Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5743 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

Help Identify This Classic Fantastic Four Issue, Please!

rama7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey gang,

I'm searching for the issue number for a classic FF issue. It featured The Sphinx. I recall the Thing wanted to fight the Sphinx. The Sphinx talks about how powerful he is. The Thing reminds him that Black Bolt whipped him. The Sphinx says that Black Bolt caught him unaware to which the Thing replies, I don't care if he took your underwear. I've tried Googling that in various ways but the closest thing (no pun intended) that I've found is this image:

http://www.writeups.org/img/inset/Sphinx_and_Thing_h316.jpg

Can someone please identify this issue for me?

Thanks,

rama7

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@rama7: They battle the Sphinx in issues 206-212 or 213. I'm thinking that this scene happens between issues 206 through 208. They are battling the Skrulls at Xander and Sphinx then goes and gets the knowledge of the Worldmind (I think) and becomes nearly all powerful so the FF have to go get Galactus to fight him. I think it is early in the arc because once he becomes all powerful, the FF don't interact with him much as they are dealing with Terrax and are being rapidly aged. Issue 207 focuses on Johnny who is not with them so I think the best chance for what you are looking for is 208 and the runner up is 206. I don't remember much of their encounters in the later issues of the arc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.