Follow

Flash Thompson

Character » Flash Thompson appears in 1920 issues.

Flash frequently bullied Peter Parker but was actually Spider-Man's greatest fan. In time, Flash befriended Peter, became a decorated war hero, and eventually joined the Marvel superheroes as a symbiote host, first with Venom and then with Anti-Venom.

My Favourite "Venom" Battles

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Edited By TheDandyMan

Venom is respected for it's character development, plot and action. Let's just focus on that action for now. Throughout the series, Flash Thompson is involved in a number of battles against a variety of different villains (and sometimes heroes) and I've tried to narrow this down to my top few favourites.

Vs. Kraven (#2)

No Caption Provided

Venom's first battle against a long-time villain of Spiderman happened in #2 of his series and involved spears, tranq darts and dinosaurs. He has come across Kraven the Hunter in the Savage Land who wants to kill Flash, believing that "the Spider's black spirit" would bring him peace. Throughout the battle, you really get the sense that Flash is a newbie hear and is filled with panic and almost terror while close-ups of Sergei's face capture his madness well.

Vs. Ant-Venom (#7)

No Caption Provided

Occurring during the Spider-Island story arc, Venom is tasked with bringing in Eddie Brock who has the ability to turn people back into normal humans after being mutated into spider-like creatures. This is no easy task and Flash barley makes it out of the fight conscious. The action is done very well, seeing both of the symbiotes punch and claw each other is entertaining and their attacks are almost bestial in nature.

Vs. Jack O'Lantern (#12)

No Caption Provided

Although he's fought his arch-nemesis a number of times previously, this is the battle that stands out between Flash and Jack O'Lantern for me. Although calling it a battle might not be quite accurate, the encounter mainly involves Jack trying to escape from Venom who, for the first time, has fully embraced his anger and "vulked out" into a mad behemoth. Seeing this for the first time is something that I remember thinking was really cool and the design of Flash's suit while in this state has been well-thought.

Vs. U-Foes (#28)

No Caption Provided

Flash is out of his weight-class here and he knows it, he admits that even when he fought these guys in the past and had back-up they nearly killed him. By no means does that stop this clash from being riveting though and for a moment it almost seems as if Venom has a chance at beating the U-Foes. Almost. In the end, as you can probably guess, our hero ends up being almost being killed but the fact that he's able to go head-to-head with these villains shows how far he's come in terms of his level of control over the symbiote.

Vs. Toxin (#34)

No Caption Provided

Eddie Brock makes this list a second time and deservingly. After having the Anti-Venom symbiote taken away from him, he's forcefully bonded with Toxin who, for those who don't know, is the spawn of Carnage. As you can imagine, the spawn of Carnage is going to be pretty powerful and this time, unlike in earlier issues where the two encountered, Flash is without any sonics so how will he defeat Toxin this time? Well, if you know then good for you, if not...then WHY? Go and read this thing!

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Whoa that's awesome that he fought Kraven. I'm pretty sure I own venom vol 1 I need to finish it some time. Really cool blog, I'm thinking of working on some tmnt blogs soon

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Great blog.

@ccraft said:

Whoa that's awesome that he fought Kraven. I'm pretty sure I own venom vol 1 I need to finish it some time. Really cool blog, I'm thinking of working on some tmnt blogs soon

I will be looking forward to it.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Great post

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@ccraft: You totally should do that, I've only read a wee bit of TMNT so I might learn something from the future blogs.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.