Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5741 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

Second Official 'Fantastic Four' Trailer Shows More of the Team Plus Doom

• 95 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

We've been seeing a few different TV spots for the upcoming Fantastic Four movie. 20th Century Fox has decided to release one more full trailer before the movie is released on August 7. The first part might look a little familiar to some. We also get more of a look at Doom.

The movie stars Miles Teller, Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara, Jamie Bell, and Toby Kebbell and is directed by Josh Trank.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1  Edited By Cap10nate

I think it looks good. Pretty excited for this. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a generic origin story.

There was also an international version released with a little bit of additional footage.

Loading Video...

batarangbamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Looks entertaining

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

Poor Thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

This, actually looks pretty damn good.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to seeing this.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Looks more generic superhero. I prefered that hard sci-fi of the other trailer.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not feeling it.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being better than AOU.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 k4tzm4n  Moderator

1:29-1:30 = Thing clearly has Gambit's power.

Agreed.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Meh

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks really cool, I'm excited.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

Feeling meh about it, I will see it though.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@k4tzm4n: Hopefully it does lean more to the hard sci-fi since that's what they said they were trying to make and this trailer is just trying to get the regular superhero lot in to the cinema.

wmarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking good!

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
    victorcheenoanleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: OH! Wow I didn't see that till now that looks hilarious lol

Cagnazzo82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully they don't spend the second half of the movie in that CG asteroid land.

The first part of the trailer looked more interesting than the second half. We shall see with this one.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@victorcheenoanleu said:

@k4tzm4n: OH! Wow I didn't see that till now that looks hilarious lol

I also have no idea why there's an explosion when Thing makes that crash landing on what appears to be a regular road. And yeah, hilarious that tank just explodes and totally vanishes instead of, you know, making a strong impact. Remy LeThing!

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The F4 is not really a group i cared much about and none of these kids do anything for me either. As others have mentioned it is looking more and more generic.

werst9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cautiously optimistic, seems like doom is gonna be from the other dimension which i wonder why not use annihilus instead. I love doom but having him be the antagonist 3 straight times is a bit much

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kivatt

Did he try building a teleporter using a N64 controller? That was his first mistake, he should've used a Sega Saturn controller.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a little more intrigued

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Ultimate influences have me sold.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Hopefully it does lean more to the hard sci-fi since that's what they said they were trying to make and this trailer is just trying to get the regular superhero lot in to the cinema.

I really hope so as well. I was looking forward to seeing something different from this movie. Starting to get burned out on super hero origin stories.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk... I'm not going to trash it, but I just can't seem to get excited for this.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I basically agree, but I think if the film actually manages to balance the two it could be pretty epic.

Firedude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Firedude17

Any idea whether this would be in the Fox X-Men Cinematic Universe? Just can't seem to get excited about it if it's a stand alone universe of it's own......

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

I was behind this film for ages, but nothing they are putting out is getting me excited at all, it all feels like pretty generic.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Meh

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any idea whether this would be in the Fox X-Men Cinematic Universe? Just can't seem to get excited about it if it's a stand alone universe of it's own......

I believe it is in the X-Men universe. There have been rumors that they want Singer to direct the sequel and eventual crossover movie, but who knows the validity of those claims.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Looks good. Honestly it was my most anticipated movie

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it looks good.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JonSmith

"If we do this, we do it our way." Could they have picked a more cliche line? I'm not against cliche's, they're cliche for a reason, but we JUST heard that line in the Jurassic World trailer not too long ago. Also, please tell me they haven't finished SFX work on Thing's voice. 'Cause that is not the sound of a man made of rock. Which given the apparent hard Sci-fi this film is claiming to pursue, is a big hit. And how hard could it be to give him pants?! They made a fireproof venting suit for Johnny, they couldn't give Ben a pair of Sextuple X trousers?! Just because he's made of rock doesn't mean he loses all sense of modesty! C'mon!

Doom looks kind of neat though. Kinda worried that between him getting effected by the Negative Zone, his mouth piece, the rest of his general design, and what can be discerned from his plan (trying to bring about the end of the world via bringing the Negative Zone to this dimension, or vice versa), they're trying to make him an amalgam of Doom and Annihilus. Not sure how I feel about that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks super generic.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doctor doom looks meh in my opinion, but i could be wrong though. and why is green krytonite on is body? lol. and is this an alternative version of the thing, because he is naked?

