Follow

Fantastic Four

Movie » Fantastic Four released on August 07, 2015.

The failed 2015 reboot of the Fantastic Four franchise directed by Josh Trank.

"The Power of Four" is Shown in New Fantastic Four Commercial Spot

• 62 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

A new TV spot hit the web, over the weekend, for Josh Trank's Fantastic Four reboot. The film opens up on August 7, and from the looks of the trailers, so far, the traditional Fantastic Four is here with quite a few changes.

The film stars Kate Mara as Sue Storm, Miles Teller as Reed Richards, Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm, Michael B Jordan as Johnny Storm, and Toby Kebbell as Doom. Check out the new tv spot for yourselves.

The official synopsis is below:

THE FANTASTIC FOUR, a contemporary re-imagining of Marvel’s original and longest-running superhero team, centers on four young outsiders who teleport to an alternate and dangerous universe, which alters their physical form in shocking ways. Their lives irrevocably upended, the team must learn to harness their daunting new abilities and work together to save Earth from a former friend turned enemy.

The new Fantastic Four hits theaters on August 7th, 2015.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By flameboy298

Looks like a Generic Superhero film to me except its SciFi mixed in.I have yet to see any Comic book film that delves deep like The Dark Knight that isn't just some good guy beating the bad guy.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

I saw about 3 seconds of new footage lol, the rest was what we've already seen.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks about the same. I can't afford movies anyway but I'll be interested in how it does.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By flameboy298

@kfabz-23 said:

@flameboy298: Watchmen?

Watchmen,and maybe some of the X-men films they try to have deep meaning. They're only a handful of Superhero movies that are like that.However the general Audience doesn't need a Superhero movie to have deeper meaning. They will literally eat anything Hollywood throws at them Fast and Furious,Transformers makes millions at the box office.One could argue though they're going for just the action,sense most of these films have minimal to no story and are at times mindless action.It's still crazy to me how some of these movies make millions of dollars when they're all pretty generic.

lkk102466

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23:

dude, seriously be cool about watchmen. there's probably a dozen psychos trying to figure a way they can reboot it all to hell.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Well sounds like once against Dr. Doom will be the villain, I am a bit disappointed by that.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dr. Doom as a character but he has been the villain for Fantastic Four in the movie far too often. Both the original Fantastic Four movies had him as a villain. They could perhaps changed it up a bit and gone for Annihilus specially when the story seem so well connected with the discovery of negative zone.

But I am assuming Fox has their own plans.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Srs. Fox needs a tv spot or trailer with different clips. Everything has been the same from the first trailer.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it might be better than expected however this trailer was more of the same

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Well sounds like once against Dr. Doom will be the villain, I am a bit disappointed by that.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dr. Doom as a character but he has been the villain for Fantastic Four in the movie far too often. Both the original Fantastic Four movies had him as a villain. They could perhaps changed it up a bit and gone for Annihilus specially when the story seem so well connected with the discovery of negative zone.

But I am assuming Fox has their own plans.

I'm thinking that Annihilus will be used in the sequel when they go back to explore the negative zone. I can see them showing Annihilus as a teaser at the end of the movie.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: I'll say X-Men 1,2, Watchmen, Thor 1, TDK trilogy & MOS all succeeded being more than just good guy beats bad guy. The rest all followed that formula, for example I don't see how Ant-Man could have a deep meaning but who knows?

And yeah I know what you mean about senseless movies making big bucks, those movies are what the kids wanna watch.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just not feeling it.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Film looked okay, perhaps a bit too sepia-blue haze but what I really didn't like is the soundtrack.

XLRate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: Oh yes! How dare we simple folk enjoy whatever films we like, what idiots we are! Please, preach to us from your high-horse and convince us that merrimentis bad!

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlrate said:

@flameboy298: Oh yes! How dare we simple folk enjoy whatever films we like, what idiots we are! Please, preach to us from your high-horse and convince us that merrimentis bad!

