Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5743 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

New 'Fantastic Four' Teaser Trailer and Images

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Thing is orange, not dark brown!

Race shouldn't matter dude. :)

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By TheGoddess

For all the dumb racist assholes asking "but how are Sue and Johnny brothers and sisters...?"

JOHNNY IS OBVIOUSLY MIXED..DUH

No Caption Provided

There problem solved. =P

Avatar image for lance2legit2quit
    Lance2legit2quit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was very well shot but we didn't get to see or hear the characters do sh!t and the characters are the main thing everyone's worried about. So bad trailer.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@crimz said:

Nice Chronicle 2 trailer.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Good trailer, but not a FF trailer.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it!

Beata

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awful

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By TheGoddess
    husk123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jewishdork said:

Good teaser trailer. I really liked the beginning of the Ultimate Fantastic Four run which is what I hear this is based on. It is going to be funny to hear all of the racist comments about Johnny Storm being African American instead of Caucasian.

Is it racist to expect a brother and sister with the same biological mother and father to be the same ethnicity? So you'd be cool if they make a Black Panther movie and T'Challa's sister looks like the girl from the Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate package? I would have simply preferred they made BOTH Sue and Johnny black instead of just one of them, it works for the West family on Flash.

No Caption Provided

There's a huge difference, if a black character would be cast as white, people have every right to be mad since there's so few black characters, and who cares if Johnny is cast as black his race was never essential to his character, you still have plenty of other white superheroes on the big screen, get over it.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#210 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:

The Thing is orange, not dark brown!

Race shouldn't matter dude. :)

You're still on this site? I thought you left and just clicked "like" on my facebook posts!

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just like John Campea in AMC Movie Talk says. No matter how good the trailer is, people just want to hate it.

This trailer looked good to you? How?

husk123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite all the ignorant comments on Johnny's race, this look great and I'm looking forward to seeing the actual movie

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By cattlebattle

You're still on this site? I thought you left and just clicked "like" on my facebook posts!

Pffft. I don't use facebook, I do have some dignity after all

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#214 the_stegman  Moderator

@goobot: It did everything a teaser should. Introduced the characters, set a tone, showed some of the action and got me interested. I liked it.

People are hating on it cause it's not the FF they envision.

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblackhood: LOL, Your Response was good. Hahahahah. Your absolutely correct.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@husk123 said:

@theblackhood said:

@jewishdork said:

Good teaser trailer. I really liked the beginning of the Ultimate Fantastic Four run which is what I hear this is based on. It is going to be funny to hear all of the racist comments about Johnny Storm being African American instead of Caucasian.

Is it racist to expect a brother and sister with the same biological mother and father to be the same ethnicity? So you'd be cool if they make a Black Panther movie and T'Challa's sister looks like the girl from the Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate package? I would have simply preferred they made BOTH Sue and Johnny black instead of just one of them, it works for the West family on Flash.

No Caption Provided

There's a huge difference, if a black character would be cast as white, people have every right to be mad since there's so few black characters, and who cares if Johnny is cast as black his race was never essential to his character, you still have plenty of other white superheroes on the big screen, get over it.

What a terrible argument.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:

Pffft. I don't use facebook, I do have some dignity after all

You posted two days ago.... unless I'm confusing you with someone else...

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure you are. A. I don't have a facebook account and B. I don't think I would have any reason to friend you if I did.......you probably think all us white people look alike -___-

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:

I'm pretty sure you are. A. I don't have a facebook account and B. I don't think I would have any reason to friend you if I did.......you probably think all us white people look alike -___-

I don't see race. I only see height.... People under 6 feet are the superior height.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nothing Fantastic Four about that trailer at all. Good idea leaving their BS Doom out of it.

Xenonyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know how I feel about Jessica Alba no longer being Invisible Woman...

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard to judge off that teaser, but I'm still worried for this movie. Lots of reports about the studio not having faith in it and thinking it's bad, the dialogue was good, but the special effects might be very suspect judging by how little we got and how Thing was looking.

I'm surprised people still aren't over Michael B. Jordan though.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

@husk123: to me it was never the problem about Johnny's race, it was that Sue was white as well. It seemed like they wanted a black actor to be Human Torch, but who cares whos Sue. Granted I like the choices of the actors, but this changes certain things about the character's history that are fundemental, they are brother and sister. Make her black. But instead they will mess with their history and make it confusing with audience members. From what ive heard Sue is adopted or somethhing, but it bothers me that they are different races, but if they can convey a good sibling relationship even though one of them is not even blood related, than they did their job right. Now thinking about it, im even more bummed that Sue isn't black because the studio didnt want to force a white-black romantic relationship with Sue and Reed.

Overall I feel like the tone doesnt match who these characters are, but again if they do a good job and make it work than that wont be an issue.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Honestly this could be the best trailer ever made and I'd still be against this movie, I don't care that Johnny is black, or that Thing is CG, or that Sue is adopted or that Reed is young. I can deal with all that what I absolutely cannot forgive is Doom being a f**king blogger. I'm sorry, Doom is meant to be a self made King, anything less simply is not Doom and for that reason alone I will not watch. I've already put up with him just being some shady business man and I ain't doing it again.

