razzatazz's Flashpoint: Wonder Woman and the Furies #1 - Part One: The Arrangement review

Avatar image for razzatazz

Going to the chapel, and we're going to get parried

To be honest I have not been liking the Flashpoint version of Diana.  A bit too much of a departure from the character in my opinion, but I thought this issue was quite interesting.  It sort of retells the Wonder Woman origin again (for what must be the hundredth time) but does so in a way which is quite different from the rest.  A marriage of political convenience with Aquaman is arranged as the two cultures are looking to rejoin mankind.  Of course to get to where they are in Flashpoint something else has to have gone wrong someplace and something does go wrong setting the two kingdoms on a crash course of war.  Overall I thought this issue was quite well written and well drawn as well.  In fact, I am keen to see where this goes now, as opposed to sort of indifferent as I was before.  Also I liked the depiction of Diana in her wedding dress, probably the first time I have seen her wearing something to one of her fictitious weddings which looks like something she would actually wear