This was designed by Reed Richards, Mr. Fantastic himself. This was the transportation before they were a super-powered group.
The Fantastic-Car Mk I is stored on the top floor of the Baxter Building. A mechanical elevator opens on the roof to land and deploy the flying machine. The car splits into four different pieces so each member can use the car separately. The front part is for Mister Fantastic, the rear is the Human Torch and the Thing and Invisible Woman ride in center.
In Other Media
- The Fantasticar appears in the low-budget 1994 Fantastic Four film by Roger Corman.
- The Fantasticar appears in the 2005 Fantastic Four film by Tim Story. The version in the film resembles a more advanced version of the original Fantasticar from the Silver Age comics.
- A sleeker, upgraded version of the Fantasticar appears in the 2007 sequel, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. This version of the Fantasticar sports a Dodge logo as a bit of product placement.
- The Fantasticar is mentioned in the 2015 Fantastic Four reboot by Josh Trank. It was featured in the script as well, but was cut from the finished movie.
- A Fantasticar toy was produced by ToyBiz for their line based on the 1994 Fantastic Four animated series.
- ToyBiz's Marvel Legends Mister Fantastic Figure came with his portion of the Fantasticar as a display base.
- ToyBiz produced a Fantasticar toy for the 2005 Fantastic Four movie.
- After taking over the Marvel license, Hasbro produced a Fantasticar toy based on its appearance in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.