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Not seeing it

powerflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

its too dark F4 are suppose to be a fun group with a fun feel. This makes them look too serious when they shouldn't be.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for constantstrange
    ConstantStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not Fantastic Four, but it looks decent. Actually, the only problem I have with it, aside from it feeling more like Chronicle 2 than FF, is the butchering of DOOM. I don't have a problem with a black Johnny, or the fact that the team (Casting wise) as a whole is a little underwhelming... It's turning the great, almighty Dr. Doom into a wussy blogger.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wessaari said:

@husk123: to me it was never the problem about Johnny's race, it was that Sue was white as well. It seemed like they wanted a black actor to be Human Torch, but who cares whos Sue. Granted I like the choices of the actors, but this changes certain things about the character's history that are fundemental, they are brother and sister. Make her black. But instead they will mess with their history and make it confusing with audience members. From what ive heard Sue is adopted or somethhing, but it bothers me that they are different races, but if they can convey a good sibling relationship even though one of them is not even blood related, than they did their job right. Now thinking about it, im even more bummed that Sue isn't black because the studio didnt want to force a white-black romantic relationship with Sue and Reed.

Overall I feel like the tone doesnt match who these characters are, but again if they do a good job and make it work than that wont be an issue.

Yep. It just seems lazy on the part of the studio. People also seem to be picking and choosing part of the argument and making it about not wanting Human Torch to be black while the majority of us are saying that they just should have made BOTH Storms black for the sake of not altering their history.

husk123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wessaari said:

Yep. It just seems lazy on the part of the studio. People also seem to be picking and choosing part of the argument and making it about not wanting Human Torch to be black while the majority of us are saying that they just should have made BOTH Storms black for the sake of not altering their history.

I see where y'all are coming from but literally NO one else has said that they should both just be black up until you two, they've all just been complaining "Why is Johnny black, I lost a white superhero blah blah blah" and really a white and black siblings isn't that hard to grasp, have you never heard of an interracial family?

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Seemed like it was taking itself too seriously to me.

Avatar image for constantstrange
    ConstantStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By ConstantStrange

Also, is anyone worried after watching the trailer, with Trank making this more Sci-Fi than comic-y, of what he is going to do with Galactus? Space Cloud Galactus from FF2 doesn't feel as far fetched in this FF world.

ScreamingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falconer: Huh that did feel awfully familiar in the trailer. That's probably what I was thinking of.

As for the trailer it didn't do anything for me. Could be good, could be bad, not really sure either way. Guess will see once it's released.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@knightsofdarkness2: They did not show Doom there.

Anyway, this trailer looks awesome. I did not have high expectations for this movie, but this trailer got me hyped.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
    Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is preferring Johnny Storm's movie persona to remain true to the comic book version we all grew up with "racist"? Enough with the "token" African American in movies in the name of a "faux" political correctness. Damn. To me, that's the more racially insulting gambit in all this.

I would complain far more vehemently were they to bring a white "Blade" to cinema ... for me that would absolutely suck. As would a Caucasian "Storm" (etc. etc.). Would that be the same character to you at all? Absolutely not. It redefines them entirely. It does not remain true to the character's roots ... to how we've envisioned them or to who they are. Race, nationality, sex ... they all have a huge hand in character development like it or not. Noting that does not make one racist, sexist (etc.)

I love Miles' (to lend an example) as the new Ult. Spider-Man because he's not supposed to replace Peter Parker. I like him as his own unique character wearing the "Spider" uniform. And his race is part of what makes him "him". Part of what makes the character who they are, their background what molds them and etc.

I guess some will make truly racist comments out of this, perhaps ... but preferring the character you grew up reading to remain true to their comic book persona is NOT racist simply because it happens to be Caucasian.

_Genesis_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks better then the other F4 movies.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually think this trailer looks good, of course MCU fanboys hate everything that's not MCU but that's nothing new.

I actually hope this movie is great, so all the people hating on it before it's even out eat shit.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Imagine you knew nothing about the cast prior to this... This trailer is impressive, yes, but I can't tell who is who and what role they play.

I hoped we would get a more family-oriented story, y'know like in the comics. Still impressive though.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@jewishdork said:

I don't think all of the comments about him are necessarily racist. I, personally, am just confused about how they're going to explain him being black when his sister is white. Is he adopted or something?

She's adopted.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By CaptainHoopla

Well, I'm at least more interested in this now than I am the Ghostbusters reboot.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh...

wrongdamnside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was actually better than I expected, which isn't saying much since I wasn't expecting anything. But, I'll hold-off on getting hyped up after they show Victor von Doom..err I mean Domashev.

Koop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This feels very "what if Nolansverse had superpowers" with a mix of interstellar. I dig it though. I'm gonna stay optimistic about this.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better costumes plz.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

The trailer looks fantastic.

RedHush1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I feel like people are beginning to hate any superhero movie that isn't apart of the MCU

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see race. I only see height.... People under 6 feet are the superior height.

lengthist??

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.