Follow

Flashpoint

Story arc »

There's a fissure in time that is leaving repercussions in the past, present, and future. Barry Allen must find the Flashpoint before it destroys all time.

How come Barry is still a forensic scientist?

BraveKnight99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

(Unless I am horribly mistaken) Barry Allen dedicated his life to solving his mother's murder/proving it wasn't his father, and that's what made him a forensic scientist. So, if his mom wasn't murdered in the Flashpoint timeline, how come he's still a forensic scientist? Does that mean he's 'destined' to become a forensic scientist no matter what?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@braveknight99:

The part about his mother was something Geoff Johns made up. Before that, the explanation to why he is working for the police were simple: Barry hate disorder. Plain and simple. And he consider crime the greatest disorder of them all. And he was a comic-book fan who were inspired by his hero, the golden age Flash, to somehow fight crime.

So he would always end up being a forensic scientist if you ask me.

BraveKnight99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Thanks for clearing that up. :)

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@waezi2 said:

@braveknight99:

The part about his mother was something Geoff Johns made up. Before that, the explanation to why he is working for the police were simple: Barry hate disorder. Plain and simple. And he consider crime the greatest disorder of them all. And he was a comic-book fan who were inspired by his hero, the golden age Flash, to somehow fight crime.

Why would anyone change this? It's perfect.

BraveKnight99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123: I agree. I think it gives him a deeper sense of justice. His mother dying isn't really adding anything.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@braveknight99: @innervenom123: I have no idea. Maybe Johns thought that Barry would be more popular if he were like Batman:)

He killed GLs father too, if I my memory is correct.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.