Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5743 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

New 'Fantastic Four' Teaser Trailer and Images

Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

All I'm gonna say for now-

Meh

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I still can't get myself ready for a black Johny Storm...

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

What the hell.........

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Honestly if the Thing wasn't in this I would have no idea that this is a Fantastic Four movie.

Its just to dark and serious looking. Nothing about says the Fantastic Four. It doesn't give off the fun and imaginative feel that the comics create and what they are known for. It just looks like every other sci-fi movie that came out within the last decade.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@husk123 said:

Despite all the ignorant comments on Johnny's race, this look great and I'm looking forward to seeing the actual movie

same here.

MachoMustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#256  Edited By MachoMustachio

It feels like more of a dark science fiction movie than an FF movie, Fox really loves the all black "costumes", why is Ben naked, and saying that's its from the people who did Wolverine:Days of Xavier and Magneto's Past fills with even less confidence than before, that being said it looks okay

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Is this Ultimate FF?

SteelofValyria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not overly enthused about this.

Avatar image for deactivated-63417c6af01d0
    deactivated-63417c6af01d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumburger: I won't be seeing it because of Blogger Doom.

Astro_Zombie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks even then worse then the previous movies. Definitely will not waste my money on this steaming pile of crap.

Avatar image for panchecozarrapastro
    panchecozarrapastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely missed the fantastic four feel...

Bad decision making on the script and bad casting for all main characters! Not bad actors, just not for the roles (Age, looks, etc).

Out of principle, and in hopes that the movie tanks and Marvel gets the rights back and does the movie right, I will not be going to see this at the movie theater.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't bad atll people. People just want to hate it. Go in with an open mind.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry but I just don't care for any of this

stambo42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I would have been more interested in a black Reed Richards.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XMEN franchise is barely getting off its feet and they are already throwing the name on something to give it credit?

Ugh Fox. Terrible. Marvel Studios needs the rights back to this franchise.

Skyhawk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically a whole lot of nothing, about something.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everybody's talking about the black Johnny Storm and I'm just sitting here realizing they left Ben naked. Ben. The guy ashamed of what he looks like. Is walking around without a stitch.

... You ever see those fan redesigns that look cool and edgy and realistic, but completely lose the characters themselves within the redesigns? This reminds me of that.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

As far as Ultimate FF goes this looks pretty good.

I mean it's not going to top anything Jonathan Hickman wrote though.

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
    DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

actually doesn't look bad, very ultimate F4-esque. Only major miscast IMO is miles teller, and kate mara is pretty damn forgettable. I can definitely see Michael B Jordan killing it as Johnny

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It looks like a halo movie.

IAmTheCrowning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By IAmTheCrowning

First off this is a teaser, so people shouldn't expect much, and yes this based off of Ultimate FF.It got me interested. I predict that this will be the sleeper hit super hero film of 2015.

So many haters in these comments, and alot of posters aren't haters cause they have an opinion, we all do.It's the reason behind opinion that is the problem for me "Oh it doesn't feel like FF" it's just a teaser. "They changed things around and I dont like that,so this movie will be crap" I see where the nerd/geek stereotype comes from alot of people on here play it up pretty well.

Also even if this bombs the rights don't revert back to Marvel, and Fox keeps characters for another 7 yrs for the sole fact that fox even made this film .So put that in your pipes and smoke it.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By Winter_Kills

My reaction:

No Caption Provided

luciferjonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fox is as good with super hero movies as they are with "fair and balanced news." this movie looks like a huge 2 hour piece of crap.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dcfox said:

That wasn't terrible. Kind of interesting. Maybe everybody having low expectations will be the best thing to happen to this movie.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

That pretty much met my expectations for the new FF teaser trailer. Which were not high or good at all. Dreary, vague and a tone which is practically alien to what an FF movie should be about. I'll say no more based on the limited scenes we saw in the trailer but this hasn't come close to impressing me as an FF and comic book movie fan.

grinderkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When's Clobbering Time?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do like the fact they are going with the Ultimate FF idea of the teleportation project and it makes sense the military would be interested in the technology and push the project forward.

What I don't get from this trailer is why everyone comes together. Obviously the machine is Reed's so it sort of makes sense he'd be one of the first to go through the first real application but it looks like Sue is working for the military already (which is a fairly good alteration to her character and one I'm interested to see how that works in the team dynamic) but why would Johnny and Ben be there? What aspect of this experiment do they play into?

Also, has it been absolutely confirmed Doom is a hacker? I've seen it around a number of sites but it wouldn't make any sense that Victor is a hacker and they are tracking him in one scene only for him to be part of the team the next. I could him having used the hacker alias Doom at some point in his life and that's how he came to work at the Baxter Building, again pulling from the Ultimate inspiration that the Baxter Building employs/collects brilliant youths from around the planet to push scientific boundaries.

