Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5743 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

Fantastic Four reboot cast idea

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sunhawk

Jeff Goldblum as Reed Richards

Amanda Tapping as Sue Storm

Jesse Spencer as Jonny Storm

Micheal Chiklis again as The Thing

and Hugo Weaving as Victor von Doom

since the reboot doesn't have to be an origin story like what the second hulk movie did. then we can use older actors.

Harryman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Harryman

@sunhawk said:

since the reboot doesn't have to be an origin story like what the second hulk movie did. then we can use older actors.

Nice, but Rain (Korean pop dude) could be Richards dude...

spiderpool94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By spiderpool94

Anyone but Amanda Tapping. ANYONE.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KnightRise

@Harryman said:

@sunhawk said:

Waht. Old boy from Ninja Assassin?

Harryman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Harryman

@KnightRise said:

@Harryman said:

@sunhawk said:

Dude... ethnicity doesn't matter...Rain is a method actor...he trumps every damn actor in Hollywoood now..

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Mucklefluga

@sunhawk said:

I reckon it will be an origin story but i HOPE it isn't. And i think Hugo won't play another comic book character for a while after what he said about being Red Skull.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

I have a feeling that this new movie's going to have a younger FF. Ultimate style.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KnightRise

@Harryman said:

@KnightRise said:

@Harryman said:

@sunhawk said:

Dude... ethnicity doesn't matter...Rain is a method actor...he trumps every damn actor in Hollywoood now..

I didn't say anything about his ethnicicty....he's an odd choice, A) because he looks so young and B) I've seen Ninja Assassin and Speed Racer. His acting is underwhelming.

Harryman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Harryman

@KnightRise said:

@Harryman said:

@KnightRise said:

@Harryman said:

@sunhawk said:

I didn't say anything about his ethnicicty....he's an odd choice, A) because he looks so young and B) I've seen Ninja Assassin and Speed Racer. His acting is underwhelming.

Speed Racer is for rednecks..Ninja Assassin on the other hand is an underrated masterpiece...

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Video_Martian

@Gambit1024 said:

I have a feeling that this new movie's going to have a younger FF. Ultimate style.

Maybe...

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Chaos Burn

bad cast list... sorry, my opinion

Avatar image for omegathedestroyer
    OmegaTheDestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Version

Director – Brad Bird

Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) – Eion Bailey

Invisible Woman (Sue Storm) – Abbie Cornish

Human Torch (Johnny Storm) – Colton Haynes

The Thing (Ben Grimm) – Ryan Hurst

Doctor Doom (Victor Von Doom) – Benedict Cumberbatch

Alicia Masters – Michelle Williams

Namor the Sub-Mariner (Namor McKenize) – Tahmoh Penikett

Super-Skrull – Sala Baker

Silver Surfer (Norrin Radd) – Luke Goss

Galactus – Christopher Lee (voice)

Uatu the Watcher - Phil LaMarr (voice)

catfightfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By catfightfan

This is the first time that I have seen Amanda Tapping nominated to play Sue Storm and I have read threads like this one on many different boards. I could definitely live with Amanda, as I liked her in Stargate SG-1, but she would not be my first choice. Goldblum is an interesting one for Reed Richards. I remember him from Jurassic Park. Again, I could live with him, but would probably prefer someone else. Many seem to like Chiklis as the Thing. Again, I can deal with that. As for the Torch, I do not know Jesse Spencer, so I cannot comment. Personally, I really want the new Captain America actor to return as the Torch, but I suppose that is very unlikely. Chris Evans was absolutely perfect as Johnny Storm in the first two films. He was the only one that I thought truly stood out, though I thought everyone did an acceptable job at playing their parts. How about Amy Adams as Alicia Masters with her lovely red hair, though if she had blonde hair she could pass very easily for Sue Storm with her pretty blue eyes and fair skin?

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BR_Havoc

I do not really have a cast in mind but I do hope that for the reboot of the movies they have the team older, With Sue and Reed already married.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JonSmith

@BR_Havoc said:

I do not really have a cast in mind but I do hope that for the reboot of the movies they have the team older, With Sue and Reed already married.