I did come off pretentious,but each to their own I suppose.

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This so generic, that it will be hurt.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like a Generic Superhero film to me except its SciFi mixed in.I have yet to see any Comic book film that delves deep like The Dark Knight that isn't just some good guy beating the bad guy.

The winter soldier.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298 said:

The winter soldier.

Not nearly as deep as The Dark Knight,but it does go beyond being the typical Superhero film.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I still don't see why people are coming round to this film, still seems as unnecessarily dark and gritty which is the opposite tone of the Fantastic Four's stories. Plus, Doom's still a blogger in this film, an inexcusable depiction of one of Marvel's greatest villains.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MAZAHS117

Like the song.....but still no

I'll wait for FX to premiere this

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This trailer seems a bit odd compared to some of the previous ones. This cut seems to fit in with more standard superhero fair which is strange because the previous trailers seemed to suggest something more in line with Trank's suggestion that he was going for a more David Cronenberg type of film (which is a way more interesting way to go with it IMO).

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Power by Kanye West in a trailer?

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I have a feeling him blogging is probably a very small part of how he starts the film.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: I would hardly call the Dark Knight a comic book movie. It's more of an intense crime drama. Awesome, yet very different. And that trilogy ended on a terrible note.

The fact that Batman is hardly as cool as comic book Batman makes me excited for Affleck.

It isn't always about being intense and dark. I enjoy that too, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't always work on every subject. Take MoS for example. A movie that tried so hard to make us relate and like Superman when it came across as unbelievable. It just didn't work. The Avengers admitted their ridiculousness and the humor makes you feel that they are human beneath the mask.

So, chill.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By bloggerboy

I hope for the best but FF seems like it will be perfectly adequate. They should have really gone with Annihilus with this one seen as the Negative Zone is a part of it. Sure they are adapting Ultimate Fantastic Four vol. 1 & 2 but seeing Doom again feels lazy. Especially since he's still not the despot of Latveria.

HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Am I a terrible person for wanting this to fail so Marvel can get the rights back?

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I still don't see why people are coming round to this film, still seems as unnecessarily dark and gritty which is the opposite tone of the Fantastic Four's stories. Plus, Doom's still a blogger in this film, an inexcusable depiction of one of Marvel's greatest villains.

is he 100% a blogger? that is official?

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

@flameboy298: Watchmen?

Watchmen,and maybe some of the X-men films they try to have deep meaning. They're only a handful of Superhero movies that are like that.However the general Audience doesn't need a Superhero movie to have deeper meaning. They will literally eat anything Hollywood throws at them Fast and Furious,Transformers makes millions at the box office.One could argue though they're going for just the action,sense most of these films have minimal to no story and are at times mindless action.It's still crazy to me how some of these movies make millions of dollars when they're all pretty generic.

Watchmen basically puts what's in the comic on the screen. I love the comic but I thought the movie sucked, not only because I had this feeling of deja vu through out the whole thing but because some things that work in the comic just didn't in the movie (like Rorscharch inner monologue) while others that weren't in the comic but were in the movie took me out completely (like the fact that the Watchmen are no longer humans but super powered people who can crash stone columns with their bare hands)

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rogueshadow  Moderator

This will probably be a decent film, but a terrible Fantastic Four film.

I'm simply not interested enough to go and see this.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: do you read Fantastic Four comic books?

@tximinoman: well that's subjective.

Avatar image for theangrybrownguy
    theangrybrownguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298 : I have to agree with you. None of the trailer dialogue is profound or memorable. It seems like it's "trying too hard". So maybe I'm pretentious, too.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skipping this movie out of spite

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lvenger

@illmatic4177 said:

@lvenger: I have a feeling him blogging is probably a very small part of how he starts the film.

But why was Doom being a blogger the first thing we heard about regarding Doom's role in the new Fantastic Four film?

@w0nd said:
    @lvenger said:

is he 100% a blogger? that is official?