MacBulldog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MacBulldog

I'm really having some trouble is with what it looks like they are doing to Doom. Especially after how Hickman is treating him in Secret Wars.

One of the key character points about Doom is that he is a self-made man. He is ambitious, driven, and in many regards, successful. Which in turn, fuels his arrogance.

He didnt receive powers by a scientific accident; he made his suit. He studiedand mastered the dark arts. He did not become ruler of Latveria by fluke; he took it for himself.

He did not accidentally become God in the Secret Wars. He slayed those who were trying to erase all of existence, succeeded where others failed, and when the opportunity to gain omnipotence - and save whatever remained of existence - was present - he took it, while Strange shirked away.

The last movies failed to capture him accurately, and sadly, it looks like this one will follow suit.

Instead of a complex antagonist - one of Marvel's greatest - we'll get another 2-dimensional cookie cutter villain who might as well be an extra from X-Men Last Stand.

At least Hickman is treating the character right.

luciferjonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best part of any of this is the human torch flame effects, but I do feel like this is going to be a massive bomb at the box office. The buzz is not favorable at all.

So sick of the same protagonists in all of these movies…. luthor, zod, joker, doom.

So much history ignored.

joaoanjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm really having some trouble is with what it looks like they are doing to Doom. Especially after how Hickman is treating him in Secret Wars.

One of the key character points about Doom is that he is a self-made man. He is ambitious, driven, and in many regards, successful. Which in turn, fuels his arrogance.

He didnt receive powers by a scientific accident; he made his suit. He studiedand mastered the dark arts. He did not become ruler of Latveria by fluke; he took it for himself.

He did not accidentally become God in the Secret Wars. He slayed those who were trying to erase all of existence, succeeded where others failed, and when the opportunity to gain omnipotence - and save whatever remained of existence - was present - he took it, while Strange shirked away.

The last movies failed to capture him accurately, and sadly, it looks like this one will follow suit.

Instead of a complex antagonist - one of Marvel's greatest - we'll get another 2-dimensional cookie cutter villain who might as well be an extra from X-Men Last Stand.

One of main worries I have for this film. If they make him another Ronan I'll be pretty pissed off.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

I love the "it's so generic" comments, as if every MCU movie has been very original and unique. Almost every single MCU has been generic in one way or the other.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this movie looks great, and I'm surprised by all the negativity.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the "it's so generic" comments, as if every MCU movie has been very original and unique. Almost every single MCU has been generic in one way or the other.

That's why I was a little bummed out by the trailer. I am getting a little bored of the MCU formula and want something different. This trailer looks like it is in the same vein as the MCU movies. I'm hoping that they are just trying to market it as such because it has proven successful, but that the film has a harder SciFi lean than superhero.

Avatar image for linkueiassassin2099
    LinKueiAssassin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry but the Human Torch isn't black. I hate when they pull this crap just to make a point. Marvel has excellent black characters like Luke Cage, Storm, Black Panther, Blade, Spectrum, Blue Marvel, Misty Knight, War Machine, Night Thrasher, and Bishop so why not just use them

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Very true, but they're often loaded with personality, fun, and spectacle. This trailer did absolutely nothing for me.

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time I look at Invisible Woman, all I think of is Hayden from AHS

Snipergallo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it could be worse, but at least it looks that it will be fun to watch. Now, if I nitpick it, don't dig that much the design of the Thing (and I think his voice is not going to change whe he goes from Ben Grimm to Thing), and still not buying this version of Doom, I wonder if is it really that hard to come up with a way to introduce Dr Doom the proper way he is in the comics, all his technology, arcane arts, narcisism, intelligence and drive that the character has.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are using the Ultimate origin for the movie in which he does receive his powers and metal body (instead of a suit from the 616) from the accident with the N-Zone portal. From Kebbell's interview at SDCC, it doesn't seem like there will be a lot of time spent on his back story and history.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After the BvS and Suicide Squad trailers I can't really get excited about F4. I'll still see it though lol

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
    TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheMantisShrimp

Does anyone else think Ben looks ridiculous without pants? If I was him I would demand Reed make me some comfortable tear resistant stretch pants.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Looks solid

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.