Follow

Firestorm

Character » Firestorm appears in 1147 issues.

Originally a composite being, Firestorm had power over fire and heat, and could alter the atomic structure of objects

Nuclear Reactions: My thoughts on the new Firestorm

BDog23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Edited By BDog23

From my website www.comicbookboards.org  

Ronnie Raymond 
    Ronnie Raymond 
    People who know me, recognize that I’m pretty young. I was at the comic store a few years ago when a man named Rob Rossi recommended a comic book called Firestorm to me. I jumped at the opportunity to read an older comic magazine, and bought the first 5 issues which were 2$ each with the 10$ I had on me.When I started reading the series I was hooked, what a great idea! Two people who live completely different lives forming a superhero persona, I thought it was pure genius. When I went back to my local comic shop, I was told that Firestorm had another series “The Fury of Firestorm” and I was ecstatic. I started reading and was extremely happy with the well written stories by Gerry Conway. Ronnie is about my age in that series, and because he is an athlete he deals with a lot of the same problems I do, that made him very relatable. I’m still hunting down issues to complete my run of that series, but I’m loving it just the same. While I ran out of issues of F.O.F I tried to read a new Firestorm series on the shelves starring not Ronnie, but Jason Rusch a new Firestorm. I was shocked and thought to myself, “What the hell are they doing!? Where is Ronnie, and Prof. Stein!?” I couldn’t stand Jason, and since then have barely grown to like him. He lived a very different life from Ronnie, and I still can’t relate to him. When Ronnie returned in Brightest Day I was so happy. I was hoping that the original Firestorm composed of Prof. Stein & Ronnie would be back. Unfortunately or fortunately for some people Jason was part of the new matrix. Now I don’t hate Jason I just could never relate to him. Although I didn’t get my Firestorm back I got part of him, and now some relatability is back. I’m excited about the stories that will be written, and hoping that Firestorm gets a new series soon!
    Alch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alch21

I like Jason better then the classic duo but, i love the new duo. The thing i didn't like about the old combo was the age difference, to me they didn't feel like equals which i wanted. Good Firestorm storys to be read in the future.
    BDog23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BDog23

I thought having an older person in the matrix was a nice touch, as he was able to offer advice to Ronnie when needed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.