Well the actor playing Doom said in an interview that Doom would be a blogger with a name change too, and I think the director has confirmed that rumour too. Based on their comments, it's pretty close to being official IMO.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

He's black...

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

I'm conflicted, I like the actors (Teller and Jordan especially)and the director but the story always ends up being Reed feeling bad about changing Ben but he becomes somewhat comfortable as a rock monster right as they realize they're superheroes and have to stop Doom...which they always do, how is this story different (other than origins)? POSSIBLY MY BIGGEST ANNOYANCE: The Thing, though he looks awesome, why does he have to be naked, poor guy is already a rock monster now he doesn't even have man parts. I always liked seeing Ben/Thing in the over sized clothes he wore, they even had Thing wear regular clothes in the original 2 (crappy) movies. Just don't like that characters lose their man parts (Abomination in "Incredible Hulk"), it's game over if I lose my man parts I would definitely end it if my man parts "disappeared." Thing has it rough enough, least they could do is let him keep his penis.

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By fACEmelter88
    jimmywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boycott. It's the only way.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@cloudguy said:

I saw about 3 seconds of new footage lol, the rest was what we've already seen.

pretty much this

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Okay.... THIS PLOT IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE FIRST MOVIE!!!!! THEY GO ON MISSION, GET POWERS, DOOM COMES IN TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!! DO THEY NOT SEE THAT THIS IS LITERALLY THE FIRST MOVIE WHICH, aside from a FEW elements here or there, SUCKED SO MANY BALLS?!?!

I mean look. Is the first Fantastic Four movie unwatchable? No! It's not Batman and Robin or Spider-Man 3 level bad, but it was KINDA boring. They took the origin..... And stretched it to the ENTIRE length of the movie!!! Spider-Man was already in the tights and fighting crime about 30 minutes into his first movie! The Fantastic Four don't need MUCH of an origin movie in all honesty. They go to space, cosmic rays hit them, they end up with super powers. I look at this movie? And all I see is them literally REPEATING what has come before.

Avatar image for faithandbegorrah
    FaithAndBegorrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Avatar image for starscream_vs_you
    Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm over this movie already. Once I found out that Dr. Doom was some regular old blogger, the name change, and The Things "Thing" gone no dignity whatsoever. All was a big no for me.

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jrupert1

Can't really say I'm excited for Fant 4 Stic. The tone feels really off. By that I mean, at least how the trailers are put together, that they're forcing it. Uninspired is the word I'd use.

NWOslave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is a day one rental from redbox for me. no way im spending 24$ on two tickets(one for me one for wife) and then another 15$ for concessions on this, this whatever this is supposed to be with a FF slapped on it.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Srs. Fox needs a tv spot or trailer with different clips. Everything has been the same from the first trailer.

They don't wanna show too much, and I think they're also saving the new stuff for Comic Con.

But this TV Spot was great, and I'm pretty amped to see this.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty awful.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rogueshadow  Moderator
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay.... THIS PLOT IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE FIRST MOVIE!!!!! THEY GO ON MISSION, GET POWERS, DOOM COMES IN TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!! DO THEY NOT SEE THAT THIS IS LITERALLY THE FIRST MOVIE WHICH, aside from a FEW elements here or there, SUCKED SO MANY BALLS?!?!

I mean look. Is the first Fantastic Four movie unwatchable? No! It's not Batman and Robin or Spider-Man 3 level bad, but it was KINDA boring. They took the origin..... And stretched it to the ENTIRE length of the movie!!! Spider-Man was already in the tights and fighting crime about 30 minutes into his first movie! The Fantastic Four don't need MUCH of an origin movie in all honesty. They go to space, cosmic rays hit them, they end up with super powers. I look at this movie? And all I see is them literally REPEATING what has come before.

Nice observation, should have spotted it sooner. This is practically the same as the first Fantastic Four movie with an unnecessary dark and gritty tone.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: any different stories you think they should've adapted

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.