Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5740 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

Fantastic Four Film

venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If by some miracle Marvel reacquires the rights to the fantastic four and you were asked to give suggestions to the producers/director what would you tell them to ensure we finally get the Fantastic Four done right?

Personally I'd go with a suggestion lots of people have been making and make the MCU Four contemporaries of Hank Pym. Say they were massively popular public figures during the cold war, but they disappeared in some kind of time travel incident before reappearing in the modern day MCU. There is a lot of potential with this plotline. You could use it as a big metaphor for the FF as a whole. The biggest problem facing the FF is while they were revolutionary in the sixties they can seem rather run of the mill. For example there could be a few scenes that show how the modern world has rendered their super-gadgets obsolete. Maybe in a world of higher gas prices the fantasti-car is too expensive to drive. Smart phones can do everything their supercomputers could. H.E.R.B.I.E just can't keep up with modern A.I.s like Jarvis, Friday and Ultron. Perhaps as a little bit of a gut punch when the news first announces the fantastic four's return we could cut to some civilians going "who?"

Then just when things seem like they couldn't get any worse and the FF might even be getting a little jealous of the Avengers, they meet one of the modern day heroes stealing their thunder and said hear goes completely fanboy! Maybe Reed Richards is the reason Bruce Banner got into science. Maybe some version of the Things fight with the champion occurred in the past and when Thor heard about it he looked upon Ben Grimm as one of the greatest warriors to ever live. Maybe Tony Stark intentionally mimics the Human Torch as a "celebrity superhero." Maybe Spider-man has their poster on his wall. Maybe Star-lord stops by and not only does he remember these guys from his time on Earth, but there are parts of the galaxy where there still legendary. Eventually while showing their fan around the Baxter Building said fan picks up some random gadget and ask's "What's this?" and the four reply "Oh that's just a Skrull detector I'm sure there are much better one's now." "What's a Skrull?" they ask.

Cue horrified expressions as it turns out earth has a massive skrull infestation. It's up to the FF to root them out as there the only one have any experience dealing with skrulls. The climax would of course be an epic battle with the Super-skrull. The after credits scene is of course Dr. Doom.

This would also add another bad guy faction to the MCU so we could stop seeing hydra as the bad guy in everything.

venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By venomyak

A statement I've heard and agree with is that the FF works best when treated seriously instead of comedy, but still optimistic in tone.

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's not a bad plot considering how a movie sorrounding avoiding being a modern weaponized super family was not well received. Love the skrulls approach with doom being a sequel villain not a first movie villain. The man out of time angle is kinda Caps things tho.

Now If marvel did finally get rights to the first family I would suggest a few things... when it comes to origins I like the ultimates travel to another dimension better than the space travel, but I can see how they might want more power cosmic origins introduced I just think dimensional travel shows Reed's genius better.

The main deal would be better handling of Doom's character in said sequel and even MCU is having trouble with great villain writing but I have faith they do him justice. He isn't given superpowers he takes power, he takes his country, he learns sorcery, and he invents his own world dominating weapons

Also Ben Grimm is the most beloved hero within the superhero community. His brooklyn tough attitude might be outdated but that's gotta be portrayed in the movie. Reed and Sue's genius I feel like was adequately displayed in the 2015 movie and that's also important.

Rock_Hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Fantastic Four doesn't need to go to the MCU to have a good film. They just need someone in charge of the project that has a good vision of what the team is meant to be.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The FF has a pretty great cast of Villains.

Sucks they aren't getting a movie anytime soon.

Beata

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@spidey_jackson: Yeah it really does hurt me to see my fav Marvel team in such a state smh. If only they were in the MCU....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.