent Flash characters out of the spotlight.
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JonesDeini: I know, right? Nah at most I'll just stick to Brightest Day aftermath and then I'm good just doing my monthly titles.  Sadly I'd have considered Flashpoint if it was smaller, but its just too darn big.  
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Icarusflies said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt: I know, I know, it's not ideal…I honestly wish Barry just stayed dead, he's a totally uninteresting character and has pushed all the decent Flash characters out of the spotlight. "

Wait, seriously? You're more awesome that I thought.

Here, have some flowers;

No Caption Provided

@aztek the lost said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt said:

" @aztek the lost said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: we do what we have to as comic fans, though to be fair if comics based in the MU or DCU ceased publication next week I wouldn't shed a tear...I mean until they're non-existence caused the industry to crumble and all other comics to die as well but for the most part I just accept that as necessary parts of the industry and I'm glad there are people out there who will go get every issue of every event...thanks to them I can get the good books "
    Haha, another nice way to look at it.I love the superhero characters and all that, and there are particular runs that are nothing short of phenomenal, but as you read more Vertigo and alike titles, you start to pick out the imperfections of the mainstream titles, which hurts them A LOT. That said, as long as Bruce Wayne exists, I will never stop reading Batman ^_^ "
    I actually have no problem with the superhero characters myself, I like a lot of them...it's the way mainstream comics are that I don't like...it's never about making a great story, everything's got some other motive from the business side of things and a lot of stories are just terrible and then there's the fact that things never end, they just get retconned...but I can enjoy a book like The Long Halloween or something that has no ties to the mainstream or an event...it's the Brightest Day's, Fear Itself's, etc. that I have no desire to feed personally
    there's more comics already in print that I want to read then i ever will be able to so I'm not worried in that regard...but I still want to one day read my Hellblazer #471 and be able to close the comic with a satisfied but sad smile as John Constantine's body is put to rest and the mantle of Hellblazer goes down to Gemma (or maybe a future child since that's years away and she'll be like fifty by then)
    "
    Have you read Morrison's Batman or his New X-Men? One of the reasons that I love him so much is that he does the exact opposite of what you said; he writes great stories, and says **** you to the business side. Granted the X-Men example also proves your second point, as it's all virtually been retconned.

That would be good, but it's always weird to think of a character like Constantine dying permanently. Odds are it will happen one day, unless he gets pushed too far into the DCU and de-ages, it's still just a weird thing to think about. To never have another comic with John in it again... It's a strange thought.
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JonesDeini
    @Icarusflies said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt: I know, I know, it's not ideal…I honestly wish Barry just stayed dead, he's a totally uninteresting character and has pushed all the decent Flash characters out of the spotlight. "

Well Johns has carte blanche to destroy all we love with his fan fiction lol So yeah, Barry's back (sigh), and we just have to suck it up. I admittedly LOVED the first arc of current Flash Ongoing. I also enjoyed the villain highlight issues. Then the road to Flash Point came...yeah, and there was much sound a fury signifying nothing. I feel like Johns has burned out those early qualities that drew me to him and now he's either going through the motions or being over the top and trying to hard to make his comics "Memorable, historical" moments. 
    @RedheadedAtrocitus said:

" @JonesDeini: I know, right? Nah at most I'll just stick to Brightest Day aftermath and then I'm good just doing my monthly titles.  Sadly I'd have considered Flashpoint if it was smaller, but its just too darn big.   "

Word'em up, folk. After the shatastic ending to Brightest Day (which I overall enjoyed) and his Green Lantern war (which caused me to drop the title) I have 30% faith in Geoff Johns, 10% when it comes events. If this had been self contained to the Flash Title AND 2.99 I'd be down, since I read Flash, but instead we have ANOTHER Geoff Johns helmed company wide crossover. Speaking of company wide Crossovers. Mo' flush Matt Fraction!!!! Quit ruining the things I love!!!! Stick to Iron Man, Give Thor BACK to Kieron Gillen immediately, and stay faaaaar, faaaar, faaaar away from anything with X in the title. 
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By King Quisling

I think Flash is going on hiatus while Flashpoint is happening. Notice Flash isn't on the check-list and on the DC website it stops after #12. Either way, I'm not reading in. Alternate Universe/timeline stories always seem to go nowhere.

EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By EisforExtinction
    @aztek the lost said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @aztek the lost said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Yeah, if there were three minis off  Flashpoint that were all written by Johns I would have no problem. Instead there are a million of them that can't be important to the story.
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By EisforExtinction
    @King Quisling:  I'd be alright if everything went on hiatus so if you buy Superman monthly you could buy Flashpoint: Project Superman instead but all the other books are still going so god damn.
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JonesDeini
    @aztek the lost: 
    That's my fav thing about indy comics, they end. I don't ever have to worry about some writer bringing Moses Lwanga's stories back and butchering the character. 

@King Quisling said:
    " I think Flash is going on hiatus while Flashpoint is happening. Notice Flash isn't on the check-list and on the DC website it stops after #12. Either way, I'm not reading in. Alternate Universe/timeline stories always seem to go nowhere. "
    Word, man. *Looks over at Age of X issues*
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By King Quisling
    @EisforExtinction: I def know what you mean. Maybe I would give it a shot in my list wasn't so full already.
    Avatar image for the_fastest_man_alive
    The Fastest Man Alive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

All of them even though every issue of brightest day was a costly experience 

lax2themaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lax2themaxx

Well, I believe my brother is going to be acquiring all of them.  Lol he cant help himself.  He has everysingle issue of Blackest night and Brightest day....Every single tie in avaliable. Haha.  I am really behind on my own comics to even get started on that, not to mention that I havent even read blackest night yet...or brightest day for that matter D: lol.
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41  Edited By Zoom

I'll probably read them all but I'll probably only buy Citizen Cold and the Cyborg issues.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

I don't know if I'll be buying any tie ins. I was considering the Batman tie in, but that's the only one I'd consider. 

EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By EisforExtinction

I have heard (but was unable to verify) that if you buy every single issue of the Flashpoint and it's spinoffs that you get a medal.

LetoWeapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44  Edited By LetoWeapon

So far I'm more interested in the tie-ins than the main event. The Gorilla Grodd and Green Arrow Industries one-shots look fun.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @LetoWeapon said:
    So far I'm more interested in the tie-ins than the main event. The Gorilla Grodd and Green Arrow Industries one-shots look fun.
    XD ditto I'm reading wonder Woman, Batman and superman I'm not excited for this event but those concepts for some characters look cool and the tie-ins are only 3 issues
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Main book 
    Wonder Woman book 
    Aquaman book 
    Project Superman 
    Booster Gold
    golvellius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By golvellius

Well I decided to buy Flashpoint, World of Flashpoint and Secret Seven.....I have been totally pleased.  The other titles well I guess I'll flip through them at the shop, but I'll probably just wait till its over an get the tpb.  Tracy 13, has been totally surprising, and Secret Seven is intriguing....I am very much liking these titles....
    Avatar image for craig_lovecraft
    Craig Lovecraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48  Edited By Craig Lovecraft

I'm just getting the main book and Booster Gold. I'm sick of all the tie-in mini's they make for events. I'd be interested in reading them all, but I'm not willing to spend money on like 45+ extra books on top of the books I already get.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By EnSabahNurX

So I went from 3 tie-ins plus the main to 
    Booster Gold 
    Flashpoint 
    Flashpoint: Wonder woman, aquaman, world of flashpoint, superman, batman, green lantern, hal jordan, grodd, reverse flash, kid flash, and that cricket thing O_O  
    I don't know how this happened lol

EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By EisforExtinction

@Icarusflies said:

ALL OF THEM

Did you end up getting all of them?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.