It won't be. If Marvel can't tolerate MJ and Peter in the comics anymore(obligatory: **** YOU QUESADA!), there's no way a movie with a married couple is going to go through. Though I'd really like to see it.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BR_Havoc

@JonSmith said:

@BR_Havoc said:

It won't be. If Marvel can't tolerate MJ and Peter in the comics anymore(obligatory: **** YOU QUESADA!), there's no way a movie with a married couple is going to go through. Though I'd really like to see it.

Its sad but you are right. As much as I believe that the FF comics got stronger after Sue and Reed got married and at this point there marriage is so critical to the team and the comic its self. Fox will want a clean origin story but maybe they could do a trilogy first movie Sue and Reed get together, second then get married and the third she gets pregnant and has Franklin.

Quesada was a fool ruin Peter and MJ the way he did, I mean he took the JMS written Peter that was more of an adult( and the book was selling HUGE) and said NO Peter has to be a 30 year old man child and how did that effect the books sales in a pretty negative way. I just hope Slott gets them back together after this whole Superior Spider-Man arc is finished.

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rabidwolfdog

I'd like to seee Noah Wyle play Mr.Fantastic, big fan of his, one of the reasons I like Falling Skies

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I'd like to see an unknown given the Doom role, fed up of seeing obvious casting in the villain roles, like Hugo Weaving in Cap who in my opinion was the worst part of that movie and the worst villain in Phase 1.

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rabidwolfdog

@OmegaTheDestroyer said:

My Version

Ok it looks like Me and you agree, Opie from SOA should be Ben Grimm, hes got the size and attitude. At work I pondered this. So.... heres my Verison

Mr. Fantastic - Noah Wyle

Sue Storm - Anna Torv

Johnny Storm - Alex Pettyfer

Ben Grimm - Ryan Hurst

Namor- Jay Chou

Dr. Doom - Wes Bentley

Mole Man - Tom Waits

Moloid General - Doug Jones

Director - Roland Emmerich ( Day After Tomorrow, ID4, 2012)

Writen by Mark Waid

Avatar image for omegathedestroyer
    OmegaTheDestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rabidwolfdog said:

@OmegaTheDestroyer said:

My Version

Ok it looks like Me and you agree, Opie from SOA should be Ben Grimm, hes got the size and attitude. At work I pondered this. So.... heres my Version

Yeah I think he would be great in the role. I was trying to find actors capable of playing Reed, Doom, and Ben that were around the same age but still somewhat older then Sue and around 10 years older then Johnny so I was really happy to find Benedict Cumberbatch and Ryan Hurst were the same age, Reed is a little tougher for me to decide on but Eion Bailey can do it.

manifestpanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By manifestpanda

There's a lot of options, the reboot cast is a great Ultimate FF cast, which is what I think they're going for. Although I don't know if they have chemistry or if Trank will be able to make it seem like they do. I think the only gripe people have (besides the blatant racism disguised as nerd rage straw man arguments) is that they're too young to play the main continuity cast, which is correct. I really hope we do eventually get a true to form Fantastic Four movie with a proper adventurous and epic tone, directed by someone talented, and with a really solid cast that works well together.

Obviously people's fan casts for FF have included talented actors like Charlize Theron/Invisible Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch/Mister Fantastic, and Hunter Parish/Human Torch. Bruce Willis and mma guys always get brought up when the Thing is being cast, it confuses me that just because Chikilis already looked like the thing that now the standard procedure is "they should cast a short bald guy".

My dream cast for the team could take place in the 60's as a period piece (which Fox should have done now that the first class team is working out for them) or in a present day the way I assume even Disney would do it.

Jon Hamm as Reed Richards, he's proven he works well in the 1960's with Mad Men and he has a confident charisma that could give Mister Fantastic that sort of tasteful reinvention that Downey managed to do with Iron Man.

No Caption Provided

And while Theron is a good choice, I think Elizabeth Banks as Susan Storm could bring a lot to the table regarding her personality, I feel like she could bounce lines off the actors really well and not come off as this antiquated damsel in distress, but I do agree that Theron would probably pull off the action scenes like a badass.

