Follow

Fantastic Four

Movie » Fantastic Four released on August 07, 2015.

The failed 2015 reboot of the Fantastic Four franchise directed by Josh Trank.

"The Power of Four" is Shown in New Fantastic Four Commercial Spot

• 62 results
    blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By blackkitty

My issue with this is... this is the first film I've ever seen where they explicitly told the actors NOT to read the comic. And... why the hell are Sue and Johnny different colors? Aren't they brother and sister?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 rogueshadow  Moderator

@kfabz-23: Most of the FF comics I read I read as a child, so lots of Stan Lee's/Ditko's stuff, I'd like to see them go back to basics and do the origin film (unfortunately, I don't think the general audience likes or knows much about them, they just remember vaguely those two sh*tty movies that came out, this might) going full old school with Moleman, FF vol.1, or, even though it's been done, I wish they'd fix Galactus and do SS, but it probably won't happen because of all the stink attached to the old films.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By kfabz-23

@rogueshadow: I think F4 are best to be kept in comic books. Their stories are extreme overboard ridiculous, but I do think this movie will be good. Silver Surfer would be better off at the MCU, it's a shame he won't be a part of Infinity Wars.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@kfabz-23 said:

@rogueshadow: I think F4 are best to be kept in comic books. Their stories are extreme overboard ridiculous, but I do think this movie will be good. Silver Surfer would be better off at the MCU, it's a shame he won't be a part of Infinity Wars.

So are Dr Strange stories, Thor stories etc, they can be translated, it's just harder than something like the Punisher, but it could be done with the right creative team.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I don't think they've translated Thor well, and were yet to see Dr. Strange.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 rogueshadow  Moderator

@kfabz-23 said:

@rogueshadow: I don't think they've translated Thor well, and were yet to see Dr. Strange.

I disagree on Thor, TDW was poor, but I like Thor a lot in his first stand-alone as well as in the Avengers films.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: we didn't get to see heavy Thor aspects on any of the Avengers films, so I can't even count The Avengers films. I personally just dislike the MCU Thor franchise, it's just terrible IMO and part of that is because they don't go full on with it. I feel like they give us 40% Thor and 60% of something that takes away a lot from the character. So in conclusion Thor is among the comic book characters that can't be translated well to movies IMO. When I'm proven wrong with a good Thor movie I'll say maybe there's hope with F4.

What F4 storyline do you think is doable and that the casual fans will love it as well. Because I always here fans say this isn't the F4 I love but their comic books don't even sell well. A change is what F4 needs and hopefully the movie delivers.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 rogueshadow  Moderator

@kfabz-23 said:

@rogueshadow: we didn't get to see heavy Thor aspects on any of the Avengers films, so I can't even count The Avengers films. I personally just dislike the MCU Thor franchise, it's just terrible IMO and part of that is because they don't go full on with it. I feel like they give us 40% Thor and 60% of something that takes away a lot from the character. So in conclusion Thor is among the comic book characters that can't be translated well to movies IMO. When I'm proven wrong with a good Thor movie I'll say maybe there's hope with F4.

What F4 storyline do you think is doable and that the casual fans will love it as well. Because I always here fans say this isn't the F4 I love but their comic books don't even sell well. A change is what F4 needs and hopefully the movie delivers.

Tons of them, there's no base for which will be good based on how crazy the premise may seem, it's all about how it is realised, the craziest, most insane plot just makes it harder, it is leagues away from being impossible to adapt, far weirder films have been successful and good, it's just difficult. The fact you don't like the Thor films means we fundamentally disagree, because I still think the first Thor was really good.

Regardless of how true it is to the sm, I'm not going to see it simply because it doesn't do anything for me, the trailers make it look like it'll be a spiritual sequel to chronicle and just another decent sci-fi film, nothing whatsoever is striking about it, it's all very paint by numbers.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: fair points, but give it a shot you never know.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ht101 said:

Am I a terrible person for wanting this to fail so Marvel can get the rights back?

That's what everyones hoping for.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#62  Edited By The Impersonator
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.