Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5743 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

Do you think the Fantastic four will ever get a new ongoing series again?

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By kcomicfan

Poll Do you think the Fantastic four will ever get a new ongoing series again? (31 votes)

YES 81%
    NO 10%
    I don't know 10%

Do you think we will ever get a new Fantastic Four ongoing?

• 
    TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Yes but it might be a few years though.

Hopefully Marvel won't reboot it with completely different characters.

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

no

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

When or if Marvel gets the movies rights back, maybe. They're really hung up on erasing everything they don't own in the movies department from their image. Like wtf?

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

They'll definitely get an ongoing again.

There is no need to publish a book right now as it doesn't help with properties that they own. The new Inhumans books will sell just as well as an FF book would at the moment and it helps improve that brand. The longer they keep the FF on the shelf, the bigger the bump the book will see whenever a new number 1 is released so it is a no lose scenario for Marvel. They left the door wide open for them to come back at the end of Secret Wars.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Just read this on CBR.

Brevoort: That said, and this is another conversation we've had in retreats and elsewhere, and I think we've even talked about it if not in these "Secret Wars" chats, then in other recent chats about previous event books. "Fantastic Four" has been one of those books that, for a number of years, has been effectively taken for granted. It's been considered stodgy, or old school, or some people see it as a thing that's there and people are comfortable because it's there, but they're not particularly passionate about it.

So we're not going to have that book for a while. We didn't have a Thor book for a while. We did"Avengers Disassembled" and Thor went away. For a couple of years, there was absolutely no Thor book, and when Thor came back, it was a huge book. It continues to be a huge book to this day. I think that absence was part of what made people cherish its return, and then it was just having great talent to execute that return. If the same sort of thing happens with Fantastic Four that would not be the worst thing in the world.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course they will.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Lets be honest some pretty obscure characters are getting their own titles right now and nobody would have expected to ever get a Squadron Supreme ongoing a few years back. With two members of the team currently appearing on one or more games and their nemesis still around its really only a matter of time, before Marvel tries another book with their original team.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course someday.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Obviously

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Yes Many.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Eto

10 months passed and still nothing.

Rock_Hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Eventually.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eventually.

Beata

Count_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but I would prefer it to happen after Alonso and Brevoort depart Marvel. I hate the current state of Marvel. It was once my favorite comic company, but the stuff they are putting out now is awful.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@count_dante: agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if Bendis would write FF which is a HARD NO for me.

It's been almost 2 years since this thread was originally made and now we're getting "Two-in-one".....

Lame Marvel, real lame.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
    deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:

@count_dante: agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if Bendis would write FF which is a HARD NO for me.

It's been almost 2 years since this thread was originally made and now we're getting "Two-in-one".....

Lame Marvel, real lame.

I really don't understand why Marvel can publish Two-in-One but not a Fantastic Four book. Do they think a comic with Johnny and Ben will sell better than the FF reunion book fans have been waiting for for two years now? Because no

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ms__omega

I hope so

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52: It also doesn't help that it's written by a writer I don't like, so yeah a pass for me.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Disney too petty.

Count_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: Yes, please no Bendis on the FF. The FF has been deeply disrespected by Marvel over the last decade or so. Yes, there have been a few writers that have done it justice, but my overall sense is that the current Marvel bullpen simply doesn't like the FF and what it stands for. For those of us that are fans, the FF has been badly maligned at times by Marvel for reasons myself and others simply don't understand. It is a flagship title and the characters have a long history in the Marvel Universe. I wonder what it is about the FF that current Marvel hates aside from it not being under Marvel cinematic control?

Count_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't understand why Marvel can publish Two-in-One but not a Fantastic Four book. Do they think a comic with Johnny and Ben will sell better than the FF reunion book fans have been waiting for for two years now? Because no

@scott_summers52: I don't understand either. In addition to MTIO doing a "HalftAsstic Four" complete with a 2 logo in the old FF circle, the next issue of MoonGirl is doing a story arc entitled "Fantastic 3". And that has a 3 logo! It's as if the FF has been kicked down to b-team guest status to help transition older readers to these awful new titles by Marvel. No offense, I'm sure MoonGirl is adorable, but why not team them up with Valeria or Franklin? MoonGirl seems to be just a different version of Valeria anyway. I don't feel motivated to support titles that use the FF simply as guests to prop the title up with older fans. That seems like a cheap ploy to me.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea I'm sure we won't get one in the next 20 years -_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52 said:

@scott_summers52: I don't understand either. In addition to MTIO doing a "HalftAsstic Four" complete with a 2 logo in the old FF circle, the next issue of MoonGirl is doing a story arc entitled "Fantastic 3". And that has a 3 logo! It's as if the FF has been kicked down to b-team guest status to help transition older readers to these awful new titles by Marvel. No offense, I'm sure MoonGirl is adorable, but why not team them up with Valeria or Franklin? MoonGirl seems to be just a different version of Valeria anyway. I don't feel motivated to support titles that use the FF simply as guests to prop the title up with older fans. That seems like a cheap ploy to me.

Marvel is practically mocking FF fans at this point. Really sad to see where the company is now that they continue to publish the Moon Girl book despite its horrible sales, yet refuse to give us a Fantastic Four series (which, even at its lowest sales, still outsold what Moon Girl is selling today).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:

@scott_summers52: It also doesn't help that it's written by a writer I don't like, so yeah a pass for me.

Yeah, I don't really like Chip Zdarsky either... His writing style doesn't seem to fit serious stories.

I just want Jonathan Hickman back

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Yassassin

Now, yeah, hopefully it's not by some blogger or non fiction writer.

Count_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Count_Dante

I think they will eventually come back. The question for me is - how *should* they be brought back? Is the problem with the idea of a family of cosmic adventurers, or is it Marvel's handling of the characters?

My current concern is that Marvel, under its currently leadership, will simply mess it up. If the FF returns, it will need top talent. I love the FF concept. I just hate what Marvel did with it over the years leading up to the hiatus.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.