No Caption Provided

I agree with people that think Hunter Parish looks like Johnny Storm, but he never exuded fun like Michael B. Jordan does. I think Chris Evans did a really good job. So this one is a toss up, I like Jordan but if we were trying to appease the source material "purists" then I would say that Dean Franco embodies that cockiness.

No Caption Provided

My ideal Ben Grimm is a fan casting list favorite for just about everything, and it's a testament to his versatility as a grump. I think Karl Urban, due to his portrayal of Dredd and to a lesser extent Bones from Star Trek, would make a great Thing.

No Caption Provided

Because regardless of how crazy everyone is about Ben looking like the thing before he even transforms, he was just a brown haired depression era boxer from Yancy Street.

No Caption Provided

Victor Von Doom really should be European, I've heard Clive Owen before and it might work, Mads Mikkelsen from hannibal would be an incredible choice the very best Doom in my opinion would be Cristoph Waltz, He just has that classy and flamboyant rage within him. Not to mention his accent. Also, Bill Nigh would be a great voice actor if we introduced Doom already in his suit in the franchise.

No Caption Provided

I like the guy they're getting to play mole man in the reboot, I believe he was in O' Brother Where Art Thou? and played the Leader that never was in the Norton Incredible Hulk movie. However, Andy Serkis (gollum) could do an amazing job. I also think Max Von Sydow (the priest from the exorcist who is still alive right now) sounds just like all the old cartoon galactus'.

Avatar image for williamdoecke31
    WilliamDoecke31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if you want to go young, like early to mid twenties, why not and hear me out

- Dylan O'Brien as Reed Richards. As well as looking the part (in my opinion) he's a good actor who can do leaders (the Maze Runner) and anti social nerds (The Intern). he has great comedic timing, looks good in glasses without looking like a model, and heaps of people were gutted when he wasn't the next spider man (props to Tom Holland though), so maybe this could be his second chance at grabbing a superhero role.

Height: 1.78 m

- Britt Robertson as Susan storm. She looks the part, is a good actress, would have great chemistry with Dylan O'Brien (pretty sure the date currently) and my mention for Johnny Storm, and although tomorrowland was controversial with its reviews i think she was one of the best parts of that movie. it also shows she can play a smart young woman.

Height: 1.6 m

- Colin Ford as the Human Torch. Just wait before you hate, i think he would make a great Johnny Storm, in interviews he has great charisma, he looks the part (maybe just die his hair), he also has good chemistry with Britt Robertson having co starred in under the dome.

Height: 1.78 m

- Brenton Thwaites as Ben Grimm. Again like the others, he looks the part and he can act. he's been in a few bad movies like the giver where he's arguably the best part and hes been in good movies such as Oculus where again, one of the best parts of the movie.

Height: 1.87 m

As you can see i also listed there heights and ages, Reed, Sue, and Ben are roughly the same age ( i know in the comics reed is a bit older than sue but Britt Robertson could pass for younger then her current age), and Johnny is the youngest by a few years.

Also their heights are pretty accurate Ben is tall and muscular, Reed is tall-ish and lanky, Johnny is nearly reeds height and a bit lanky, and sue is a bit smaller than all of them. that's pretty comic accurate as well.

To sum up, as well as having the acting chops to pull off their characters, and having plenty of charisma between all of them to carry a film, and plus the chemistry, they all are pretty comic book accurate looking. You could argue that some of them have already found a fair bit of fame but i think that they are just famous yet just unknown enough (none of them have yet to be typecast) to pull this off and this could be a breakout roll.

Dont have a doom but whatevs bro

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Frank Grillo as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic
    • Paula Patton as Sue Storm/Invisible Woman
    • Sam Claflin as Johnny Storm/The Human Torch
    • Tom Hardy as Ben Grimm/The Thing
    • Leonardo Dicaprio as Victor Von Doom/Dr. Doom
    gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it should be made by marvel, the four should be kids with different powers and costumes and should be called the power pack cause the actual fantastic 4 should stop being tortured with bad films

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.