Follow

Firestorm

Character » Firestorm appears in 1152 issues.

Originally a composite being, Firestorm had power over fire and heat, and could alter the atomic structure of objects

Firestorm: Is There A Better Character For Gay Subtext?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain13
    No Caption Provided

• One guy enters another guy
    • Two people share an experience in which they are "one"
    • The whole "flaming" thing
    • Two teenage boys undergo changes in adolescence
    • Their constant bickering seems ripe for sexual tension

I've never supported changing the sexual orientation of a character before, but come on. This one is pretty obvious. Every time I see a Fury of Firestorm cover, this thought pops into my head.

Personally, if I were a writer for DC, I would either

A) Bring Back Gehenna and make her the girlfriend of the main Firestorm character and be the "passenger" in Firestorm. This would mean getting rid or either Ronnie of Jason.

or

B) Make Ronnie and Jason gay. The gay community would support this even if some long time fans didn't. But Firestorm doesn't seem to have that many fans right now anyway, so maybe this would be the perfect time for another reboot?

or

C) Gender swap Ronnie or Jason. Their bickering would make more sense, and "Ronnie" works as a nickname for "Rhonda." I don't know if there is a feminine form for Jason.

I'm sure the DC editors would want to have a say, but what are your thoughts?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Dear lord, no.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.