Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5741 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

Fantastic Four Today

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7f2fa82769d
    deactivated-5c7f2fa82769d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As a FF fan, I know that the first marvel family isn't very popular nowadays. In your opinion, do you see the Fantastic Four as still relevant or are they washed up in comparison with all the many other teams? Also, who is your favorite member of the team? Mine just so happens to be the Thing, but for particular issues it easily transcends to Mr. Fantastic or the Invisible Woman (all three are in my marvel top 5).

No Caption Provided

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any team or character can be rejuvenated with the right team behind them. I love Johnny the most

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Yassassin

I've never really seen this dated aesthetic that people often attach to the foursome. They're not as rooted in the 60's as people make them seem, hell a few of there best stuff happened in the 80's an as the ongoing success of Rebirth Superman along with Supersons shows, comic fan clearly aren't disinterested with the family vibe that FF is associated with.

They just need a great new run, maybe Morrison, they seem up his alley.

My favorite member is Sue or Reed; I like Ben, but only when he doesn't have an orange chip on his shoulder. Johnny stop being cool to me after he was made into a vapid, Spider-Man clone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7f2fa82769d
    deactivated-5c7f2fa82769d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15: Yeah, I see the FF as a little more consistent and less saturated than a lot of the newer teams out today. They are kept simple and are not filled to the brim. However, they were indeed the primary Marvel force of the 60s as they started the onset of many Marvel household names (i.e. the Inhumans).

Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is nothing wrong with the FF, they can still be relevant. They do need some updating in certain things, but noting drastic.

The focus needs to come off Reed. Too many villains are focused on him only and the others are too reliant on his inventions saving the day.

Ben needs a powerup, he used to give Hulk a decent fight and now he can't even touch him.

Some updates to some villains is needed e.g. Wizard, Red Ghost, Mole Man etc.

Make them permanently the Future Foundation as Hickman made a great way to expand the team beyond the four in a natural way. It gives the opportunity for a larger roster as having only 4 can be limiting.

Favourite member is Sue, and she is my favourite superhero in general (give her a solo Marvel!)

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They are still relevant, the first Marvel family team deserve more love.

Count_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Count_Dante

We’re The Incredibles not relevant? I’d say it’s all in the execution.

Agree with @Crimz on many of his update ideas.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.