Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5741 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

New 'Fantastic Four' Teaser Trailer and Images

Vorien79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

@jewishdork said:

Good teaser trailer. I really liked the beginning of the Ultimate Fantastic Four run which is what I hear this is based on. It is going to be funny to hear all of the racist comments about Johnny Storm being African American instead of Caucasian.

Is it racist to expect a brother and sister with the same biological mother and father to be the same ethnicity? So you'd be cool if they make a Black Panther movie and T'Challa's sister looks like the girl from the Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate package? I would have simply preferred they made BOTH Sue and Johnny black instead of just one of them, it works for the West family on Flash.

No Caption Provided

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@jewishdork said:

Good teaser trailer. I really liked the beginning of the Ultimate Fantastic Four run which is what I hear this is based on. It is going to be funny to hear all of the racist comments about Johnny Storm being African American instead of Caucasian.

I don't think all of the comments about him are necessarily racist. I, personally, am just confused about how they're going to explain him being black when his sister is white. Is he adopted or something?

I don't think they really have to explain anything. our minds should just assume one of them is adoptive because that's the logical explanation, but we always want them to acknowledge these things...that's just how we are. Some media knows this and does something about it. In TMNT leo's voice changed...they said his vocal cords were damaged and moved on in literally 2 seconds never bringing it up again .

CaseyJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like a big part of the movie will feature the FF journeying into the Negative Zone (or whatever they call it), and when writers remember that this is a team of explorers first, superheroes second, that wins me over big time. Looks very good so far.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

*sigh* I hate to give this movie credit for anything, but at least it looks like they're going back to the "imaginauts" theme an FF movie SHOULD have.

greeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

It doesn't really scream "FF" to me.

Exactly...The guy playing Reed doesn't scream Reed Richards from what i saw of him so far in the teaser.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Few things about this trailer that went through my head.

1. It didn't feel like a FF movie. Take away the mention of the team at the end, and you more or less couldn't tell what it was.

2. They're really pushing the success of DOFP onto this movie. They really don't want you to forget they made that movie as well lol.

Aside from those two things, I wasn't looking forward to this anyways. The casting is alright, though I would have changed some of the roles and had Michael B. Jordan be Reed, and the guy playing Reed to be cast as Johnny. Kate Mara has always been forgettable to me in whatever role I saw her in. Love Jamie Bell, but he doesn't seem right for the role of Ben.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

If the fantastic four r being transported to the negative zone then they might as well introduce annihilus and blastarr. Doom's voice sounded impressive though

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still not watching it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#109  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Looks A LOT better than I thought it would. Okay, I'm down.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Looked like the same sci-fi movie trailer i've seen 500 times for various movies. It didnt look bad just didnt have anything that made it stick out.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I will pass.

peregrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 56

Ugh..no..just no...it's like Nolanverse F4

antimutant001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#114  Edited By antimutant001

A vampire diaries version of FF. No wonder why Marvel is rebooting. This movie killed Dr.Doom.Just like superman returns killed superman.

Thor_Ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

Better than what I expected.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Black dude who doesn't like Black Torch here. I look at it like this: the ones who came up with FF were white guys from before black people could vote. If they want to write about a group of white people I am fine with that. Kung Fu movies can be about Chinese people, Apocalypto can have all Native Americans. It's fine. We are talking about mole people and other dimensions here, no need to address the politics of race here. We have plenty of other platforms for that.

Thing finally looks decent. I could never understand why he looked so stupid in the previous two movies. They should never try to dress a normal man up as Thing, Juggs, Hulk, etc. Just use the graphics.

Overall this looks average. I hope it flops. I hope all these non MCU Marvel properties flop and go back home.

Protoflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks better than I thought it would. But then again, I thought it'd just be clerks with found footage and hipster superheroes. And instead of fight scenes there'd be passive aggressive post fighting on reddit. That part where the thing came out of the rock was pretty badass. I just wish one of the characters had said something. But given this is a teaser trailer I can't really gripe it too hard for that. I'd say that the next trailer will cement how I feel about it until its release which, lets be honest, EVERYONE on this website is going to go see, if only to bitch about it earnestly afterwards

eamon542000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By eamon542000

meh, doesn't look any good. When does the Daredevil trailer come out?

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool Morgan Freeman-ish voice.

Other than that, the trailer didnt have anything much. Need to see more content.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So hello to Blackened Human-Torch. He burned too hot. (c)

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm the guy who tends to be veyr postive about most superhero movies. I don't mind the actor they chose for Johnny, i don't even mind if they choose to give things a new kind of direction. But man.... this looked bad. It looks nothing like FF, the narrator was really cliche too, and i don't like the feel. Plus I'm tired of the sciencey blue rays shooting into the sky also.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feels like a DC film, rather than a Marvel one. I never thought I'd say this about the FF reboot, but... I can dig it

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am looking forward to this I don't know why people want Disney to own everything if Sony or Fox didn't give Spiderman, Xmen or Fan Four a chance perhaps Marvel would've gone out of the limelight. I'll go see this movie irrespective of how young or miscasted the actors look because I respect Fox for giving Fantastic four a chance when Disney didn't want to purchase the rights.

CaseyJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See, I absolutely love the Marvel movies and the tone they'be set, but if they've demonstrated anything it's that these superheroic characters and work, and excell, in different genres. Winter Soldier was superheroes in a political thriller, Thor is all about high fantasy adventure, and so on. We haven't really seen a hard sci-if take on these characters, and if you're going to do that with anyone, you damn sure do it with the FF.

Replica2618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Replica2618

I've always been a proud comic book collector for last 28 years but lately I'm trying to distance myself from the community. The rampant racism and sexism of a community that it's been picked on and bullied is pretty sad. Everyone wants a movie that's just like the comic but when a movie that is exactly like the comic like Watchmen comes out, everyone hates it. If you wanted in accurate fantastic four, Reed would be a whole lot older than Sue (look it up), and no one wants a creepy pedophile movie. And everyone's talking about Johnny being adopted without actually looking at the cast list look who's playing Dr. Storm.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loooks at least better than its predecessor

Nightwing1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Nightwing1310

It ok looking. Guess will see how it guess.. @theblackhood: I agree 100%.Should have make both black people would make more sense.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would've preferred a Fantastic Four that was more, oh I dunno, fantastic? Way too dark and Chronicle 2-y for me.

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

and the racist continue not to get that they are racist. well we tried with dear white people and they STILL dont get it sigh...anyways this looks awesome as expected, in fact it blew my expectations out of the water. was my most anticipated film but with the delayed trailer that spot went to the last five years now its back to number one. love the poster and the last scene with all four of them together. sue looks great, johnny is HOT, miles seems to be owning it, need to see more of ben but so far im super extra pumped. let the negativity roll, evil never wins if you read the comics you would know that already lol. KEEP AT IT FOX!!!!!!!! FF FIGHTING!

greeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta be honest, i think the plot has the potential to be good but there is a mismatch with actors cast for the characters. I think that's what is going to kill this reboot.

loppez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you kidding me? Black johnny storm? What's next? White Black Panther? This is wrong.

Smash Brawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch this be the best superhero movie of all time.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks fine, all you haters just want it to bomb and get sent back with Marvel

Not even gonna lie. This is precisely what I want...

Still gonna go see it though.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks great....at least better than the mindnumbing antman trailer

AnthrSpaceSong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:
    No Caption Provided

Seems you get different results but...

One of the places it links back to is right here on ComicVine. Cute.

loppez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By loppez

Despite of that retarded choice of black guy as johnny, the trailer reminds me of Prometheus trailer. I hope it will not be the same story - trailer better then movie .

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

The fact that I hated Days of Future past greatly doesn't help but...

This does not feel in any way like a FF4 movie. The trailer was far better than I had anticipated and I like the Sue Storm casting honestly, but this just isn't FF4. is the Thing really a freaking rock golem?

I'll probably see it with the hopes that it will stick close to the actual FF4 idea, but not feeling to strongly that they will.

and no real DOOM in that trailer? (minus what looked like a maybe doom walking down hall or on the table at the end) meh

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

I was pleasantly surprised by this trailer. Hope the film itself carries the same tone as the teaser. Interest level in this went from 0 to 3. Still feel like casting a black actor as the human torch is gimmicky and cheap but w/e.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

@falconer said:
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Um...

So it's all connected! xD

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falconer said:
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Um...

Hahahahahahahahaa! Great eye!

@dcfox said:

That wasn't terrible. Kind of interesting. Maybe everybody having low expectations will be the best thing to happen to this movie.

That's kinda how I feel

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@opticblast98 said:

It looks fine, all you haters just want it to bomb and get sent back with Marvel

Not even gonna lie. This is precisely what I want...

Still gonna go see it though.

Well then you don't understand how rights work. The fact that this movie has been made means that they won't go back to Marvel no matter how the movie preforms.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks decent. Hoping for the best.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sonova said:

Also I like my Johnny Storm blond haired, Blue Eyed, and since when the hell is he a car mechanic instead of high school heartthrob that doesn't even know how to work a toaster?

Johnny Storm has always been a mechanic -__-

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel should throw them a truckload of money to take their logo off the movie.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

@xwraith said:

It doesn't really scream "FF" to me.

This.

nfareed71024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

trailer not that bad, when i heard about doom this movie was dead to me but this has brought it back to life even if only for a second. it is exactly what to expect from josh trank, dark and gloomy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.