Maybe the scene with Sue is not them looking for Victor because of him being a hacker but in the second experiment (white suits) that's where the teleportation ended up depositing everyone once they got back or that was possibly their landing site to begin with and because the trip went wrong that would account for the military cargo plane flying out to that spot or possibly bringing them back to the US.

For a teaser trailer I'm not going to write the film off yet. It definitely did a good job setting a tone for the film and the style direction we can expect it to go but there is still too much internet rumor and speculation for me to say yea or nay yet. I rather like the idea of the N-Zone and the threat coming from there (possibly with Victor's influence) vice just reusing the idea of the team and Victor coming to blows for the first time. At the least it provides an extremely credible threat that forces the public appearance of the Fantastic Four.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#278  Edited By Cap10nate

Is this Ultimate FF?

Yes. They are utilizing the Ultimate origin as opposed to the 616 origin.

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
    RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

Other than reinforcing all the more the fact that the leads were terribly miscast, this teaser is the first indication that the film might be better than every single piece of information revealed thus far has led us to believe. It has a great aesthetic and is wisely playing up the science aspects over the super-heroics, which is both faithful to the spirit of the comics and the same strategy of genre-spanning which Marvel Studios has wisely employed in recent outings.

Avatar image for deactivated-6212d9bb8a06e
    deactivated-6212d9bb8a06e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fox is Satan.

Avatar image for curse_you_dinkleberg
    Curse_You_Dinkleberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not bad, so far.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Other than reinforcing all the more the fact that the leads were terribly miscast, this teaser is the first indication that the film might be better than every single piece of information revealed thus far has led us to believe. It has a great aesthetic and is wisely playing up the science aspects over the super-heroics, which is both faithful to the spirit of the comics and the same strategy of genre-spanning which Marvel Studios has wisely employed in recent outings.

There are plenty of other counter points and evidence to the contrary but all I need to say is Doctor Doom as a blogger and that says all you need to know about how much of a trainwreck this new FF film is going to be.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By StarBrand1

people are so scared to admit that it looks pretty cool so far, its a little sickening.

Avatar image for psychopsychology
    PsychoPsychology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was that Doom on the table at 1:30?

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

Everybody's talking about the black Johnny Storm and I'm just sitting here realizing they left Ben naked. Ben. The guy ashamed of what he looks like. Is walking around without a stitch.

... You ever see those fan redesigns that look cool and edgy and realistic, but completely lose the characters themselves within the redesigns? This reminds me of that.

his rock peen is teeew big for pants my friend

duh

have some logic

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't get me wrong I like the FF, but to me the best word to sum up this movie would be: unnecessary.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By kfabz-23

Even if it was the best trailer ever invented comic book fans would say it looks awful.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@super_soldierxii:

@jewishdork said:

Good teaser trailer. I really liked the beginning of the Ultimate Fantastic Four run which is what I hear this is based on. It is going to be funny to hear all of the racist comments about Johnny Storm being African American instead of Caucasian.

Why is preferring Johnny Storm's movie persona to remain true to the comic book version we all grew up with "racist"? Enough with the "token" African American in movies in the name of a "faux" political correctness. Damn. To me, that's the more racially insulting gambit in all this.

I would complain far more vehemently were they to bring a white "Blade" to cinema ... for me that would absolutely suck. As would a Caucasian "Storm" (etc. etc.). Would that be the same character to you at all? Absolutely not. It redefines them entirely. It does not remain true to the character's roots ... to how we've envisioned them or to who they are. Race, nationality, sex ... they all have a huge hand in character development like it or not. Noting that does not make one racist, sexist (etc.)

I love Miles' (to lend an example) as the new Ult. Spider-Man because he's not supposed to replace Peter Parker. I like him as his own unique character wearing the "Spider" uniform. And his race is part of what makes him "him". Part of what makes the character who they are, their background what molds them and etc.

I guess some will make truly racist comments out of this, perhaps ... but preferring the character you grew up reading to remain true to their comic book persona is NOT racist simply because it happens to be Caucasian.

100% agree, coming from a black person myself.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I hope this is better than the original f4 movie

iSummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

you all say is crap from trailer and cause human torch is black.you had said the same for miles morales and know all say that miles morales was the only good thing from ultimate universe.chill guys and wait to see the movie

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UGH This is not the FF family I once knew neither they look like FF. They should've come up with another name like FFWANTRFF which stand for FF Who Are Not The Real FF.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

If you went to see the Kingsman over the past week, you may have noticed that a slightly different version of the FF trailer was attached. It had a few extra shots. One included a shot right after it shows Reed reaching out his arm. It shows Johnny and Sue flying in the Negative Zone. Sue has a blue force field around her and she flies right through a giant rock formation, shattering it. Looks like we are going to have a powerful team which is pretty exciting. The footage finally leaked online and is linked below.

VIDEO

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.