Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5743 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

Is Matt Fraction's run good?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I have seen mixed reviews but I found the volumes in good prices (10$). And I would appreciate your opinions to make up my mind or move on to something other.

So what do you think?

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@squalleon: I was disappointed in it to be honest. I dropped it after 8 or 9 issues. I just found it boring. I heard his FF series was excellent though. I have purchased both though during the buy one, get one sale and plan on reading it as i go through the whole series.

I thought I would like it as it is the family going on an adventure but it just seemed like a let down after Hickman's run.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I was disappointed in it to be honest. I dropped it after 8 or 9 issues. I just found it boring. I heard his FF series was excellent though. I have purchased both though during the buy one, get one sale and plan on reading it as i go through the whole series.

I thought I would like it as it is the family going on an adventure but it just seemed like a let down after Hickman's run.

Yeah, I have heard great things about his FF too. Unfortunately I was looking for a Fantastic four story.

Is Robinson's current run any good? I hear good things about it but I also heard good things about his Earth 2 run which was very meh imo.

kingofnerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Its OK but nothing close to the scale of awesome that Hickman's run was.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I love it. He has done a great job bringing in characters that have a long history with the family and is treating the characters with a lot of respect. I'm glad that he is the one to see them off into the sunset temporarily.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Squalleon

@cap10nate

Its OK but nothing close to the scale of awesome that Hickman's run was.

I see that both of you are comparing it to Hickman's run and I wonder if it is truly mediocre or just not as good as Hickman's and that clouds your judgements.
    I will wait for more responses just to be sure.

@squalleon: I love it. He has done a great job bringing in characters that have a long history with the family and is treating the characters with a lot of respect. I'm glad that he is the one to see them off into the sunset temporarily.

I love his Starman work but other than that I haven't found anything else that excited me from his works. Maybe I will give it a shot cause I am done with the classic FF runs and I want something new.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I would say that Fraction's run is mediocre in its own right and not just because it was a letdown after Hickman.

Have you read Waid's run?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I would say that Fraction's run is mediocre in its own right and not just because it was a letdown after Hickman.

Have you read Waid's run?

I just don't want to believe it :P

Yeap. I have a deep affection for it. The deep understanding of the concept of the family and the witty dialogue makes it my favorite still.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: what about Simonson's run. I have yet to read it but have heard good things. I've started a read through of the whole run and look forward to reading it. I just finished Lee and Kirbys run and ready to see if the decade between it and Byrne's run is as dull as i have heard. I'm hoping to find a hidden gem or two in there.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: what about Simonson's run. I have yet to read it but have heard good things. I've started a read through of the whole run and look forward to reading it. I just finished Lee and Kirbys run and ready to see if the decade between it and Byrne's run is as dull as i have heard. I'm hoping to find a hidden gem or two in there.

It is often -if not always- considered a classic and I have seen it has some great moments (the first Super-hero registration act for example) but I can't find any volume cheaply from a local store. And considering I am not from USA the shipping costs are rediculous to buy it online.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kingofnerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By kingofnerds

It wasn't bad, I just know I wouldn't have finished it if not for the awesome that came before it. Also the ff run along side of it didn't gel well. I think a lot of it is because Hickman made love the kids more than the parents and fraction didnt focus as much on them. The parents are pretty plaid out and I want and need to see more development of the family as a whole.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.