Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5741 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

Best comics starring Invisible Woman or the Thing?

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I haven't read any Fantastic Four comics really, but I've always thought Sue and Ben seemed like cool characters. Any recommendations?

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@safefruitcake: Are you looking for comics that feature them that are not Fantastic Four comics, or would you also like Fantastic Four comics as well?

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cap10nate:

Either's good, just any comic with them in a primary role really.

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@safefruitcake: Sorry. I have been out of the country for work and haven't had a chance to respond. I'm having a hard time thinking of stories for them outside the FF worth reading. Ben was a main character in Marvel Two-In-One published a long time back, but I have yet to get around to reading that. He was also in some of Bendis' Avengers, but I don't think much of it was memorable. Sue is not used outside the FF nearly as much as she should. She was a main guest star in last month's S.H.I.E.L.D. issue 4. It is an impressive display of her powers. Other than that, she appears as a supporting character in the Time Runs Out arc, but doesn't get to shine much although she plays an important role to the plot.

As for FF stories, there are tons to pick from, but I need a little bit of time to go through and pick out ones that feature Ben and Sue over Reed and Johnny. I'll just say now that Hickman's run does a great job with Sue and expanding her role in the team.

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cap10nate: Thanks! I’ll take a look into Hickman’s FF and check out S.H.I.E.L.D. #4 in the meantime, but no rush/pressure to find recommendations. I appreciate your help.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@safefruitcake: Here is a cool list that I found of the Thing's best stories. As I mentioned earlier, a lot of these come from Marvel Two-In-One. The ones from Stan and Jack's FF run are fantastic. The assault on the Baxter Building contains one of my favorite comics moments of all time with the conclusion involving Ben. Issue 51 is a classic. I really want to read the Two-In-One issues, but have yet to get around to it.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2010/05/31/the-greatest-thing-ben-grimm-stories-ever-told/

For Sue, she gets her big push in John Byrne's run and is heavily featured in Hickman's run as well. She is a great character in the early Stan/Jack issues, but she doesn't get a lot of time to shine. Most of her contributions are behind the scenes and subtle.

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cap10nate: Thanks! I really appreciate the help. That list is definitely going to be useful.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@safefruitcake: Sure thing. I'm currently in the process of reading through the whole so series so I will make sure I post if I come across great stories featuring these two.

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.